Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Kinda off topic but is a center like bynum even that useful in the triangle offense???
    Not so much when he's 19 years old with all kinds of flaws in his game. If he improves at those things, there is no reason why he can't excel in the triangle. He doesn't seem instinctively aggressive though, and he's not a super athlete either...no real explosion.

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    As far as trading him...If he is the difference between getting a superstar or not, than you should probably trade him. The Lakers should offer him along with Odom and extras and try to get KG. Kobe isn't going to go deep into the playoffs without another very good all star on the team. You need to remember that when Bynum is 24 years old, Kobe will be 33...These years right now and just a total waste of Kobe's prime...the Laker front office has just made a lot of bad decisions... This coming off season is when they need to make a real serious move. Kwame will be an expiring contract after next year so he'll be very very easy to trade...Brian Grants contract will be off the books, Odom will still have value and Bynum will be wanted by a lot of teams if they dangle him.
    Exactly my thoughts.

I rule the local playground Sword.Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    Just for the record, I'm not saying he sucks...but I just don't want to wait until he becomes what hes projected to be. Like I said, what if he becomes a Gasol? why not have Gasol right now if we can?
    What if i became a millionaire in the future? why wouldn't i want the money right now?

Please, no one is goin to take a chance at a player whos 19, and has barley played in the leauge so far.. and theres no chance hes goin to be traded for Garnett or Gasol or any other PF,C in the leauge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword.Dragons
    What if i became a millionaire in the future? why wouldn't i want the money right now?

Please, no one is goin to take a chance at a player whos 19, and has barley played in the leauge so far.. and theres no chance hes goin to be traded for Garnett or Gasol or any other PF,C in the leauge.
    HUH??? In the past teams have taken chances on guys just as young that have shown a lot less than bynum has

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    HUH??? In the past teams have taken chances on guys just as young that have shown a lot less than bynum has
    But KG and Gasol are in their primes..
    Which young guys were traded for a great player?

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Sword.Dragons

I think you misunderstood me. Im saying if Lakers have a chance to get Gasol right now...then why not do it rather than having to risk and see what they have in Bynum while Kobe's prime is passing by

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    I think you misunderstood me. Im saying if Lakers have a chance to get Gasol right now...then why not do it rather than having to risk and see what they have in Bynum while Kobe's prime is passing by
    Oh my bad, i thought you ment it the other way around.

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

didnt he come out striahgt from high school? looking back at previous hs i see

format as follow:
    name
    1 season
    2 season

k garnett
    10.4 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1.8 apg
    17.0 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 3.1 apg

jermaine o'neal
    4.1 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 0.2 apg
    4.5 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.3 apg

t-mac
    7.0 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 1.5 apg
    9.3 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 2.3 apg

and now the immortal kobe bryant
    7.6 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 1.3 apg
    15.4ppg, 3.1 rpg, 2.5 apg

Andrew Bynum
    1.6 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.2 apg
    8.4 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.3 apg

i see a progress so for and as long as he develops dont get influence by the biggest bust kwame he'll be good in a year or two

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

i agree lamar odom seems to be a liability, and no matter how good he is if he doesnt see enough playing time due to his constant injuries, i say trade him out as soon as possible now that his value is up there.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease HANNIBAL SMITH's Avatar

You Laker Fans kill me. Got damn, the Kid has been playing way beyond expectations so far this season and you guys still arent satisfied? The kid hardly gets enough touches as is to put up points, i'm shocked he's gives the lakeshow nearly 9 a game.

On the real, how many points did you expect him to score when nobody on the ****in roster sans Kobe and Walton, can deliver him the ball properly, especially yesterday when possbly the worst starting backcourt in Lakers history was out there on the floor. He cant create his shot consistently as of now so the lakers gotta set him up, get him going with a lob or sumthing.

Bynum's problems are his inability to stay outta foul trouble ( most of the time he gets rookie treatment from the refs) and strength, the kid needs to live in the weight room this off season, dont shoot no jumpers, no sky hooks and etc, weight room all off season.

If the Lakers gonna trade Bynum, i'd rather it be for a KG, not for Jason ****in Kidd or that nutty n!gga Ron Artest.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
    7 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 2-6 shooting on a night where our 3 best players and scorers are out and we needed him to step up.

Andrew Bogut who was being guarded by Bynum most of the time had 22/6/5 with a steal and a block on 10-12 shooting.

This kid will never amount to anything special, it's best to trade him now for an established star before other teams realize how terrible he is and his trade value goes down. I wish we would have traded him for Kidd.

He's weak, lazy, has a poor work ethic, unathletic, jumps 10 inches, has a low basketball IQ, gets pushed around in the paint, tries to block every shot and ends up in foul trouble, he's not a good man to man defender and might be one of the worst rebounders in the league considering he's 7'1, 285 lbs. Even Kwame Brown is better than him, I want him gone!!!
    he may suck now, but have faith habibi. He won't suck when he's 26.

Roy = my new fave.

Andrew Bynum sucks!
    What a difference half a season makes.

We all choked so hard from having Bynum shoved down our collective throats at the beginning of the season. Now this topic comes up.

Foolish, Fickle Faker Fans (FFFF) strike again. There are reasonable ones out there, but it's like mixing manure and ice cream. Pretty well ruins the ice cream. Doesn't do much to the manure, though.

Bynum is going to be a good center in 2 years.

But if you could have had Pau and didn't trade him... shame on the Lakers.

Decent playground baller

he did OK for a 19 year old player in his second season.

it's not like bynum is KWAME BROWN or anything, the BIGGEST BUST IN THE NBA.

did kwame brown win the game for the lakers? i will bash him every chance i get, to the point of becoming annoying. because i personally find it annoying how little people bash kwame brown.

he does NOTHING to win the lakers games and he's a number 1 overall pick. it boggles my mind why he gets a free pass while somebody starts a new thread to bash andrew bynum.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jody
    he did OK for a 19 year old player in his second season.

it's not like bynum is KWAME BROWN or anything, the BIGGEST BUST IN THE NBA.

did kwame brown win the game for the lakers? i will bash him every chance i get, to the point of becoming annoying. because i personally find it annoying how little people bash kwame brown.

he does NOTHING to win the lakers games and he's a number 1 overall pick. it boggles my mind why he gets a free pass while somebody starts a new thread to bash andrew bynum.
    if you are SOOOOOOO worked up about it, start a new thread of Kwame bashing.
    By the way, you are right that he has not lived up to expectations, but he is the Lakers best defender not named Kobe....and that counts for something.