Page 14 of 130 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464114 ... LastLast
    o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

OK State vs Virginia Tech is going to be a very good game.

Kentucky down six to Baylor with less than 3 minutes to go. Their 54 game home win streak is in some jeopardy.

Louisville is also down by four to Illinois State about halfway through the second half.

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

just can't throw it in the ocean, from the field or the line

this team led the nation in FG% before the ND game, I don't know where those shooters went

Quote Originally Posted by ukfan22
    just can't throw it in the ocean, from the field or the line

this team led the nation in FG% before the ND game, I don't know where those shooters went
    You guys will be fine by the time the tourney comes around but this is definitely the most raw freshman class I've seen from Coach Cal since he took over at UK. I think Isaiah Austin is pretty far ahead of Noel and will be drafted ahead of him this summer.

Honestly, I've been more impressed by Cauley-Stein than Noel. Poythress remind me of Terrence Jones a bit. If anyone wants a laugh, go check out Rupp Rafters right now.

Lack of a PG is your problem, imo.

I think UK's ceiling is Elite Eight (if everything clicks) this season. Probably a second weekend team. Which is pretty good, all things considered.

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Haha loving Santa Hat Wiggins!

Ha, thanks. Props to Fap who made it.

UNC has their own problems. Bullock got injured in the IU game. PJ's been injured since before that. Paige got injured in Maui and he didn't practice today.

Awesome. 2010 all over again, sans the chemistry issues and the injuries happening the guards instead of the bigs. Although similarly in that 2010 had an abundance of bigs like 2013 has an abundance of guards.

Oh, and apparently Luke Davis tweaked his ACL and rolled an ankle. lol...
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 12-01-2012 at 04:46 PM.

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    You guys will be fine by the time the tourney comes around but this is definitely the most raw freshman class I've seen from Coach Cal since he took over at UK. I think Isaiah Austin is pretty far ahead of Noel and will be drafted ahead of him this summer.

Honestly, I've been more impressed by Cauley-Stein than Noel. Poythress remind me of Terrence Jones a bit. If anyone wants a laugh, go check out Rupp Rafters right now.
    I'm not sure how you get that about Noel, he missed a lot of easy shots today he normally makes, but he's the only one playing with consistent energy, and he actually does make the right play most of the time.

Poythress, I don't know, he just looks like he's really unsure all of the time. When he gets the ball he usually makes a move, but even then he often goes into multiple defenders and puts up a bad shot. And that's not exclusive to him, the team as a whole tends to lack basketball IQ and situational awareness. He makes these explosive athletic plays, but the savvy, skilled plays seem beyond him at times.

I think they'll get better, these last 2 games they've missed a ton of shots they were making with relative ease early on. Wiltjer has to make shots, he doesn't offer much else out there. He still looks nervous, which is concerning seeing as how he's the only player with experience. Harrow looked good at the end, he has to play and run the team with some efficiency for us to get where we need to be.

Archie is really good, but he's forcing it.

Quote Originally Posted by ukfan22
    I'm not sure how you get that about Noel, he missed a lot of easy shots today he normally makes, but he's the only one playing with consistent energy, and he actually does make the right play most of the time.

Poythress, I don't know, he just looks like he's really unsure all of the time. When he gets the ball he usually makes a move, but even then he often goes into multiple defenders and puts up a bad shot. And that's not exclusive to him, the team as a whole tends to lack basketball IQ and situational awareness. He makes these explosive athletic plays, but the savvy, skilled plays seem beyond him at times.

I think they'll get better, these last 2 games they've missed a ton of shots they were making with relative ease early on. Wiltjer has to make shots, he doesn't offer much else out there. He still looks nervous, which is concerning seeing as how he's the only player with experience. Harrow looked good at the end, he has to play and run the team with some efficiency for us to get where we need to be.

Archie is really good, but he's forcing it.
    Noel will be a good player - no doubt about that. I've just never been sold on him as a top 5 pick, let alone the #1 overall. Nothing he's done suggests to me that he'll ever be a refined offensive player. I like his energy and defense but those types of players generally aren't top 5 picks. He was active today but a guy that size going 3/15 in a college gams is unacceptable.

Poythress' decision making is certainly questionable but I love his skillset along with his athleticism and strength. I think another year of school and he could be an absolute monster and top 3 pick.

Wiltjer needs to start taking on a bigger role and playing bigger. He's soft, can't play defense, and when his shot's not falling he's basically useless out there.

Nik Stauskas from Michigan really is an amazing shooter. Love watching these Wolverines play. Could be primed for a deep run in the NCAAs.

UAB 9 for their last 10 From three including 7 in a row, and UNC still up 8?

I'll take it, I guess, but just another game where a team goes beserk on UNC from three.

Because of UNC's piss poor transition defense. It's not a coincidence every team goes off from 3 against North Carolina.

Roy's defense, by design, wants you to shoot 3's instead of 2's. The problem is our hedging and rotations are so bad this year that we leave guys wide open every time.

Zeller and Henson were great in that area. You would assume McAdoo would be because he's quicker than both. Alas he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Because of UNC's piss poor transition defense. It's not a coincidence every team goes off from 3 against North Carolina.

Roy's defense, by design, wants you to shoot 3's instead of 2's. The problem is our hedging and rotations are so bad this year that we leave guys wide open every time.

Zeller and Henson were great in that area. You would assume McAdoo would be because he's quicker than both. Alas he's not.
    I agree, but they were hitting pull-up jumpers in transition over and over again. Didn't think something like that was sustainable but they sustained for a good stretch.

Like the smallball lineup Roy went with in the second half with Hairston, McDonald, and Bullock all on the floor at the same time. If they could defensive rebound better (which they should since Reggie and P.J. are two of the better rebounders on the team) that could be a pretty dangerous lineup.
    Last edited by KG215; 12-01-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Ben Weixlmann ‏@BWeixScout
    As @PorterMoser tweeted a bit ago, I confirmed through multiple sources that former #SLU coach Rick Majerus has passed away.
    Sad deal.

Very sad. After Roy, he was Coach Smith's choice to become the next head coach. That was back when Roy decided to stay put at KU and we ended up with Doh.

I used to love him commentating games. Great coach as well.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Majerus passing really sucks. Straight shooter and STELLAR coach that never got his due.