Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: How many rings does Jordan win if he played in the 00's or 10's eras?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    And yet that was when the NBA was most popular. So I guess people don't like to watch talented players?
    Sarcastic
    Sarcastic
    Sarcastic
    Sarcastic
    Sarcastic
    Sarcastic
    Sarcastic

Default Re: How many rings does Jordan win if he played in the 00's or 10's eras?

He'd lose to the 3peat lakers and to the 2peat lakers. (Lakerd would 3 peat in this scenerio though.

jordan wins from 03-07 and again from 11-15

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    He'd lose to the 3peat lakers and to the 2peat lakers. (Lakerd would 3 peat in this scenerio though.

Has nothing to do with era....... has to do with supporting cast, you take away the teammates / coach he had and replace them with scrubs and he pretty much will end up ringless in any era except for maybe 30s or something....

Thats what rings are... team accomplishments... fact is Michael Jordan is the greatest individual player i have ever seen and arguably the most impactful/dominant, he was the most meaningful aswell, thats how i rank my players / criteria, he is #1 for me without any ring...... seriously, ask yourself, is he really any different individual talent just because his supporting cast was horrible holding him from winning 6 championships? NO.... I exclude rings completely when evaluating an INDIVIDUAL PLAYER, completely meaningless, its about the context of the championship run itself from the individual players standpoint itself (his performance, role, impact based on what he had to work with around him).
    Last edited by pauk; 10-30-2015 at 01:52 PM.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

This seems legit to me.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Why would anyone assume that he wouldn't have teammates? Isn't this a super stacked era. So much talent everywhere that we are swimming in it.

I have no idea hard question to answer anywhere from 5-7 rings sounds about right.

right on point.

NBA rookie of the year

Are we assuming Jordan has his Bulls teams? If so, and we match them up as below, this is what I feel the outcome would be:

1991 Bulls vs. 2000 Lakers - Bulls in 6/7. Bulls had way better chemistry, Kobe hadn't fully blossomed yet, and Chicago's post help defense would fluster Shaq enough to win the series imo.

1992 Bulls vs. 2001 Lakers - even odds, possibly slight edge Bulls

1993 Bulls vs. 2002 Lakers - Bulls in 7

1996 Bulls vs. 2005 Spurs - Bulls in 6-7

1997 Bulls vs. 2006 Mavs - Bulls in 5-6

1998 Bulls vs. 2007 Spurs - Bulls in 6-7, possibly 7 games due to SA being a younger core.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    This is all that can be said....just

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    And yet that was when the NBA was most popular. So I guess people don't like to watch talented players?

you realize it's more popular now right?

no one man could stop michael - it was always a team effort. with the spacing of today and how superstar teams stack the deck, he would win it every year.

I rule the local playground

Depends on whether he gets to play with Ditka or not.