Page 83 of 91 FirstFirst ... 337380818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1357

Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

How did Indiana have success with this #1 at PG? Are Big 10 guards really that weak this year?

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    How did Indiana have success with this #1 at PG? Are Big 10 guards really that weak this year?
    Yes.

The best point guard in their conference this season has been a true freshman in Trey Burke.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Yes.

The best point guard in their conference this season has been a true freshman in Trey Burke.
    Thanks. I havent been impressed with Taylor/Wisc any of the times I've seen him either. Indiana is going to have tough time in the tourney without the backup that got hurt the other day. He's just ok, but you're not winning with this kid.

Thanks. I havent been impressed with Taylor/Wisc any of the times I've seen him either. Indiana is going to have tough time in the tourney without the backup that got hurt the other day. He's just ok, but you're not winning with this kid.
    Yeah Taylor plays with a lot of heart and has a high basketball IQ, but I've never been impressed by his game at all. I think the media has given him far more hype than he deserves as a player.

But I dont see Indiana going too far in the tournament either. PG play is espescially important when the games are coming down to the wire and you need a PG to make plays. This is basically a pre-cursor year to what should be the "2012-2013 version" of Syracuse as far as an Indiana team that goes 10 deep of talented players.

Boy, SEC is pretty bad. Florida #19? They suck out loud.

Only thing that makes me itchy skitchy about Kentucky is how bad this conference is. Not PAC 12 bad, but pretty weak.

Boy, SEC is pretty bad. Florida #19? They suck out loud.

Only thing that makes me itchy skitchy about Kentucky is how bad this conference is. Not PAC 12 bad, but pretty weak.
    Florida is Duke-lite. They have three or four smallish guards (no 6'5"+ wing players) who love to shoot the three and that's what Florida lives and dies by. Patric Young gives them a solid inside presence but, like Duke, when Florida's three-point shot isn't falling they are a really average team.

After the Pac-12, the SEC is the worst of the six "power" conferences. Vanderbilt should have been better with Taylor, Jenkins, and Ezeli but never lived up to their preseason hype. I mean Tennessee finished tied for 2nd in the conference if that tells you anything.

The ACC isn't much better than the SEC to be honest. After UNC and Duke, an dmaybe Florida State the conference is pretty mediocre in the middle. It's just downright awful at the bottom. Boston College, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, and Virginia Tech are really bad. Boston College might be the worst ACC team I've ever seen.

Kansas' one-seed may be in jeopardy. Baylor looked really good. They led by as many as 14 in the 2nd half. Kansas came back to take the lead a little later in the half, but Baylor held them off. Brady Heslip hit some really clutch threes down the stretch.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Peyton Siva with 11 points 7 rebounds 7 assist in the first half. WOW.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Nebraska fired Doc Sadler

Xavier pulls out a 1 point win vs Dayton. I think they're all but in, but a win vs St. Louis tomorrow will end any speculation.

Great wins by Cincy and Louisville (ok, Louisville is still playing, but it's over lol). An old Conference-USA match up for the finals.

Baylor might have given OSU or MSU a 1 seed again. I believe if either of them win the Big 10 tournament, they will vault ahead of Kansas for sure. Now if Duke wins the ACC tournament, they can have a claim, but I don't see them beating UNC in the finals. One thing OSU and MSU will have over both Kansas and Duke regardless, is a share of the regular season title and a tournament title (if one of those two win it). I don't see Duke getting a 1 seed if they don't win a title of some sort.

I think it's settled that the Big 10 will get 6 bids. Don't see NW getting in. Toughest conference in the country, but teams 7-9 still should be expected to win more games. Didn't do it.

I don't see Kentucky winning it all. Sorry. Bad or average teams have kept it close for a half or longer recently. If this is the sweet 16 or later, one sluggish half can ruin you. I might be in the minority, but I still think their immaturity will come back to haunt them.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Nebraska fired Doc Sadler
    My dad went to high school and played basketball with Doc Sadler, then later coached against him on the high school level. Doc got his start coaching high school in Arkansas' lowest classification.

I don't know what Nebraska expects or wants out of their basketball program. Their instate talent pool is nonexistent and they have zero history and tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    Xavier pulls out a 1 point win vs Dayton. I think they're all but in, but a win vs St. Louis tomorrow will end any speculation.

Great wins by Cincy and Louisville (ok, Louisville is still playing, but it's over lol). An old Conference-USA match up for the finals.

Baylor might have given OSU or MSU a 1 seed again. I believe if either of them win the Big 10 tournament, they will vault ahead of Kansas for sure. Now if Duke wins the ACC tournament, they can have a claim, but I don't see them beating UNC in the finals. One thing OSU and MSU will have over both Kansas and Duke regardless, is a share of the regular season title and a tournament title (if one of those two win it). I don't see Duke getting a 1 seed if they don't win a title of some sort.

I think it's settled that the Big 10 will get 6 bids. Don't see NW getting in. Toughest conference in the country, but teams 7-9 still should be expected to win more games. Didn't do it.

I don't see Kentucky winning it all. Sorry. Bad or average teams have kept it close for a half or longer recently. If this is the sweet 16 or later, one sluggish half can ruin you. I might be in the minority, but I still think their immaturity will come back to haunt them.
    UNC may not have John Henson if they make it to the ACC tourney finals. Of course Duke won't have Ryan Kelly either. Still not sure if Duke can or will beat Florida State, either.

I'm just going to have a hard time not putting Kentucky in the Final Four this year, and will probably have them winning it all. I still don't think this team is more talented or any better than the Wall/Cousins/Bledsoe/Orton team that lost in the Elite Eight to West Virginia a couple of years ago.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    My dad went to high school and played basketball with Doc Sadler, then later coached against him on the high school level. Doc got his start coaching high school in Arkansas' lowest classification.

I don't know what Nebraska expects or wants out of their basketball program. Their instate talent pool is nonexistent and they have zero history and tradition.
    I don't know much about Sadler with him being new to the conference and never having a reason to pay any attention to Nebraska hoops before, but he seems like a class guy. Far as their program in general, seems like they intend to put some focus on it. They just built a brand new arena and it seems like they plan to put some money into the program and try and build something decent. Guess we'll see with their next hire, like you said there's NOTHING there to entice a coach, but money talks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    But if will affect Henson in the upcoming NBA draft. He either has to play another year for UNC or accept the fate of being selected in later first round or even second round.
    yeah good point. I love me some McAdoo though ready to see him unleashed. Love me some Hairston but that is going to have to wait atleast one more year.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I don't know much about Sadler with him being new to the conference and never having a reason to pay any attention to Nebraska hoops before, but he seems like a class guy. Far as their program in general, seems like they intend to put some focus on it. They just built a brand new arena and it seems like they plan to put some money into the program and try and build something decent. Guess we'll see with their next hire, like you said there's NOTHING there to entice a coach, but money talks.
    I guess the 1 thing any coach stepping into the job at Nebraska may be enticed by is the fact that expectations there are so low because there isn't much history. They've not been a relevant program in the last 20-30 years or in any of our lifetimes. If their next coach steps into that job and gets them into the Top 25 or even a NCAA Tournament bid, he could pretty much buy himself a 10 year contract there. I mean they gave Sadler 6 years with minimal results, and their previous coach did 6 years there as well with even worse results. You could really put your stamp on that program without winning too much.