Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Apartment in big city or large property an hour away from the city in the suburbs?

Which would you chose?

I've personally always wanted a lot of land in a secluded area.

Default Re: Apartment in big city or large property an hour away from the city in the suburbs?

Make it 30 mins away and I take the house with property all day. An hour away is a bit far though.

Default Re: Apartment in big city or large property an hour away from the city in the suburbs?

Depends on the price and my job.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

not a big city fan, myself. unless you consider places in orange county as big city. to me, that means places like LA/Hollywood. and i for one, would never want to live there, or even close to there.

Nice condo in big city >

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Depends. If you are young and working in the city I'd probably choose the option of having an apartment in the city instead. Funner and more convenient. However, I would look into an apartment I can buy so I can get some type of return on my investment instead of just paying rent and having that money being wasted.

But If I have kids than suburbs.

Just don't rent would be my advice.

kings fan

You can tell who's gonna be poor for the rest of their lives in this thread.

I have an apartment in the city now. Pittsburgh isn't a "big" city like NY/LA/CHI but it is still a fairly major metro area. Definitely wouldn't want to live in the burbs until I'm in my 30s probably. I plan on renting for a good while longer. I value the flexibility of moving to a different part of the city or even relocating for a job opportunity over any desire to view my residence as an investment.
    Last edited by Jailblazers7; 08-14-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Depends on income, rent of said apartment, price of said property.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    I have an apartment in the city now. Pittsburgh isn't a "big" city like NY/LA/CHI but it is still a fairly major metro area. Definitely wouldn't want to live in the burbs until I'm in my 30s probably. I plan on renting for a good while longer. I value the flexibility of moving to a different part of the city or even relocating for a job opportunity over any desire to view my residence as an investment.
    This. When you get older you don

[QUOTE=casual_fan]This. When you get older you don

I've had enough of soulless suburbia for this lifetime

But if it was an actual mansion or nice home (NOT a copypasted mcmansion in a gated community for example) with lots of nature nearby...it would be a much harder decision.

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Depends. If you are young and working in the city I'd probably choose the option of having an apartment in the city instead. Funner and more convenient. However, I would look into an apartment I can buy so I can get some type of return on my investment instead of just paying rent and having that money being wasted.

But If I have kids than suburbs.

Just don't rent would be my advice.
    Yea for me it's just do I have kids. I would definitely rather live in a quieter area without having to deal with riffraff in cities... but 2 hours of driving a day is too much. I actually probably drive that a lot of the times now because of how far I live from work and it's hard my back and shit... would much rather live closer. If I have a family though I'm getting the hell out of the city.

I definitely want to have a house with a park in my back yard whenever I had kids. I grew up with a park in my back yard and it was the best thing about my childhood.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

privacy + low cost of living all day every day.

F*ck apartment living. I hate it.