Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JT Terrell

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default JT Terrell

He is going to USC next semester....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xIQ1BT8phk

how is no one talking about this dude he is T-MAC recreated....look at his pullup jumper...

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: JT Terrell

Isn't that the Wake Forest kid who's tranfering?

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    He is going to USC next semester....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xIQ1BT8phk

how is no one talking about this dude he is T-MAC recreated....look at his pullup jumper...
    Maybe because Wake Forest was beyond awful this year. It's kinda hard to get too excited when he didn't even really stick out on a team that was as bad as Wake Forest. Not to mention he's 6'3" or 6'4" while T-Mac is 6'8".

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Maybe because Wake Forest was beyond awful this year. It's kinda hard to get too excited when he didn't even really stick out on a team that was as bad as Wake Forest. Not to mention he's 6'3" or 6'4" while T-Mac is 6'8".

Yeah, 11 points as a Frosh in the ACC is relatively impressive even on a bad WF team. But from what I remember watching he's undersized, and while a good ballhandler, doesn't really have much in the way of vision to create for others, and while a really good shooter, his shot selection is questionable at best. And he seemed like a good to very good athlete, but not elite (It's getting rediculous that guys who can do between the leg dunks in High School aren't considered elite athletes, but he didn't really play like one).
    He's kind of a poor man's Austin Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Yeah, 11 points as a Frosh in the ACC is relatively impressive even on a bad WF team. But from what I remember watching he's undersized, and while a good ballhandler, doesn't really have much in the way of vision to create for others, and while a really good shooter, his shot selection is questionable at best. And he seemed like a good to very good athlete, but not elite (It's getting rediculous that guys who can do between the leg dunks in High School aren't considered elite athletes, but he didn't really play like one).
    He's kind of a poor man's Austin Rivers.
    I guess he did sit ot this year, didn't he? I watch a lot of ACC ball and still don't really remember him from last year. 11 ppg is very good for a freshman but, other than that, he's not going to be USC's savoir this coming season.

Good college starter

Wouldn't be surprised if he exploded elsewhere. Wake has been awful at developing talent since Prosser died. Skeen transferred from Wake and a couple years later was leading to VCU to the Final Four, after showing a lot less his freshman year.

Decent playground baller

JT Terrel played at Wake Forest his frosh year (10-11) and then transferred to USC.

I'm not sure why he wasnt at USC this last year redshirting as a transfer, but he played at PENINSULA Community College in Washington. I have a couple friends who played against him and said he was by far the best CC player they played against the whole year.
    Not sure how much this means because the CC league he was in is traditionally pretty weak and only produces 3-4 D1 players every Vear out of about 25 teams.

Havnt seem him play personaly so i wouldnt know how good he is.
    just some info on him.
    peace

The champ is here. The Big Skinny's Avatar

TMac? He plays exactly like Jordan Crawford. Dribble, shoots, same mannerisms.

TMac is way smoother and is probably definitely taller. Not to mention he did it effortlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Skinny

TMac is way smoother and is probably definitely taller. Not to mention he did it effortlessly.
    There's no probably about it. T-Mac is 6'8" and this kid is 6'3" or 6'4". It's not like Terrell is 6'5" or 6'6" while T-Mac is actually 6'7" despite being listed at 6'8".

My first thought was Jordan Crawford too.

"Probably definitely"?

Rise Above The Comp Dr. Hoopenstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lukeridnour08
    JT Terrel played at Wake Forest his frosh year (10-11) and then transferred to USC.

I'm not sure why he wasnt at USC this last year redshirting as a transfer, but he played at PENINSULA Community College in Washington. I have a couple friends who played against him and said he was by far the best CC player they played against the whole year.
    Not sure how much this means because the CC league he was in is traditionally pretty weak and only produces 3-4 D1 players every Vear out of about 25 teams.

Havnt seem him play personaly so i wouldnt know how good he is.
    just some info on him.
    peace
    He played in the NWAACC http://www.nwaacc.org/basketball/mens_standings.php last season for Peninsula College.

He was the 2nd best player in the NWAACC behind Tacoma CC's Mark McLaughlin (University of Washington signee) in my mind.

Here are the NWAACC season individual player stat leaders for 2011-12: http://nwaacc.org/basketball/stat.ph...ll&season=2011

He is a legit NBA prospect who can create his own shot off of the bounce plus has NBA 3pt range & NBA athleticism.

Smart player.

JT should do well in the Pac 12 at USC he just needs to keep on getting better and working on his pg skills which he will need to be successful in the NBA.

Btw- the NWAACC isn't a weak league and has sent at least 6 players to DI's (UWashington, Oregon, USC, 2 at Seattle U, Southern U in Louisiana) so far & JT's teammate DFreeman is a DI player yet to sign so far this off season and far more players to DIIs/DIIIs and NAIAs colleges on basketball scholarships and/or financial aid agreements with many more talented NWAACC players still unsigned for next season.

Western Washington U (2012 DII basketball champs) have signed at least 2 NWAACC players this offseason and their roster is full of ex NWAACC players.

Mark McLaughlin was rated as the best JUCO player (& had the highest scoring average per game for ALL JUCO players) from 2012 & JT was 2nd Nationwide- point blank.

As well JT is down with Seattle's Tony Wroten Jr and his LOE crew http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRJBJ7TF9Fc .
    Last edited by Dr. Hoopenstein; 06-02-2012 at 03:06 PM.

And I would add whatever issues JT had in the past are apparently behind him as he has mature of of the court as well which shall serve him well moving forward in life.

As well, ShorelineCC has ex NBA player Bo Kimble as a volunteer assistant coach teaching them Paul Westhead's: The System (Loyola Marymount University)
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...achkimble.html

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._kelley23.html
    Last edited by Dr. Hoopenstein; 06-05-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hoopenstein
    He played in the NWAACC http://www.nwaacc.org/basketball/mens_standings.php last season for Peninsula College.

He was the 2nd best player in the NWAACC behind Tacoma CC's Mark McLaughlin (University of Washington signee) in my mind.

Here are the NWAACC season individual player stat leaders for 2011-12: http://nwaacc.org/basketball/stat.ph...ll&season=2011

He is a legit NBA prospect who can create his own shot off of the bounce plus has NBA 3pt range & NBA athleticism.

Smart player.

JT should do well in the Pac 12 at USC he just needs to keep on getting better and working on his pg skills which he will need to be successful in the NBA.

Btw- the NWAACC isn't a weak league and has sent at least 6 players to DI's (UWashington, Oregon, USC, 2 at Seattle U, Southern U in Louisiana) so far & JT's teammate DFreeman is a DI player yet to sign so far this off season and far more players to DIIs/DIIIs and NAIAs colleges on basketball scholarships and/or financial aid agreements with many more talented NWAACC players still unsigned for next season.

Western Washington U (2012 DII basketball champs) have signed at least 2 NWAACC players this offseason and their roster is full of ex NWAACC players.

Mark McLaughlin was rated as the best JUCO player (& had the highest scoring average per game for ALL JUCO players) from 2012 & JT was 2nd Nationwide- point blank.

As well JT is down with Seattle's Tony Wroten Jr and his LOE crew http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRJBJ7TF9Fc .

the NWAACC is not a good league. I played in it as well as my brothers and many many friends. Every generation of players i know that played in the NWAACC got smashed whenever they traveled out of state for tournaments.