Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-05-2006, 11:07 PM   #1
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation
Default Who will be traded by the all star break?

Just give a prediction of one of these players that you think may get traded no matter what the scenario by the all star break.

Wright, Nachbar, Boone, Adams, Collins, Carter

I'll go with:
Collins
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:59 AM   #2
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

I think we might try to package one of our rookies or Wright with a pick.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #3
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

wright, collins, second round pick for Darko and JJ? Probably a terrible trade but I can't think of anyone decent we can get with any combo of those players.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:51 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
wright, collins, second round pick for Darko and JJ? Probably a terrible trade but I can't think of anyone decent we can get with any combo of those players.

that would be highway robbery for the Nets. i like it.

too bad Magic have already reiterated they will not trade their young core.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:54 PM   #5
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They never play JJ though. They need to play him or trade him. Maybe we can give them a 2nd round pick for James Augustine!!
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #6
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

We don't need to give a 2nd round draft pick to get another Bench Big man, We already have 3 Boone,Collins,Moore, I say Collins becuase he really shouldn't be a starter. We need to get a legit Starting Power Forward.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:08 PM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Darko
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:44 PM   #8
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

Yeah Darko would be great but I was saying that about James Augustine.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:51 PM   #9
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
that would be highway robbery for the Nets. i like it.

too bad Magic have already reiterated they will not trade their young core.
I agree, That would be nice. I wish the Nets had another shooter. Evan though Reddick is a rookie, J-Kidd has a knack for making players like him great. The shooter would also spread the floor keeping the oppenents defense honest. This would open things up for Carter & Jefferson. Lets hope House can get back to his old self sooner than later.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:18 AM   #10
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley82
Yeah Darko would be great but I was saying that about James Augustine.

I love James cause he's an Illini and I've watched 3/4th of his career, but at this point I don't think he'd be that great for us. He can come in as a David Lee role and provide us with energy (but not the nice numbers around it), but don't look for him to be a starter, imo. He has a nice lefty jumpshot so he can definitely be the beneficiary of dribble drives or pick and pops like Nenad, and he's athletic too. He can run the floor and loves to jam it and has good hands on defense, but like Nenad, his frame is just too weak and when he goes against someone stronger than him, you see him conceeding buckets. He can't gaurd good post players. Hell, Marko Killingsworth (who is underrated and probably make a NBA team sometime, but yeah) gave him trouble in college, can you imagine matching up against Tim Duncan, KG, Shaq, Z-Bo or even Eddy Curry? Hell, Sean May destroyed him in college. He'd be good for this team, but I think if Mikki Moore can't get starting minutes over Jason, than Auggie won't either. Maybe in the future, but as of now, definitely not.

At this point, I'm praying the Nets are conceeding to whatever Minnesota wants for KG, in package that does not include more than 1 of the Big Three. I'd like to see Carter go the most of the three, but it'll probably be RJ. If it's RJ, Nenad, Jason, Boki or Adams two or how many 1st round picks, then do it. If we have a line up of Kidd, Wright, Vince, KG, Moore with Marcus, Cliff, Adams off the bench, then I'll be happy...I just hope we don't lose Marcus. I can stand losing Antoine, but if pressed, I might just give up Marcus too.

Last edited by wang4three : 12-07-2006 at 10:21 AM.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: