Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 01-28-2007, 11:15 PM   #1
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default The Difference Between LeBron And Kobe (NOT A Kobe Bashing Thread)

I was watching the double-header today and i noticed one key difference between Kobe and LeBron. Imagine an inferior player is guarding both (which is the case 99% of the time).

Kobe says: "This guy can't check me" and busts a jumper in the guy's face or drives on him.

LeBron says: "This guy can't check me...oh wait look Eric is wide open"

I mean i love the fact that LeBron trusts his teammates and all, but the problem is he trusts them when he SHOULDN'T.

Kobe has that leader's instinct to take over a game when he needs to, but LeBron, who is damn near unstoppable when he drives to the basket, insists on trying to get his teammates involved. He NEEDS to start taking over games by himself, especially when his teammates won't, but he wants to be the good guy and help everyone else. LeBron is a great player and I'd never TRADE him for Kobe, but i really do wish he was as aggressive and had Kobe's killer instinct.

Thoughts?
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:52 PM   #2
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation
Default Re: The Difference Between LeBron And Kobe (NOT A Kobe Bashing Thread)

yeah

I feel you on that.

LeBron has the pass first type mentality and I think he'll always be like that. It's certainly not a bad thing but can be when you dont have someone to consistently compliment him, which is the case now.

They almost got mike redd and ray allen before. Could anyone imagine what their record would be right now with lebron kicking it to either of them two?
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:08 PM   #3
Kemosabe
High School Varsity 6th Man

Kemosabe has decent reputation

The Lebron mentality isnt wrong but he necesarly needs to have a good supporting cast alongside him, wich unfortunately he hasnt...
Kemosabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:48 AM   #4
thegamefritz
I airball my layups

thegamefritz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I was watching the double-header today and i noticed one key difference between Kobe and LeBron. Imagine an inferior player is guarding both (which is the case 99% of the time).

Kobe says: "This guy can't check me" and busts a jumper in the guy's face or drives on him.

LeBron says: "This guy can't check me...oh wait look Eric is wide open"

I mean i love the fact that LeBron trusts his teammates and all, but the problem is he trusts them when he SHOULDN'T.

Kobe has that leader's instinct to take over a game when he needs to, but LeBron, who is damn near unstoppable when he drives to the basket, insists on trying to get his teammates involved. He NEEDS to start taking over games by himself, especially when his teammates won't, but he wants to be the good guy and help everyone else. LeBron is a great player and I'd never TRADE him for Kobe, but i really do wish he was as aggressive and had Kobe's killer instinct.

Thoughts?

Your thoughts are a bit crazy...

The difference between LeBron James and Kobe is beyond measurable, and if you try to measure it, it would probably from here on erath to the planet pluto..

I mean the Hell you were right with the pass first instinct of LeBron, his unselfishness and It's a positive side for him but it ain't even a negative or bad side if like Kobe's instinct that will carry his team and take over the game.. as what you said, LeBron's poor judgement on his teammates ability
is his down side but there are a lot of things that LeBron needs to do before he can be compared to superstar players in the past and now in present.

There are many differences between LeBron James and other great players now not specifically just Kobe, but the rest, just like Wade, Nash, Nowitzki, Duncan, Garnett is that:

1st LeBron Does not have the killer option, that when he sees an oppurtunity, he'll have an instinct to go for the kill..Lebron Lacks that instinct.

Secondly he has not proven his worth in clutch and crucial situation, he might have done a few crucial plays like in the playoffs last year against the wizards but it is not yet enough, those crucial plays were nearly a drive to the basket or an inside play.. what happens when he faces a though defensive oriented teams like Detroit, Spurs, Mavs, Miami, and even Lakers with Phil jackson.. or teams with established defenses already? can he squeeze himself and still have an easy drive to the basket just like against the defense of the wizards? he was lucky it was just wizards? in this situation, Carmelo have surpasses him..I'll go for Melo than LeBron in crucial plays..

thirdly.. his range.. his outside. perimeter, beyond the arc shots..
he has good range but nor great.. he is an average shooter.. superstars have superb shooting skills.. if you look at the outside shots of LeBron it is awkward looking shot with no grace or what so ever.. he needs to improve his range.. superstars like Dirk, Nash, Kobe Duncan, Wade have great range and reliable outside shots but not all of them had their great touch already, some of them strive a lot to improved their range.. Duncan Did not instantly posses a reliable shots, so with wade, he has great medium range but his 3's were questionable but he improve his 3 point range alot as year after year..

fourthly, LeBron is a team player but he is more of an antidote to Nash.. because Nash is a great example of a team player, making his teammates better around him.. the teammates of Nash is just like the teammates of LeBron excluding maybe Marion and Amare, but those Raja Bell, Diaw, Thomas were not as effective as they are if without Nash.. While LeBron on the other hand, unselfish, team player and all but look what is happening to the cavs right now.. almost all of his teammates average are down.. From Z, to Marshall, Snow, Gooden and even Jones.. every year his teammates average are sort of going down except for Gooden maybe but now Gooden's average is way down..so how can he be called a teamplayer if that's the case.. he is a pass first player and he frquently pass the ball to his teammates but the problem is he doesn't create situation or plays that would be conducive and would benefit his teammates.. a perfect example of a superstar that creates for himself and for his teammates is Dirk, he does not need to fire 20 plus field goal a ball game, he does not need to have the ball always.. he creates a situation even if it is not that graceful like Kobe, or Wade's move but it is still effective and his teammates can also benefits on that because he has high FG % and score 20 points despite having less attempts therefore his teammates has an equal oppurtunity to do their thing also..

fifth LeBron James entered the NBA with so much HYPED.. he is not an overrated player because he really can play, but the over HYPED made a very high expectations out of him..
Wade did not have the hyped as much as LeBron but look at now, Wade Got a ring..

LeBron is a great defender and have great stuffs posses in him but he needs to improve on some li'l things that might be taken for granted..
thegamefritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:08 PM   #5
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamefritz
Your thoughts are a bit crazy...

The difference between LeBron James and Kobe is beyond measurable, and if you try to measure it, it would probably from here on erath to the planet pluto..

I mean the Hell you were right with the pass first instinct of LeBron, his unselfishness and It's a positive side for him but it ain't even a negative or bad side if like Kobe's instinct that will carry his team and take over the game.. as what you said, LeBron's poor judgement on his teammates ability
is his down side but there are a lot of things that LeBron needs to do before he can be compared to superstar players in the past and now in present.

There are many differences between LeBron James and other great players now not specifically just Kobe, but the rest, just like Wade, Nash, Nowitzki, Duncan, Garnett is that:

1st LeBron Does not have the killer option, that when he sees an oppurtunity, he'll have an instinct to go for the kill..Lebron Lacks that instinct.

Secondly he has not proven his worth in clutch and crucial situation, he might have done a few crucial plays like in the playoffs last year against the wizards but it is not yet enough, those crucial plays were nearly a drive to the basket or an inside play.. what happens when he faces a though defensive oriented teams like Detroit, Spurs, Mavs, Miami, and even Lakers with Phil jackson.. or teams with established defenses already? can he squeeze himself and still have an easy drive to the basket just like against the defense of the wizards? he was lucky it was just wizards? in this situation, Carmelo have surpasses him..I'll go for Melo than LeBron in crucial plays..

thirdly.. his range.. his outside. perimeter, beyond the arc shots..
he has good range but nor great.. he is an average shooter.. superstars have superb shooting skills.. if you look at the outside shots of LeBron it is awkward looking shot with no grace or what so ever.. he needs to improve his range.. superstars like Dirk, Nash, Kobe Duncan, Wade have great range and reliable outside shots but not all of them had their great touch already, some of them strive a lot to improved their range.. Duncan Did not instantly posses a reliable shots, so with wade, he has great medium range but his 3's were questionable but he improve his 3 point range alot as year after year..

fourthly, LeBron is a team player but he is more of an antidote to Nash.. because Nash is a great example of a team player, making his teammates better around him.. the teammates of Nash is just like the teammates of LeBron excluding maybe Marion and Amare, but those Raja Bell, Diaw, Thomas were not as effective as they are if without Nash.. While LeBron on the other hand, unselfish, team player and all but look what is happening to the cavs right now.. almost all of his teammates average are down.. From Z, to Marshall, Snow, Gooden and even Jones.. every year his teammates average are sort of going down except for Gooden maybe but now Gooden's average is way down..so how can he be called a teamplayer if that's the case.. he is a pass first player and he frquently pass the ball to his teammates but the problem is he doesn't create situation or plays that would be conducive and would benefit his teammates.. a perfect example of a superstar that creates for himself and for his teammates is Dirk, he does not need to fire 20 plus field goal a ball game, he does not need to have the ball always.. he creates a situation even if it is not that graceful like Kobe, or Wade's move but it is still effective and his teammates can also benefits on that because he has high FG % and score 20 points despite having less attempts therefore his teammates has an equal oppurtunity to do their thing also..

fifth LeBron James entered the NBA with so much HYPED.. he is not an overrated player because he really can play, but the over HYPED made a very high expectations out of him..
Wade did not have the hyped as much as LeBron but look at now, Wade Got a ring..

LeBron is a great defender and have great stuffs posses in him but he needs to improve on some li'l things that might be taken for granted..

That was one of the most incoherent thing's ive ever read (tried to read.)

At one point of your rambling speech you say "Lebron is a great defender and have great stuffs posses in him"

Please tell me what your trying to stay there.

To whom this may concern
-Quizzy
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:45 PM   #6
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Lol LeBron is a great defender... WOw I am the biggest LeBron fan ever. I've given him a hi five and stuff but comeon now a GREAT defender. PSH Hes mediocre at best. But it has certainly been improving this season.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: