Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-11-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default NFL season countdown/expectations

my favorite team is the BUCS!

they were 4-12 last year...this year, jon gruden is under tremendous pressure and the bucs strength of schedule is only like .437

they drafted gaines adams, after deciding NOT to trade for calvin johnson , and signed cato june from indy to fill shelton quarles position.

i dont expect a super bowl title, but i'm hoping for tampa to battle for a playoff position throughout the entire season...

MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:57 PM   #2
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NFL season countdown/expectations

WHO DEY!

I expect better out of the Bengals this year. 10-6 at the very least and a playoff win or 2. We got rid of some of the dead weight on defense (Sam Adams, Tory James, etc), David Pollack is expected to return, and I look forward to seeing how our new rookie CB does. Offensively, we have the best WR duo in the game and one of the top 5 QBs in Carson Palmer. Marvin Lewis is under a lot of pressure due to the dropoff last season and the team's off-the-field problems, but for the reasons I mentioned, I expect a turnaround
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

the bengals are my fav team out of the AFC, i have an authentic CJ jersey...its my fav jersey out of my football jerseys.

they were indeed a huge disappointment last season and i expect them to bounce back as well...they have a much easier sked this season than last year, so that should help too.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:20 PM   #4
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Unfortunately, I don't expect Denver to make Playoffs again. I hate Jay Cutler with a passion and he is just not a winner. Dre Bly and Champ Bailey make the hands down best corner duo in the League but our pass rush is too weak and I don't think the rookies will solve it in their first year. Losing Al Wilson is a big hit as well.

Broncos have a pretty tough schedule too. Chagers and Chiefs twice, Indianapolis, Chicago, Pittsburgh, and Tennessee. It's going to be an interesting season.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:25 PM   #5
dgbigballer9329
Great young streetballer

dgbigballer9329 has an OK reputation so far

Hmmm, I like Cutler.

I expect 6-10 and hope the God I'm pleasantly surprised. We addressed our lack of a 2nd safety (Vernon Fox and Archuleta didn't do the job) in the draft but we still can't rush the passer. We couldn't stop the run either, near the bottom of the league in both categories, and I don't know if Landry can be expected to do that much. We do have Fred Smoot back, which may be a good thing, but he wasn't that good last year with Minnesota from what I hear.

I love what Jason Campbell did last year and he looks like a poised QB. We need to stretch the field more this year. And honeslty I want to see Randel-El as the 2nd receiver at all times - f*ck a Brandon Lloyd. Portis should be back strong and even if he weren't, Betts showed he can fill in admirably. Bottom line, Saunders needs to open it up -- way too many conservative wide-receiver screen type plays in the offense last year. Santana wasn't allowed to be Santana.

We have the potential to be good but I'm gonna be cautiously pessimistic.
dgbigballer9329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:27 PM   #6
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My Titants will back track a little I think. Hopefully VY doesn't get killed out there with our skill position situation right now.

6-10 at worst and a repeat at 8-8 at best.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:55 PM   #7
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

i feel sorry for vince young...i dont like UT, but i admire young for what he did in the rose bowl and how amazing he was as a rookie carrying his team, i was going crazy when he took off in OT on that 50 something yard TD run, and i'm not even a Titans fan...

but he lost EVERYONE during the offseason...who's he gonna throw to? who's he gonna hand the ball off to???

good luck vince
Old 07-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #8
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Who's ur favorite player???

i'm gonna assume that the majority of the people here are either gonna say LT or vick...vick's a punk who's had too many shots...i'm tired of people sayin each offseason that this is gonna be the year that mike vick improves his passing game, theyve said it for 5 straight offseasons, and its old...ATL was dumb for trading schaub IMO
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: