Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Banned

Default Re: Can Someone Explain to me the Enes Kanter Situation?

Quote Originally Posted by ukfan22
    Yup, Derrick Rose sure did screw up.
    JCal knew about it.

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Pearl gave Tatum that gun

See how easy that is?

He has never been accused of any kind of recruiting violations.
    So what!

He coached at UMass, left, and his Final Four appearance was vacated due to recruiting violations.

He coached at Memphis, left, and his Final Four appearance was vacated due to recruiting violations.

That's not hard evidence, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that at the very least, there's something VERY shady about the way the guy recruits and/or the players he recruits.

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    So what!

He coached at UMass, left, and his Final Four appearance was vacated due to recruiting violations.

He coached at Memphis, left, and his Final Four appearance was vacated due to recruiting violations.

That's not hard evidence, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that at the very least, there's something VERY shady about the way the guy recruits and/or the players he recruits.
    Those are not recruiting violations, neither case has anything to do with recruiting. Camby and Rose made poor decisions (although nothing has been proven in the Rose case) that led to them being ruled retroactively ineligible. The NCAA ruled in both cases that Calipari was not involved, in fact it was Cal himself who turned in Camby. It's unfortunate those seasons were wiped away (especially the Memphis one), but there is simply NO evidence to suggest he was invovled.

Corey Maggette admitted under oath that he received cash payments in high school. He was a member of Duke's 1999 Final Four team. The great and shining Coach K should have a vacated Final Four on his record. Is K dirty?

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

Yes, that Duke Final Four should have been vacated. That doesn't change anything John Calipari has done. He's a crook. Quit lying to yourself and deal with it. Stop this "nothing has been proven!" bullshit. We're not in a court of law, we're in the court of common sense. No one with any common sense can deny that John Calipari is a serial cheater.

It's like a competition of who's the bigger homer in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    It's like a competition of who's the bigger homer in here.
    Damn SEC fans. I thought it was only their football fans who were delusional homers.

Banned

Pearl gave Tatum that gun

See how easy that is?

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

I think we can all agree that both Calipari and Pearl are lying, cheating scum.

Learning to shoot layups parkespapa's Avatar

As to the whole deal with the NCAA vacating the UofM's 2007-08 season, the NCAA offered absolutely no proof that Derrick Rose did not pass the SAT on his own. They only think that he didn't. When the school appealed their decision to vacate the season, the NCAA threatened to pass down tougher santions based solely on their desire to appeal. The UofM had to take them to court to just to gain the right of appeal without the threat of those tougher sanctions. On appeal, the NCAA still offered no proof that Derrick Rose had not passed the test on his own. I repeat, no proof whatsoever. This final dispostion cane after the NCAA clearinghouse had ruled Rose eligible not just once, but twice during the fall of 2007.

Btw, Darrell Arthur of the national champion Jayhawks never graduated high school, but because the University of Kansas had received false transcripts from his high school were not held responsible for letting him play.

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    I think we can all agree that both Calipari and Pearl are lying, cheating scum.
    As an Illini fan, you should definately have much more hatred for Pearl than Calipari. Tell me why.

Damn SEC fans. I thought it was only their football fans who were delusional homers.
    And why are SEC football fans delusional homers???

Quote Originally Posted by parkespapa
    And why are SEC football fans delusional homers???
    From my experience, most SEC fan bases have more than their share of delusional homers. I've had 20+ years of firsthand experience with one SEC fanbase, and haven't found most others to be any different.

From my experience, most SEC fan bases have more than their share of delusional homers. I've had 20+ years of firsthand experience with one SEC fanbase, and haven't found most others to be any different.
    I won't argue that some SEC football fans are delusional homers, but what fans aren't? At least SEC football fans are fans of the best conference in cfb.