Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Mike Woodson is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The problem is King sold Prokorov on these guys and traded their drafts till 2018. If you flip them already to make a team that's also easy to see it's not a contender, he might get fired. I don't see the Celtic fire sale happening.
    Maybe.
    Gay is still a high level scorer. And Johnson will start to decline next year.
    Thornton is young and athletic. Pierce is old and getting older.
    Fredette - who knows. He might be out of the league next year, but it's worth a flyer for the Nets to add a young piece to the rotation. It worked with Blatche.

this from purch from another thread. it sums up pretty much everything that's wrong with woodson from an unbiased non-knick fan perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Purch
    Even though I'm a Jazz fan, my college gets Msg on it's tv's, so I get plenty of chances to watch the knicks, including last night.

If I had to compile a list of my biggest issues with Woody it would be this.

1. He has an unexplainable trust of Jr smith in every situation, even when he's contributing nothing. Take for instance last night , they needed defensive stops down the strech, yet they had Jr on the court rather than Iman their best defender. Also, in their previous game they were horrid shooting the ball, but Tim Hardaway came in an provided a spark, and they went on a run. Woodsen decided at that point it was smart to take him out for Jr.

2. His defense of the pick and roll annoys me as a basketball fan. His strategy is to have his team switch every single pick and roll. When you employ such a predictable defensive scheme, its easy for the offense to get a mismatch on nearly every possesion. The extreme of this can really be seen when they played the Spurs, because the Spurs really exposed all their defensive issues.

3. His offense. I remember I was telling knicks fans not to get to comfortable with Woodsen as a coach, because he's an average coach at best. The reason I used to say that was because I remembered how Iso orientated his Atlanta teams always were, and how quickly that got exposed in the playoffs. Honestly when I see this Knicks team without Kidd, I basically see his old Atlanta team centered around Melo and Jr, rather than Joe Johnson and Crawford.

4. I also get the sense that everyone on that team is on a shorter leash than Melo, Felton and Jr, who in all honesty, have gotten away with Murder in some of the games I've watched.
    the last point is very disturbing.

bump!

they won 54 games last year and i was already ranting about switching back then.

i told y'all!

Banned

Can't blame him soely, just look at what he has to deal with...

JR Smith, Melo, Amare...that'll give any coach a good long headache.

Quote Originally Posted by GoranDragon
    Can't blame him soely, just look at what he has to deal with...

JR Smith, Melo, Amare...that'll give any coach a good long headache.
    amar'e has been a bright spot.
    as for the other two, sure, they're knuckleheads but there's an easy solution to get to them: sit their asses down. melo leads the league in minutes, jr gets away with murder and felton... omg!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    amar'e has been a bright spot.
    as for the other two, sure, they're knuckleheads but there's an easy solution to get to them: sit their asses down. melo leads the league in minutes, jr gets away with murder and felton... omg!
    Melo just would not try and fit himself into a system. It's all ISO ball for him, same problem with Joe Johnson. If he's on, he's gonna go crazy, but an off night often means a loss for the Knicks.

just listening to woodson's interview on steven a smith.

...well again, at the end of the day, he's still a dumbass and that's the bottom line.

so with bargnani out, we see what happens.

play small, woodson. melo might be the best 4 in the game.