Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Am i the only irish peron on ISH?

I have irish roots...but I dont live in Ireland...

Although I think Ive seen quite a few people whose locations are Ireland, so Im sure you are not alone!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 20 Dimes A Game
    Well yes obviously. There's no comparison
    England has Winston Churchill, David Bowie and John Lennon

Ireland has Eamon de Valera, Bono and Shane MacGowan

and dude above me, I consider bombing tubes and city squares cowardly.

IRA Chief-of-Staff Richard Mulcahy bemoaned the fact that they had not been able to drive the British "out of anything bigger than a fairly good size police barracks
    to be fair to Ireland, Baileys is alright, and Pogues are a great band

dont know/dont care, but why is it always irish and italian people in america who brag about their nationality. they act like it makes them cooler to flaunt either their italian or their irish heritage, but really nobody else thinks its cool, just gay.
    Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    truf It's quite annoying here in NYC... all these fake Italians that don't even know the language and have never even been there.
    Hey look at me, my great-grandmother's roommate's nephew immigrated here from Ireland so I love Dropkick Murphy's and Flogging Molly!! I'm so ****ing Irish!! If you're born in America, you're an American. If you're born in Ireland, you're Irish. That's how it works. Maybe if you're a first generation immigrant you can claim something, but if not, STFU.
    Thank you!

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by starface
    dont know/dont care, but why is it always irish and italian people in america who brag about their nationality. they act like it makes them cooler to flaunt either their italian or their irish heritage, but really nobody else thinks its cool, just gay.
    So friggin' true.

Lived in a town where approximately 64-75% possessed the sangre of de Ireland or of the boot. Ireland is literally a joke in respect to the rest of the world, and few people carry on Italy's glorious Roman days or the ways of the Sicilian. Lay off.. let the Slavic folks, the Arabians, the Africans, Haitans (gangsta revolt), the Asians hit you up with a little bit of braggery.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    So friggin' true.

Lived in a town where approximately 64-75% possessed the sangre of de Ireland or of the boot. Ireland is literally a joke in respect to the rest of the world, and few people carry on Italy's glorious Roman days or the ways of the Sicilian. Lay off.. let the Slavic folks, the Arabians, the Africans, Haitans (gangsta revolt), the Asians hit you up with a little bit of braggery.
    I'd take Italy over these cultures (Africa really is a huge generalization) most any day. Italy has contributed much more to the world's culture via its artists, and their food is better. Arabic culture, if we include the Muslim Empires of old have a lot ot be proud about, and so do Asians (both types, South and East).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

So friggin' true.

Welcome back J$

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by vapid
    I'd take Italy over these cultures (Africa really is a huge generalization) most any day. Italy has contributed much more to the world's culture via its artists, and their food is better. Arabic culture, if we include the Muslim Empires of old have a lot ot be proud about, and so do Asians (both types, South and East).
    I dig your overall historical perspective, but the basis of my reference I'm referring to are the d!ckwads known as Guidos who tear apart their Italian "culture." I live around CT and visit Long Island, NJ real often, so you can say my frustration is a skewer like a Kabob.

I dig your overall historical perspective, but the basis of my reference I'm referring to are the d!ckwads known as Guidos who tear apart their Italian "culture." I live around CT and visit Long Island, NJ real often, so you can say my frustration is a skewer like a Kabob.
    Yea, I know what you're talking about. This can be said about most ___-americans. Asian-americans who don't know anything about their culture but who talk about it a lot also annoy me.

Lets GO PENS!

I'm 1/4 scottish irish...

So friggin' true.

Ireland is actually one of the richer EU countries, probably in the top 5. Get you facts straight homie!

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Ireland is actually one of the richer EU countries, probably in the top 5. Get you facts straight homie!
    "It'sss not about the money, it's about senddingg a message!"

Banned

Yea, I know what you're talking about. This can be said about most ___-americans. Asian-americans who don't know anything about their culture but who talk about it a lot also annoy me.
    Asian Americans goddamn they are good for Azn Pride, talking about starcraft all day, and on the b-ball court they are always crazy ass allen iverson types who ball everyone up despite being tiny, well ok you're right they do deserve to brag

on the seventh day the good lord crouched over england, and what came out resulted in the vile island of ireland.

Brought Britain to their knees? When did that happen?
    When the British could not defeat a country with a fraction of the resources and population as themselves. This set a precedent for the complete dismantling of the British empime before the end of the century.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan
    When the British could not defeat a country with a fraction of the resources and population as themselves. This set a precedent for the complete dismantling of the British empime before the end of the century.
    I don't know if you're talking about some type of battle with Ireland or losing the Revolutionary War.