Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-24-2010, 02:52 AM   #1
evilmonkey
Banned

Default Cain Velasquez = Will be GOAT HW

I am telling you.... have watched UFC since day 1 and have to say i have never seen this kindof a good heavyweight ever there. Its just his mix of strength, technique, endurance, heart and IQ that is something of the charts.

He just exposed every single weakness of Brock Lesnar and everybody else he faced...

I had my doubts, but now im completely sure about it... Cain WILL remain unbeaten for the rest of his career. You heard it here first... i guarantee you that, bump this thread back up if you want when he loses his first time just laugh at me (probably in 30 or so years).

Right now, i cant see anybody standing in his way in UFC.... not even in the world. I can see only one man called Fedor Emilianenko maybe with luck pull out a hail mary submission on him, maaaaybe.... but we all know that fight will never happen.... Fedor is afraid of the best competition... always was..
evilmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:16 AM   #2
crosso√er
National High School Star

Default Re: Cain Velasquez = Will be GOAT HW

Fedor won over thirty straight fights in his career, Cain hasn't even reached the double digit mark yet. Because he beat a one-dimensional fighter who could easily hold a 3-3 record in his MMA career after this loss, signifies to you that Cain will go undefeated in his career?

I hope Overeem and Fedor do sign with MMA, I'm tired of people like you praising fighters who are no where near as good as the UFC fan boys claim they are and especially tired of people like you discrediting legendary fighters like Fedor.

Guy was unbeaten in almost ten years until he got caught in a submission in a fight he could have ended in the first round if he wasn't so careless. Cain does not possess the skills you think he does and I seriously doubt his skill-set is good enough for him to go undefeated unless UFC's HW division remains obsolete.
crosso√er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 07:25 AM   #3
monkeypox
National High School Star

It was only a matter of time with Brock. He got caught by Mir, he almost got caught by Carwin and would have lost if Carwin was just a little smarter. I'm guessing as time goes on and the mistique of Lesnar wears off people will just gameplan him and he'll just be a name to get ticket sales. This is probably the best possible result for the UFC. Brock bringing in the meat-heads and showing that skill can dominate size and strength. He also gets the bonus of possibly having an in with the Latino crowd now that Huerta has left. Valasquez is way more relate-able than Huerta, who looked more like some surfer guy, even though Huerta had the much harder upbringing in Mexico.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #4
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmonkey
I had my doubts, but now im completely sure about it... Cain WILL remain unbeaten for the rest of his career. You heard it here first... i guarantee you that, bump this thread back up if you want when he loses his first time just laugh at me (probably in 30 or so years).
Beating Lesnar who looked like an unstoppable monster was certainly impressive. Maybe he'll be the greatest HW ever, but the biggest thing I've noticed about UFC is that it's a sport where no one goes "undefeated." The more a guy fights the more footage future opponents have to nitpick him apart and of course these fights also wear the fighter down physically. He may only have to fight two or three times a year but still, they take a lot of punishment. He's 28, so I give him a more realistic 6 years at the top, 7 if he's lucky, a period over which he still may lose one or two times. And that's barring major injury of course.

This isn't like the NBA where the Champ has to win 4 out of 7, or even a game where playing better over the course of the game guarantees you victory. MMA fights can be won or lost on one lucky punch or unlucky slip. So while Velasquez looks great, I wouldn't predict that level of dominance so easily.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #5
blondie
Da Mamba Lives 30/5/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Beating Lesnar who looked like an unstoppable monster was certainly impressive. Maybe he'll be the greatest HW ever, but the biggest thing I've noticed about UFC is that it's a sport where no one goes "undefeated." The more a guy fights the more footage future opponents have to nitpick him apart and of course these fights also wear the fighter down physically. He may only have to fight two or three times a year but still, they take a lot of punishment. He's 28, so I give him a more realistic 6 years at the top, 7 if he's lucky, a period over which he still may lose one or two times. And that's barring major injury of course.

This isn't like the NBA where the Champ has to win 4 out of 7, or even a game where playing better over the course of the game guarantees you victory. MMA fights can be won or lost on one lucky punch or unlucky slip. So while Velasquez looks great, I wouldn't predict that level of dominance so easily.

Why do you abuse your mod powers and delete every Manu Ginobili thread that pops up? What do you have against Manu and why do you feel a need to power trip on the internet?
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:24 AM   #6
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Hmm? What? This thread is about Cain Velasquez. What's this talk about "mod powers" or whatever?
Old 10-24-2010, 09:51 AM   #7
blondie
Da Mamba Lives 30/5/5

Quote:
Hmm? What? This thread is about Cain Velasquez. What's this talk about "mod powers" or whatever?
this talk is because you delete all manu threads and prop up shitty celtics threads and delete anti-celtic posts.

You are abusing your powers, sport
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #8
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

? This is a topic about Velazquez, please show the OP and concerned posters the appropriate respect and take your random musings elsewhere.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #9
heyhey
stay mad golden state

is this a joke. Alot of the top heavyweights in the world are not in the UFC. Cain beat a relatively inexperienced and overhyped lesnar, who's done what in mma exactly? but oh wait lesnar's got muscles so he must be the 'baddest man on earth'. And now Cain will be goat hw... Cain's not even best heavyweight currently, but he will be the best of ALL time.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:13 AM   #10
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhey
is this a joke. Alot of the top heavyweights in the world are not in the UFC. Cain beat a relatively inexperienced and overhyped lesnar, who's done what in mma exactly? but oh wait lesnar's got muscles so he must be the 'baddest man on earth'. And now Cain will be goat hw... Cain's not even best heavyweight currently, but he will be the best of ALL time.
He was the UFC Champion. That's "kind of" a big deal.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:18 AM   #11
heyhey
stay mad golden state

Quote:
He was the UFC Champion. That's "kind of" a big deal.

Let Lesnar fight, bigfoot, barnett, overeem, arlovski, fedor, werdum, sergei, etc before we tout him as the "baddest man on earth" please. UFC HW champ doesn't mean as much as their other divisions cause their HW division is thin. It's literally comprised of Mir, Lesnar, Cain, and Dos santos with some fillers thrown in.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:24 AM   #12
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

They don't have everyone but UFC is still the biggest ticket. It's just going to be tough to say who is the greatest because these guys don't seem to want to gravitate to one company. Just for example, Emalianenko was heavily pursued by UFC and just chose not to join. Being UFC Champ is as strong an argument as can be made.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #13
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

Give me Fedor any day of the week
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:13 PM   #14
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

This guy will be not only the greatest LHW, but the future greatest HW.

Jon Jones
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:11 PM   #15
Vragrant
Decent college freshman

Cain unbeaten for the rest of his career?

The guys who have long reigns as champs in MMA are few and far between. Only Fedor, Anderson Silva, and Faber come to mind and Faber is is good but not a transcendental type talent.

I won't be surprised if Cain is beaten in his next couple fights.

Oh, and Overeem would DESTROY Cain.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: