Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Nets send Terrence Williams to D-League!

T-Will is super talented, but he's reportedly been late to practice a lot, and the team's been sick of it, so they recently suspended him for two games, but just today they announced he's been assigned to the Nets D-League team.

I'm thinking this is just a way to get T-Will in line and scare him straight

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=6859
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #2
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Nets send Terrence Williams to D-League!

Wow.
Did not see this coming. T-Will is becoming more and more like the other Williams we drafted... This is not good.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 05:48 PM   #3
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
Wow.
Did not see this coming. T-Will is becoming more and more like the other Williams we drafted... This is not good.
What i was thinking
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:43 PM   #4
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

to me, there is a major difference between t-will and guys like CDR, etc:

when t-will screws up like the immature person that he still is, he winds up admitting his mistake and working hard to get back to helping the team.

and given his amazing ability- i, for one, say that we should bear with him and stop looking for the messiah. and stop being so quick and hypersensitive to judge.

honestly, i don't get how so many nets fans are so hard on him, and so quick to compare him to the other williams failures:

marcus williams was a hypochondriac who repeatedly pouted and went into a shell when he didn't get what he wanted (lebron james alert).

sean williams was one of the most immature, unruly, and frankly, stupid people that i've ever seen introduced to the NBA. despite his ability to be a nice, enthusiastic guy, most of the time.

t-will is miles beyond those knuckleheads, and yet you guys keep wanting to throw out the baby with the barfwater.

SMH...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:26 AM   #5
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
to me, there is a major difference between t-will and guys like CDR, etc:

when t-will screws up like the immature person that he still is, he winds up admitting his mistake and working hard to get back to helping the team.

and given his amazing ability- i, for one, say that we should bear with him and stop looking for the messiah. and stop being so quick and hypersensitive to judge.

honestly, i don't get how so many nets fans are so hard on him, and so quick to compare him to the other williams failures:

marcus williams was a hypochondriac who repeatedly pouted and went into a shell when he didn't get what he wanted (lebron james alert).

sean williams was one of the most immature, unruly, and frankly, stupid people that i've ever seen introduced to the NBA. despite his ability to be a nice, enthusiastic guy, most of the time.

t-will is miles beyond those knuckleheads, and yet you guys keep wanting to throw out the baby with the barfwater.

SMH...
I didnt really mean it like that. I meant it like how Sean was sent to the D-League after all the problems he had during the season. I am a huge fan of T-Will and I believe he is the reason why the Nets have only won 1 of the last 5 games. Not him, himself. Just the fact that he isnt getting playing time. The Nets desperately need someone who can create his own shot. T-Will is very good at that. T-Will needs to pick his head up and hurry past this situation. We NEED him!

Last edited by Nets fan 93 : 11-29-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #6
Blu
I brick open layups

Blu has decent reputationBlu has decent reputation

Players should not be late to practices. This is a career for them. Their job consists of the following:

1. Show up to practice on time;
2. Stay healthy and improve your game;
3. Show up to the games on time;
4. Play hard.

That doesn't sound too hard to me. Maybe he should actually try being on time?
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
I didnt really mean it like that. I meant it like how Sean was sent to the D-League after all the problems he had during the season. I am a huge fan of T-Will and I believe he is the reason why the Nets have only won 1 of the last 5 games. Not him, himself. Just the fact that he isnt getting playing time. The Nets desperately need someone who can create his own shot. T-Will is very good at that. T-Will needs to pick his head up and hurry passed this situation. We NEED him!
OIC- cool.

it's good to know some people still have faith in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu
...That doesn't sound too hard to me. Maybe he should actually try being on time?
i know, i know... but personally i try to remember that he's young, and he's one of those incredible athletes that's been made to feel like a god for so long that it tends to permanently mess with their heads.

i read an interesting article about d-wade recently, in which the writer pointed out the following:

Quote:
Athletes at the very top of sports have overcome too many opponents -- competition, upbringing, poverty, surroundings, trauma, odds -- to doubt their own ability. Their ability has allowed them to conquer too much, has rewarded them too many times in too many ways, to question it. Sports is too competitive an ecosystem, too literally survival-of-the-fittest. Doubt usually gets weeded out, vaccinated, made extinct, long before it can climb as high as the bejeweled place where the Wades of the world reside.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/2...p-his-end.html

i hadn't really thought of it that way before, but to me, that one paragraph explains so, sooooo much about why many NBA players act the way they do. and it seems to me that many of these players become permanently locked into that mindset, for obvious reasons.

but i still have faith in t-will, and actually, i think it's very good that this stuff is happening in his first two seasons right away.

i mean, twitter hasn't been around very long, but i don't think it's helped any player in the NBA grow up any faster. who knows? if jordan had had thousands of groupies on twitter like the current players, he might never have turned in to what he did.

but t-will seems to have that rare ability for pampered athletes to own up to his mistakes. so that's a really good sign, to me...
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: