Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: So Hannibal TV series is over and Mads Mikkelson completely shits on Anthony Hopkins

The praise should go to the editing, not the acting.

Default Re: So Hannibal TV series is over and Mads Mikkelson completely shits on Anthony Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Everyone knew that the show could be cancelled at any time, so the finale gives enough closure to be satisfying. In fact, as much as I want more Hannibal, I'm fine with the show ending the way it did. I don't think they'd be able to top this season, to be honest. It's not a Deadwood situation.
    So the third season is EVEN BETTER than the first two?! I finished the second a couple months ago and it's honestly in my top5 shows ever. Must...start....the finale!

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    That being said, I have only watched half way through s3 up to the end of the first story... Is the Red Dragon arc good guys?
    Yes, it's very good.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    The praise should go to the editing, not the acting.

Banned

Hopkins is better because he portrayed the character in around 3 hours and did it brilliantly.

Mads is given how many episodes now? Therefore, it feels like he is better but he has more time to develop the character.

If Mads was given the role for a 3 hour film....it would definitely suck.

it

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Hopkins is better because he portrayed the character in around 3 hours and did it brilliantly.

Mads is given how many episodes now? Therefore, it feels like he is better but he has more time to develop the character.

If Mads was given the role for a 3 hour film....it would definitely suck.
    Now I know why your basketball opinions are so bad. You just suck at reasoning in general.

Hopkins just made him seem like a raving lunatic. Total crazy person (and dangerous crazy).

Mads made him seem like simply a total psychopath. I think he was meant to be a psychopath and not just a nutter crazy, so therefore, I feel Mads' performance was better.

You got to ask though, can any other actor perform it just as good? I think not many could do what Hopkins did (or Heath as Joker) while many could do what Mads did just as well because in Mads case it's more directing and script than portrayal.

Mads Mikkelsen is a great actor, I suggest you watch The Hunt if you can find subtitles for it, terrific movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2106476/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    You got to ask though, can any other actor perform it just as good? I think not many could do what Hopkins did (or Heath as Joker) while many could do what Mads did just as well because in Mads case it's more directing and script than portrayal.
    It helps that Mads has a reptilian face.

Not done yet, just started watching again, near mid second season..

but remember when he drew that clock?!?!

then later again..

that was nice

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Eddie
    Can't believe it got cancelled.
    it's awful. and a show like twd's neilsen ratings are still high.

i feel like america actually robbed me of an incredible show. people should've been tuning in.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Mads Mikkelsen is a great actor, I suggest you watch The Hunt if you can find subtitles for it, terrific movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2106476/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    Such a great movie...

I have yet to watch Hannibal, but it's certainly on my list, mainly because of Mads.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    it's awful. and a show like twd's neilsen ratings are still high.

i feel like america actually robbed me of an incredible show. people should've been tuning in.
    Shit happens. i still can't get over Firefly

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    So the third season is EVEN BETTER than the first two?! I finished the second a couple months ago and it's honestly in my top5 shows ever. Must...start....the finale!
    The beginning of season 3 might throw you off a bit due to its tone and storyline. However by the end of the series, it definitely delivers and ends in a great way. My favorite finale still remains the one from season two. The final carnage scene was vividly visceral and epitomizes the excellence of Mads' Hannibal portrayal.