Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Dizzay
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Stoudemire is already best power forward

As has been said, both of them far outshine Amare in terms of rebounding and defense. That being said, while I admit Amare right now is a better offensive weapon than TD/KG... the gap is not that huge. Duncan and KG can still consistently drop 20 on you and create lots of opportunities on offense either trough passing or just with their presence. The gap on defense, however, IS wide. Amare is not in the same league as these two on D.

Amares problem was that he looked terrible on defense against any average center in the leauge. Look at Amare before and after the Shaq experiment though... points, assists and steals all increased because he was allowed to play his natural pf position. He has the speed to play decent defense, but chances are he just likes blocks and not good team defensive plays and this makes him look bad. Agreed though, its no contest.Timmy is easily better all around and KG is way better defensively then to merit the Best PF award to Stoudemire.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

i remember earlier in the season when bynum kept owning amare with common fundamental moves...and blocking like 5 of his shots

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

If Amare were the best PF then the Pheonix Suns would have won at least 2 championships by now.

The fact is that Amare doesn't impact the game on both ends like Duncan or KG. His defense and rebounding aren't on par with those at the top.

And while he is consistently better at offense, if I were to choose which forward I wanted to take in a Game 7, I still think both KG and Duncan can have more of an impact offensively for one game as well if you make them your go to option a la game one of the Suns-Spurs series this year. They're both proven "gamers."

Quote Originally Posted by bjtrdff
    The game goes 2 ways.
    cosign

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omarnyc
    well to be fair kg has a big advantage over amare in experience, 13 years to 5, so we cant really expect them to be on the same level right now, like i said im not saying amare is better i would just prefer to have him on my team. i think amare gets alotta flak for his defense and rebounding but he has been overpowered by bigger opponents his entire career and you got players like yao ming who's rebs are very close to amare's.playing for D'antoni hasnt helped him develope defensively, hopefully he will work on that and get better, and playing against pf's instead of centers is a plus.when you look at amare's career stats so far i think he stacks up well against any other c/pf.

21 pts...9 rebs
    playoffs career stats
    25 pts...10 rebs

kg career stats
    20 pts..11 rebs / playoffs 21pts..12 rebs

duncan
    21 pts...11 rebs / playoffs 20pts...11 rebs

yao
    19pts...9 rebs /playoffs 21 pts...8rebs
    Dirk
    22 pts...9 rebs/playoffs 25 pts...11 rebs

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisPaulIsPunk
    He is now already better than Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett, if u don't think so, u are ignorant
    Yah, I agree. Being better isn't about leading your team or winning. It's about who can dunk better.

Spurs 4 Championships > Amare 1.7 HS GPA

He is 3rd after Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki.

Dwight is considered a PF also. When Battie is healthy, Dwight moves to the PF spot. I dont know who I would rather have, both are amazing and still young. Amare bounced back form the injury, so you cant really use that as a determinate for picking form thsoe 2

Living Legend

There are only 4 upper echelon elite big men right now in the league.
    A pure back to the basket game is almost non existent in the league now so I class PF/C together.
    1. Tim Duncan
    2. Kevin Garnett
    3. Dwight Howard
    4. Amare Stoudemire

D12 is not better than Amare. No way man, not yet. Amare is unarguable one of the top big men in this league, but not the best. I'll put him in #3, seems about right, any lower and you need a reality check. One thing Amare has over kg and duncan is offense, Amare is like a beast, when unleashed he will go wild. For those of you comparing KG and Duncan to Amare in terms of titles, thats all BS. If you put Duncan or KG in the same spot as Amare, I guarantee you that Suns woulds till be title-less. It takes more than a bigman to win a title, Greg is a much better coach then D'antoni, and Spurs have a much deeper and better bench than the Suns, they have elite defenders, etc. You have to give Amare props, he's 6'10, and he played C for a while, going up against much bigger players than him.

Learning to shoot layups Da Hammer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisPaulIsPunk
    He is now already better than Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett, if u don't think so, u are ignorant
    lol noob. i love stoudamire but get back to me when he even learns to play D. Duncan and Garnett are 2 of the greatest defensive players in the history of the NBA without even mentioning their offensive skills. Amare has a LONG way to go to get to their level

Dunking on everybody in the park

4 1/2 years later KG and Duncan are still better than Amare.

Local High School Star

I spot a grammar mistake.