Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-23-2007, 01:09 PM   #1
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Default Flavoer of Love Charm School

Anybody check this show out yet, it is crazy, Some dirty stuff going on that show.
Sean77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
0ne50
Local High School Star

Default Re: Flavoer of Love Charm School

I'd like to do some dirty stuff to Bootz
0ne50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:35 PM   #3
JtotheIzzo
OOOHWEE Cleveland!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean77
Anybody check this show out yet, it is crazy, Some dirty stuff going on that show.

this show is more damaging to the black movement than anything Don Imus could ever utter
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 02:08 PM   #4
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
this show is more damaging to the black movement than anything Don Imus could ever utter

Not just the black movement 'cuz there's white girls on the show, they mess it up for women period. At first I was like, how's Monique going to teach anybody how to be a lady? Then I thought about it, you need somebody the girls respect, in case they get irate they'll still know who they're talking to. But then again, how's New York going to come in and school them on how to act?

Some of the girls on there are actually trying to change their life around like Sapphyri, you could tell she was ashamed that she had to leave as soon as she got there because who was in a fight. But other girls like Brooke(Pumkin) ain't trying to change. Then you got Hottie, after what she did to Heather she's the dirtiest of them all, even Monique was saying it. Too bad she was picked to go with the Bachelor, she needs to go.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:24 PM   #5
0ne50
Local High School Star

Quote:
Not just the black movement 'cuz there's white girls on the show, they mess it up for women period. At first I was like, how's Monique going to teach anybody how to be a lady? Then I thought about it, you need somebody the girls respect, in case they get irate they'll still know who they're talking to. But then again, how's New York going to come in and school them on how to act?

Some of the girls on there are actually trying to change their life around like Sapphyri, you could tell she was ashamed that she had to leave as soon as she got there because who was in a fight. But other girls like Brooke(Pumkin) ain't trying to change. Then you got Hottie, after what she did to Heather she's the dirtiest of them all, even Monique was saying it. Too bad she was picked to go with the Bachelor, she needs to go.
I beg to differ. Girls should have a show where they can act a fool and nobody judge them for it.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:06 AM   #6
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

i got to start watching this show, now that i love new york is over
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:08 AM   #7
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Default Re: Flavor of Love Charm School

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ne50
I beg to differ. Girls should have a show where they can act a fool and nobody judge them for it.

This isn't about judging, its more about self-respect and growing up. You can't expect anyone to respect you as a woman or man if you don't care enough to respect yourself. This is the problem with many females out there, they want respect but don't carry themselves with respect. And that whole thing of acting a fool all the time, that gets old and you'll eventually wondering what have you been about all your life. People don't think about that when they're young, they think they can straighten up when they get older. But if we learned anything from the Va Tech shooting, we should learn that we may not get to that point where we get older, so make something out of your life now.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:35 AM   #8
0ne50
Local High School Star

Quote:
This isn't about judging, its more about self-respect and growing up. You can't expect anyone to respect you as a woman or man if you don't care enough to respect yourself. This is the problem with many females out there, they want respect but don't carry themselves with respect. And that whole thing of acting a fool all the time, that gets old and you'll eventually wondering what have you been about all your life. People don't think about that when they're young, they think they can straighten up when they get older. But if we learned anything from the Va Tech shooting, we should learn that we may not get to that point where we get older, so make something out of your life now.
The only way I could take serious what you wrote; I would first have to believe that you are a perfect person. You would'nt get on TV and act a fool for entertainment purposes?

What would be the whole purpose of calling the show Charm School if these where some high class debutants?
Old 04-24-2007, 01:04 PM   #9
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Quote:
The only way I could take serious what you wrote; I would first have to believe that you are a perfect person. You would'nt get on TV and act a fool for entertainment purposes?

What would be the whole purpose of calling the show Charm School if these where some high class debutants?
Again, this is about having self-respect, not about being perfect, it's about growing up.. Back in the day when I was high school, maybe I would have doen something like that, but when I became an adult, it came time for me to put those childish ways behind me. Like Monique told that one girl Bootz, they need to grow up, hopefully they will one day.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:14 PM   #10
hateraid
Is it in you?

Proof reality shows still work. Anybody can get a job.
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:29 PM   #11
0ne50
Local High School Star

Quote:
Again, this is about having self-respect, not about being perfect, it's about growing up.. Back in the day when I was high school, maybe I would have doen something like that, but when I became an adult, it came time for me to put those childish ways behind me. Like Monique told that one girl Bootz, they need to grow up, hopefully they will one day.
That's where you are wrong. People change when they want to change. And if you know anything about females is that the last thing you want to do is try to change a female.

This is a TV show. It's not about a change for the better. It's all about entertainment. It's all about money too. It's about opportunities. What's the difference between any of these chicks and some of those A-list celebrities out there? Notoriety and wealth is all. Julia Roberts is as catty as any of those females on the show.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:14 PM   #12
Sean77
High School JV MVP

Quote:
That's where you are wrong. People change when they want to change. And if you know anything about females is that the last thing you want to do is try to change a female.

This is a TV show. It's not about a change for the better. It's all about entertainment. It's all about money too. It's about opportunities. What's the difference between any of these chicks and some of those A-list celebrities out there? Notoriety and wealth is all. Julia Roberts is as catty as any of those females on the show.

True, people change when they want to change, but until they change they shouldn't expect people to change how they treat them. Like I've been saying if you respect yourself no one else will respect you. So like you said, it's up to them to change.

Yeah this is a TV show, but it's also symbolic of some real things in society, whether it's high society or not. The Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy casts and many other TV shows are just as tripped out as Flavor of Love girls, so they don't get a pass. It's all about thier priorities, you don't see all that craziness on Run's House and it could easily be as rowdy.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: