Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Knicks will not match offer

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    Why is it Lin's fault that the Knicks allowed him to taste free agency?

How stupid can the Knicks front office be not to think teams will want a piece of "Linsanity"?
    If you are not going to address the specific point i made then feel free not to respond to my post. I'm not going to engage in generalities.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    Why is it Lin's fault that the Knicks allowed him to taste free agency?

How stupid can the Knicks front office be not to think teams will want a piece of "Linsanity"?
    They had to let him go find his market value. They got mad when he went and tried to find it for the second time.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Yes MSG is ****ing themselves over - they really want him but are racist.

Are you ****ing stupid?

it's obvious that melo chased dantoni out of town.

with melo calling the shots, he calls lin's contract ridiculous, and jr smith backs him up on twitter.

sh*t ain't right

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    I saw Mel gibsons the passion dude
    Mel Gibson is an anti-Semitic ****. Jesus was a Jew for ****s sake he may have been a rabbi even. You know nothing.

Anyone thinking Lin wants 100% to come back and progressed to make that happen is being a bit naive. AGain, this is not a criticism nor me saying the Garden did not misplay this totally. But Lin as the saintly figure who wanted nothing more than to be in NY forever, really?

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I totally agree with you. Houston probably promised him more time on the ball for Linsanity and he ate it up. I don't think he wants to attempt to fit his talents around Melo and Amare.
    Individually, he's better off with the Rockets. But Houston barely has a roster, and if it doesn't improve Lin's attraction might just die there.

The Rockets now have to make a run for the playoffs for Lin to have the same amount of fan interests. The Chinese fans will always support him but they won't be watching or care if he's not in the playoffs or battling for the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    lol @ anyone blaming Lin
    He wanted to get as much money as he can. He'll get it but in Houston.

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

"The Knicks are not expected to announce their decision until this evening, and there is still a chance — albeit incredibly small — that it could be reversed. But as of 4 p.m. the decision had been made and was considered final by those with knowledge of the deliberations. Indeed, the deliberations were said to be over."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/18/sp...heet.html?_r=2

Banned

I don't think it's necessarily over yet but if so NY will lose a lot of fans to the Nets because this will disgruntle them.

I really don't care if Lin becomes a Knick or a Rocket but I still don't think it's over yet. It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Lin is just maximizing his self worth. I truly believe he wanted to be a Knick, but who is not going to try to get as much $$ as possible? Esp for a guy like Lin, who may or may not pan out as a good player it the league. His value is at all time high, he may not get another big contract. Knicks will suffer with this lose. I think Lin will be a solid starting pg. And I think Felton wont be the Felton he was in NY bc of no Dantoni.

Banned

it's the knicks why are we acting like this is news cmon now

Blaming Lin is not a fair phrase. It's not "blame". He may have legitimately not wanted to be here. You can blame the garden for not wanting to match the offer, or for talking to much, etc. but the gigantic offer came from Lin going back to Houston and asking for more money. The offer was signed by Lin.

We can make a list of things the Knicks did to misplay this, but they very publicly said they wanted Lin back and a day later, he made it ten times harder for them to do so.

He does get some credit, no?

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I totally agree with you. Houston probably promised him more time on the ball for Linsanity and he ate it up. I don't think he wants to attempt to fit his talents around Melo and Amare.
    mchale is a pg driven offense with lots of pick and decisions. It will fit him well. Woodson is an iso coach.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Lin is just maximizing his self worth. I truly believe he wanted to be a Knick, but who is not going to try to get as much $$ as possible? Esp for a guy like Lin, who may or may not pan out as a good player it the league. His value is at all time high, he may not get another big contract. Knicks will suffer with this lose. I think Lin will be a solid starting pg. And I think Felton wont be the Felton he was in NY bc of no Dantoni.
    Don't forget, Felton played with Amare, Gallo, Wilson Chandler and Fields. Not the current roster that's led by Marshmelo.

NBA sixth man of the year

Houston Rockets just offered a billion dollar contract.

Ballin'.