with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Default Re: HOFers And Coaches Believe Lebron IS Better Than Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by wakencdukest
    Is he good? Can the heat get him?
    Lol, HEAT fans in a nutshell.

"Montell Jordan for the min?!"

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: HOFers and Coaches believe Lebron is better than Jordan

Pippen, and Oscar see themselves in LeBron. Both good at all, master of none, beta, stat stuffers.
    Thats almost as bad as the first post.

There is absolutely NO reason to say Kobe is better than Jordan. He is essentially a worse version of Jordan in every aspect (skillset and accolades) except 3 point shooting. No amount of excuses can overcome that.

With LeBron you can at least say that because he's a different player, he's a better playmaker and rebounder. But you can do that with any all time great big or Magic or Bird or whoever. Not that there's necessarily a great case, but they have different qualities. There's really nothing for Kobe because they're similar types of players.

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    There is absolutely NO reason to say Kobe is better than Jordan. He is essentially a worse version of Jordan in every aspect (skillset and accolades) except 3 point shooting. No amount of excuses can overcome that.

With LeBron you can at least say that because he's a different player, he's a better playmaker and rebounder. But you can do that with any all time great big or Magic or Bird or whoever. Not that there's necessarily a great case, but they have different qualities. There's really nothing for Kobe because they're similar types of players.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Thats almost as bad as the first post.
    I'm just giving him a taste of his own medicine, I thought it was obvious. Anyway, this is what you mods have let ISH become ...

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Pippen, and Oscar see themselves in LeBron. Both good at all, master of none, beta, stat stuffers.

In Oscar's case, a career loser who always had a spiteful inferiority complex in regards to Jordan during the 90's. Holds his disdain to this day.

Pippen's agenda is to prop himself up or his level of importance by using a player more similar to him, while simultaneously down grading Jordan.

He later reneged on his initial statement because he looked so damn foolish. Particularly after LeBron's horrendous showing in the 2011 Finals.

Alonzo Mourning has rooting interest in saying that considering he works for the Heat. Riley as well.

No one ever claimed LeBron wasn't near his level, either but no one of sound logic has ever said he's definitely better. There are countless people who still think Jordan's superior.
    Zo also had his run ins with MJ, Jordan basically called him an idiot and sonned him multiple times, certainly no love lost between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Zo also had his run ins with MJ, Jordan basically called him an idiot and sonned him multiple times, certainly no love lost between the two.
    When was this? I need more details of MJ ALPHA dogging someone else for entertainment purposes.

Banned

It's known that Scottie was jealous of Michael, there are so many HOFs and coaches that think MJ is the greatest ever, more than this list of a few people, some even suggest Kareem is the GOAT, but we don't all jump on that bandwagon because of it right???

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    When was this? I need more details of MJ ALPHA dogging someone else for entertainment purposes.
    NSIS, but during one of their Heat/Bulls playoffs series in the mid 90s, MJ called Zo a dumb basketball player and that you can get in his head and make him lose his cool with Rodman's antics. Something along the lines...search the Sports Illustrated archives.
    Last edited by TheMan; 02-23-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tragicbronson

idiot

Quote Originally Posted by tragicbronson
    When you compare basketball players you oftren talk about facts such as fg% ppg etc. Give me one thread or comparison on these forums or anywhere else without pure facts such as i mentioned earlier.
    Post Michael Jordan's career averages and playoffs stats, wins % and everything and say bran is better with a straight face
    Last edited by CelticBaller; 02-23-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Great college starter

Lebron is not better than Jordan. Easy as hell. Lebron is better than anyone else in history except for MJ/Shaq/Duncan/Bird/KAJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    If Scottie Pippen thinks so, then who the heck are any of us ISH posters to disagree with him. Dude knows more about Michael and Lebron than all of us combined.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...ory?id=6701584

"The comments that I made were basically giving LeBron some props as a player, not to dismantle any player like Michael," Pippen said after a youth camp session at the Bulls/Sox academy. "We all know that he's the greatest player that ever played the game.

"I think it was taken a little bit out of context. I felt like I was drawing more of a conclusion from the statistics more than the accolades."

That many huh?

Local High School Star

It's really not all that big a surprise that they'd say this. Jordan was basically a SG version of Chamberlain until he got the right coach, the right system, and the right players put around him.

You ask all the pre-Jordan superstars who ever played who they would have wanted to play with the most, Magic, Bird, Russell, Oscar would probably top the list. Duncan and Lebron are on that 2nd tier. Doubt any of the ATG bigs would choose Jordan as a teammate over any of the people I just listed.