Page 12 of 83 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262 ... LastLast

Default Re: official high school basketball thread

Quote Originally Posted by dwight20-20
    how is that one kid doing? the kid you said is one of the top ranked recruits in the 2011 class?

we lost again last night but we played better. I led the team with 14 points.. we have a game tomorrow and it SHOULD be an easy win if we play like we can play.
    Good on ya for leading your team. I know its not what you want to hear, but sometimes the losses are better then the wins early in the season just because they wake you up. Besides, better now then later in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy20
    Good on ya for leading your team. I know its not what you want to hear, but sometimes the losses are better then the wins early in the season just because they wake you up. Besides, better now then later in the season.
    thanks, our non-league schedule is kind of rough but its good because we will be prepared when we start playing league games. the other soph on our team had 13 last night and our jv has been playing really well so the future is looking promising.

Lets GO PENS!

Just lost to our rivals... ****ing bull**** team of mine would not hustle. Lazy mother ****ers!

bump.

we finally won tonight by 20.

I had my first double double of the season. i think i ended up with 13 rebounds.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Do they put your stats on Maxpreps? If so, some of you guys should be able to post your links to box scores and stats

Just named co-captain for my team today. Mostly its just because I work harder then everybody else on and off the court. I knew this was coming and im glad my buddy got the other captain spot, but im just hoping I can step up and be more of a vocal leader as opposed to my usual "lead by example" thing I do.

Well see how it works out... Game tomorrow. Last tough one before Christmas break. Lets see if I cant drop somebody on the court. Were ranked #1 in the 4a for the state and #2 overall. Its funny because we dominated the supposed #1 team in the state by 20 in a jamboree during preseason.

bump.

does anyone else give the refs that you have a lot nicknames?

lol like we have dodge ball ref(looks like gordon from dodge ball)
    and we have matt foley the motivational speaker(chris farley)

had my first two jv games first one i did good 10pts 10 ast. we shoulda won, up by 7 at half and lost by four. just lost all our intensity. then we played a team that was supposed to kill us and they did lol i had like 8 turns cuz they had this like 6 1 pg who was alot bigger stonger and quicker than me guarding me tight and the rest of the team just stood around and didnt try to get open but instead watch me so at one point he just pick pocketed me twice in a row it was bull**** but oh well have another game on tuesday that we have a shot to win

Local High School Star

I used to call all refs earl.

i had my second double double in a row in our game friday.

last two games: 12 pts, 13 rebounds and 12 points, 12 rebounds

im starting to rebound a lot better. Sometime i lose my intensity and i stop going for rebounds. like in the first game i had 9 in the first half and only had 4 in the second half and in the second game i had 7 in the first quarter and only ended up with 12. we play again tuesday and this team is reeally short but they pressure the hell out of you and our starting point guard is out. they are gonna be a lot faster than us but hopefully we can handle the pressure and turn into a half court game and take advantage of the mismatch inside.

our team is still in middle school, but we play against local C and JV teams, so does that qualify me for this thread?

I was perusing the local sports boards for basketball stuff and I was listed as one of the best 5 forwards/centers in the state.

Thats really funny, mostly because the 1 and 2 spots were held by my two teammates. I would put them ahead of myself personally, but I find it funny that they decided to throw me in as a 6th man being one of the best in the state over a few other teams starters who are pretty decent themselves.

Go fig

Edit: http://www.sportsboards.com/boards/r...?topicid=17382

Its nothing... doesnt even actually specifically name me (thank god, otherwise I wouldnt post it on ISH). one of these guys I know to be a teammate of mine and as far as I know the rest are just a bunch of guys with nothing better to do...
    Last edited by Fallguy20; 12-16-2008 at 01:35 AM.

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy20
    I was perusing the local sports boards for basketball stuff and I was listed as one of the best 5 forwards/centers in the state.

Thats really funny, mostly because the 1 and 2 spots were held by my two teammates. I would put them ahead of myself personally, but I find it funny that they decided to throw me in as a 6th man being one of the best in the state over a few other teams starters who are pretty decent themselves.

Go fig
    link?

wow JV lost by 39 to a team that we can def. as good as. we only have eight kids on the team, two of them don't care and one of them skips practice everyday then never plays, (and he still thinks hes going to nova lol) it was horrible nobody played ****ing defense im getting sick of this bullshat. I got pulled out for like a min. because i drove in and got hacked so bad but they didnt call it and i was laying of the baseline when they got the rebound and got a fastbreak lay up. My coach says to me "your sitting here now because as a PG your supposed to be back on D everytime, so i said coach i got knocked to the ground, and they got it out before i had time to recover and he said dont argue with me... WTF?! everything that goes wrong with our team he finds a way to make it my fault, really pisses me off

Well, like u know Im from Serbia and type of competition is much different than in US (we don't have high school teams). We play for our clubs, and there is few leagues (very complicated to explain to someone in US). So, i have a game in like 2 hours, most players on my team is 18 years old (me too), rest is little bit younger (17 or 16). Even tho this league has no age limit, I believe that not one player is older than 20-21, and team we play against today is as young as my team, so i should pretty much dominate.

The game is starting in 2 hours, I will report the score and my stats after the game...