Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-25-2008, 06:57 PM   #1
crounsa810
National High School Star

crounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default How's this?

This is how much everything is worth:

Player Stats
Points (PTS) 1 Blocks (BLK) 1
Steals (STL) 1 Assists (AST) 1
Rebounds (REB) 1 Ejections (EJ) -2
Turnovers (TO) -1 Double Doubles (DD) 3
Triple Doubles (TD) 5

My team looks like:
PG Baron
SG Wade
SF Hedo
PF Duncan
C Oden
G/F Roy
PF/ C Najera
Util Chris Douglas Roberts
Util JR Smith
Util Korver
Bench Marc Gasol
Bench Beno Udrih
Bench Anthony Carter
Bench Jason Maxiell
Bench Luis Scola

How's it look? Any suggestions?
crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How's this?

Honestly I don't know why you have players who will be coming off the bench in games as utility players when you have starters on your bench like Luis Scola, Marc Gasol and Beno Udrih.

Marc Gasol will get more blocks and rebounds than an undersized Edjuardo Najera almost every night just for the simple fact that Najera is coming off the bench and could play a lot of small forward which could force him to the perimeter and limit his rebound chances.

Beno Udrih should be a better lock for points than Chris Douglas-Roberts. Douglas-Roberts is a rookie and could be turnover and foul prone to open the season. He is also a big time shooter which means he'll get his points but you'll lose the assists. Douglas-Roberts is also coming off the bench behind a big minutes grabber in Vince Carter. Beno Udrih is going to be starting. There are no real scoring options behind John Salmons and Kevin Martin in Sacramento so Beno could have the green light and everyone knows his passing ability since his days in San Antonio.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:54 PM   #3
crounsa810
National High School Star

crounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected postercrounsa810 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
Honestly I don't know why you have players who will be coming off the bench in games as utility players when you have starters on your bench like Luis Scola, Marc Gasol and Beno Udrih.

Marc Gasol will get more blocks and rebounds than an undersized Edjuardo Najera almost every night just for the simple fact that Najera is coming off the bench and could play a lot of small forward which could force him to the perimeter and limit his rebound chances.

Beno Udrih should be a better lock for points than Chris Douglas-Roberts. Douglas-Roberts is a rookie and could be turnover and foul prone to open the season. He is also a big time shooter which means he'll get his points but you'll lose the assists. Douglas-Roberts is also coming off the bench behind a big minutes grabber in Vince Carter. Beno Udrih is going to be starting. There are no real scoring options behind John Salmons and Kevin Martin in Sacramento so Beno could have the green light and everyone knows his passing ability since his days in San Antonio.

Crap forgot to update what changes I made.
New roster looks like:
PG Baron
SG Wade
SF Hedo
PF Duncan
C Oden
G/F Roy
PF/ C Najera
Util Kyle Korver
Util JR Smith
Util Anthony Carter
Bench Chris Douglas-Roberts
Bench Beno Udrih
Bench Marc Gasol
Bench Jason Maxiell
Bench Luis Scola

I'm benching Udrih for now due to his hip. I'll see how that plays out before i move him off the bench. Moved Douglas Roberts because Carter is most likely to be a starter, and with AI and Melo, his assists should help. Gasol is on the bench because he is also a rookie, and i want to see how he plays first. Najera is staying in for the moment because I know what he brings to the table. Korver is also staying in because his threes can help with points. I really wish i could've gotten a better small forward, but Hedo will do for now i guess.
crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:07 PM   #4
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Having Najera there is bad
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:10 PM   #5
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Udrih needs to be in your util, same with Scola ..take out Najera and Anthony Carter...
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: