Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Default Re: Consensus #1 pick (according to ISH) finishes w/6 points 9 rebounds against Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    And ive always hated the idea that choosing not to sign to a team you dont want to play for anymore is a character issue.
    great point. it really bothers me when people take up this line of reasoning.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Consensus #1 pick (according to ISH) finishes w/6 points 9 rebounds against Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist <--------------- that's the guy i want @ #1
    Gilchrist has no chance to be #1

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    great point. it really bothers me when people take up this line of reasoning.
    Even when that wasn't the line of reasoning being used?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Gilchrist has no chance to be #1
    Good. I want him a little further down.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Good. I want him a little further down.
    Like around 8 or 9?

Even when that wasn't the line of reasoning being used?
    In general, that line of reasoning bothers me. My post wasn't accusing you...

How can you tell who is the high character kid between Anthony Davis and MGK?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    How can you tell who is the high character kid between Anthony Davis and MGK?
    Have you ever heard MGK speak?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GksjzD7-oUQ

Man its gonna get ugly on Draft Day.

The boy aint 100% there in the head.

I think he could play either spot. He is athletic enough and a good enough defender to stay with 2s and his offensive game will eventually be refined enough to fill that kind of role, imo. At 6-foot-7, he would be very difficult for 2s to deal with on the other side of the ball, because he has been working on his post play.

I think he is more naturally at 3 at this stage of the game, though, and his 7-foot wingspan makes up for any height problems on the next level. His raw athleticism and large frame would probably make him a SF at the start of his career.

He is a pretty damned versatile player, though. He isn't a 'tweener' that would have hard time finding his place, I don't think.... He is the kind of guy that could play multiple positions.
    I've been saying all season long in the College Hoops forum that MKG might be my favorite prospect this year. Yes, Anthony Davis and Andre Drummond have higher ceilings but I LOVE Gilchrist's game. I see him with Scottie Pippen type ability. I'm not saying he's the next Scottie Pippen or anything, but I think he's from the same ilk. I don't think he'll ever be a 20-25 ppg scorer in the league but he can be a solid 16-18/8/3/2/1 second option on a contender. He's a long and rangy SF/SG type that can defend multiple positions, can already get to the rim off the bounce, and has a high motor. Needs to become more consistent with his jumper but he just oozes so much potential IMO. Also, what's really opened my eyes to him is that he's come up big in some of Kentucky's biggest games this year.

vs. Kansas: 12 pts, 9 reb, 4 ast, 3 blk, 1 stl, 4/9 FG, 1/3 3P, 3/5 FT
    vs. UNC: 17 pts, 11 reb, 1 blk, 1 stl, 6/10 FG, 0/1 3P, 5/7 FT
    at Indiana: 18 pts, 9 reb, 2 stl, 1 blk, 9/12 FG
    vs. Louisville: 24 pts, 19 reb, 7/16 FG, 2/4 3P, 8/13 FT
    at Tennessee: 17 pts, 12 reb, 3 stl, 1 blk, 4/11 FG, 1/1 3P, 8/12 FT

That Louisville line is very impressive. Their game against UNC featured about 12-14 future NBA players and, on that day, Kidd-Gilchrist was the best player on the floor. He attacks the offensive glass relentlessly for a 6'7" SF, too, which I love.

Not saying I would take him over Drummond or Davis, but if I had the 3rd or 4th pick I'd have a very hard time passing him up. I even like how his game translates to the NBA (right now) slightly better than Harrison Barnes' game. As far as SF's go they're 1a and 1b in my mind, but I like MKG's NBA prospects a little more, and this is coming from a huge UNC fan.

I bet your dumbass is not watching Anthony Davis right now. Thread fail and future bump when Davis owns and you pretend you always liked him.

I bet your dumbass is not watching Anthony Davis right now. Thread fail and future bump when Davis owns and you pretend you always liked him.
    PB cant lose credibility, since he never had any

raep tiem

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    PB cant lose credibility, since he never had any
    Wow, harsh

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Have you ever heard MGK speak?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GksjzD7-oUQ

Man its gonna get ugly on Draft Day.

The boy aint 100% there in the head.
    Just looks like a guy who couldn't care less about the reporters. Never makes eye contact with the person holding the mic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Just looks like a guy who couldn't care less about the reporters. Never makes eye contact with the person holding the mic.
    I dont think its that. He's just not comfortable with speaking in public. You can see in other interviews he often stutters and is nervous even when he attempts to hide it. I bet he dropped classes after the syllabus said "oral presentations" to avoid them.

He's killing Florida by the way.

I dont think its that. He's just not comfortable with speaking in public. You can see in other interviews he often stutters and is nervous even when he attempts to hide it. I bet he dropped classes after the syllabus said "oral presentations" to avoid them.

He's killing Florida by the way.
    MKG

Michael (another name for Jesus). Kidd (we'll assume that extra 'd' is a typo). Gilchrist (gil = "promise", Christ = "the anointed one").

What we're looking at is the Messiah of Basketball.

Jesus, Child of the Promised and Anointed One.

We are not worthy.