Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Brandon Roy is back, and decent so far

5-9 from the field with 13pts, 4reb. It is preseason, and he apparently aint the same Roy he used to be, but at least it seems to me that he can still play in the league. Good pick by the T-wolves.

Default Re: Brandon Roy is back, and decent so far

So far, so good. We'll see as the season progresses. If he can at least be productive then thats a plus.

Saw a basketball once

Roy has looked pretty good. Just saw him blow past his defender and hit a nice looking pull up.

I hope dude can average at least 10-15ppg, his career has been so miserable thus far. For someone with his talent and working ethics, he deserves more than what he's got.

It's never going to be about talent with Roy. He's unlike a lot of other stars who have lost athleticism in that he didn't depend entirely on it. He's so highly skilled that he could play at 40 if his knees held up. The problem is durability. He is going to wear down.

I hope to catch every Wolves game I can. I really hope the best for Roy. I hope the Wolves make the playoffs.

I can see Roy being the glue guy. Skilled and talented, won't ever be THE Man but he'll be that valuable 3rd or 4th option, especially in the 4th quarter. I hope he exceeds my expectations as he's one of the more respectable guys in the league.

What was the specific reason about his knees on why he was retiring? Is it bone-on-bone or something?

I don't want to get too excited because I'm not confident his knee's will hold up all season, but he looked very good tonight. He also played off ball nearly the entire game and looked very good. Playing with Rubio shouldn't be a problem.

Off topic, but damn Alexey Shved can pass the ball.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    It's never going to be about talent with Roy. He's unlike a lot of other stars who have lost athleticism in that he didn't depend entirely on it. He's so highly skilled that he could play at 40 if his knees held up. The problem is durability. He is going to wear down.

I hope to catch every Wolves game I can. I really hope the best for Roy. I hope the Wolves make the playoffs.
    This. As painful as it would be to watch Roy and the Wolves succeed, there are just too many players I enjoy watching on that team to root against them.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    This. As painful as it would be to watch Roy and the Wolves succeed, there are just too many players I enjoy watching on that team to root against them.

It would be a very bittersweet thing I imagine for Blazers if Roy had a good season. I've always liked dude as a player and I love the Wolves with Rubio there, so hopefully he can get his shit together.

Oden coming back successfully with Miami would be a much harder pill to swallow I'd guess.

Quote Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
    It would be a very bittersweet thing I imagine for Blazers if Roy had a good season. I've always liked dude as a player and I love the Wolves with Rubio there, so hopefully he can get his shit together.

Oden coming back successfully with Miami would be a much harder pill to swallow I'd guess.
    Hold on a second, did Oden sign with Miami? I thought he was taking the year off.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

My favourite SG all-time. Wish he's in a Suns uniform now. but just glad he's back.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Hold on a second, did Oden sign with Miami? I thought he was taking the year off.

No just a rumour, sorry, should have clarified.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

I'll wait one month in before I evaluate Roy. He had some pretty good games in 2011 too. And he had many more awful ones.

Seriously want him to stay healthy though. Wolves will be looking at 2nd round, potentially WCF if he does.

To add on to what RoseCity said, it's not about talent with him. We know what he can produce when he's out there. It's actually a matter of his pain tolerance and how his body holds up. He had no cartilage in his knees and did the ever so famous Germany trip to get that plasma procedure. I'm not sure what exactly that procedure entails but Kobe, T-mac, and a bunch of pro athletes have done it and it seems to have worked for them so maybe he will be better if he takes it a little easy?