Page 87 of 91 FirstFirst ... 377784858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1357
    More like Matt Boner HB40TheNextStar's Avatar

Default Re: 2011/12 Observation Deck

Fair enough, zero is a hyperbole.

It's basically Nash v. LeBron 2006 in the college form. That's the way I see it as LeBron should have won the award.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

If only Draymond Green was a few inches taller. He'd be a fantastic prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    If only Draymond Green was a few inches taller. He'd be a fantastic prospect.
    That was a fun game to watch. Glad to see my spartans end the season with a bang. Not sure they are deserving of a one seed, but I will be happy with a one or two.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Frank Haith doesn't dress like Miami, Miami dresses like Frank Haith. Sweet chain coach.

Pitt is in the CBI for ****s sake.

What a disaster of a season.

Anyone going to make threads for each region of the tourney, or do you all plan to discuss it here?

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Pitt is in the CBI for ****s sake.

What a disaster of a season.
    From preseason top 10 to CBI. I'm actually kind of surprised Pitt accepted the invite.

Butler's "expressed interest," whatever that means, in replacing Temple in the Atlantic 10.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Butler's "expressed interest," whatever that means, in replacing Temple in the Atlantic 10.
    They've definitely earned moving to a better conference. It tells me they're thinking about the big picture and that includes them as a perennial power in the future. The next Gonzaga. Good for them. They'd eventually want to move to maybe the Big East or something depending on how far their program comes along.

Georgia Tech gave Glen Rice Jr the boot. He was a passenger in a car during a shooting incident, a guy in the car shot off a round out the window or something.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Georgia Tech gave Glen Rice Jr the boot. He was a passenger in a car during a shooting incident, a guy in the car shot off a round out the window or something.
    Amazing. Kid with all the advantages anyone could ask for and still can't keep himself out of idiotic situations.

Alex Oriakhi's transferring from UConn. Might be able to play immediately next year, something about if you transfer because of program violations and your eligibility'd expire before they're up you don't have to sit out.

Come to West Lafayette! Seriously, it'd be perfect. Clear starter, a one year scholarship opened up with Kelsey Barlow getting kicked off, big school, big conference. Hope Painter at least pursues it.

TJ McConnell transfering from Duquesne. Apparently he wants to play for a bigger school.

Strong indications that Barnes, Henson, and Marshall all three will declare for the draft.

UNC isn't going to be very good next year more than likely. We're talking 2009-2010 bad. I'd have more faith like it did in 2006 but that was the Tyler Hanbrough class and I'm 99.9% confident none of the 2012 recruits are the next Tyler Hansbrough. No McAdoo the frontcourt rotation is going to consist of an "extremely raw and not ready to be a major contributor" sophomore Desmond Hubert, another "extremely raw no offensive game at all" freshman Joel James, and a "would be best suited being eased into the college game as a third or fourth big off the bench but should be able to play more and more as the season goes on" freshman Brice Johnson.

Their 2012 class was supposed to be a "foundation" class of guys who stick around three or four years and turn into big time contributors by the time their juniors and seniors. There's not a single 5* in the class (which is rare for UNC) and I think Brice Johnson or Marcus Paige are the highest rated and I'm not sure either one of them are even top 20 prospects; meaning UNC doesn't have a 2012 recruit who is expected to come in and be an instant high impact player as a freshman. That would be fine because I think Roy has thought for a while now Marshall and McAdoo would still be here for the 2012-2013 season. But their not so next year is going to be interesting to say the least.

Not only did injuries completely derail and ruin what was suppose to be a national championship season but they also probably turned the 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 seasons into bigger rebuilding projects than originally planned. Hope Ole Roy can work his magic and bring in a few more 5* in the 2013 class to go along with the two already committed.
    Last edited by KG215; 03-28-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Marshall is going to declare? Wow. Alrighty then.

I wonder about Quincy Miller?

Quote Originally Posted by HB40TheNextStar
    I'm tired of the Davis talk. He's a great pro prospect and plays fantastic defense. Congrats. There is zero reason to choose him as NPOY over Thomas Robinson. Zero.
    Davis over Robinson unless you keep rewinding Robinsons sad story.