Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Default Re: The overwhelming splendor and excellence of the Bible cannot be disputed

Quote Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
    Hebrews 4:12
    For the word of God is quick
    Considering it took the Australian Aboriginals several thousand years before they heared it, I'll stop you right there.

Default Re: The overwhelming splendor and excellence of the Bible cannot be disputed

Quote Originally Posted by Jello
    You're a pretentious douche. Doesn't even have the decency to just stay out of the thread, let alone has to downgrade the value of a literary and historical work such as the bible to "obsolete fiction" Pretty unbelievable that he writes out these little gems of insight while having a google thesaurus on the other tab. Takes a lot of effort to impress your little forum friends, doesnt it? but wait; don't mistake my words as insults, it's just a very clear insight of your shitty self.
    Here we are in a thread about the "overwhelming splendor and excellence" of an obsolete fictional book, and you are gonna get all whacked out of shape when someone points out that this obsolete fictional book could actually still be useful for a couple things? You are the pretentious douche.

Hume>Kunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    Here we are in a thread about the "overwhelming splendor and excellence" of an obsolete fictional book, and you are gonna get all whacked out of shape when someone points out that this obsolete fictional book could actually still be useful for a couple things? You are the pretentious douche.
    Every university has the Bible as reading in their ancient history curriculum, a core humanities class that is required in nearly every university. It is also a core part of many people's beliefs.
    It doesn't surprise me that you think you can degrade something core to someone's belief system to shit and *** rags and then call it useful.
    If you think that's okay, then it's obvious you're a pretentious douche as well.

Too bad that the bible was plagiarized from no less than a dozen sources, in particular these other "Gods" who were before Jesus' time but are remarkably similar to what he is claimed to be...

Every university has the Bible as reading in their ancient history curriculum, a core humanities class that is required in nearly every university. It is also a core part of many people's beliefs.
    It doesn't surprise me that you think you can degrade something core to someone's belief system to shit and *** rags and then call it useful.
    If you think that's okay, then it's obvious you're a pretentious douche as well.
    The bible has had an impact on literature, and it is historically important. However overall it is trash. If it were written today it would be mocked to high heaven. And it isn't a core of peoples beliefs, people pick and choose the bits they like and disregard the bits they don't. Every philosophy filters down to the average person, but if we trashed buddha or socrates or descartes you probably wouldn't care.

John 14:6 - Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Hume>Kunt.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    The bible has had an impact on literature, and it is historically important. However overall it is trash. If it were written today it would be mocked to high heaven.
    That's a good reason to say overall, the Bible is trash. It would be mocked in 2012. Very good reasoning.
    And it isn't a core of peoples beliefs, people pick and choose the bits they like and disregard the bits they don't.
    The Bible is the most fundamental source of differences in beliefs so yes, it is the core of their beliefs. How does people picking and choosing bits to believe make the core source not the Bible?
    Every philosophy filters down to the average person, but if we trashed buddha or socrates or descartes you probably wouldn't care.
    Nice assumption.

dont really see your point about universities, as most universities read plenty of fiction books in addition to the bible. the illiad for example.

so melodramatic with all your crying about someone degrading your core beliefs as a c*um rag. if my beliefs were actually written down on paper somewhere I would be honored if you used it to wipe up some sex juice.

Hume>Kunt.

dont really see your point about universities, as most universities read plenty of fiction books in addition to the bible. the illiad for example.

so melodramatic with all your crying about someone degrading your core beliefs as a c*um rag. if my beliefs were actually written down on paper somewhere I would be honored if you used it to wipe up some sex juice.
    Yes, I know you're a douche. You don't have to make it clearer.

Yes, I know you're a douche. You don't have to make it clearer.

seems like you mad. maybe you should move some place where a larger percentage of the population actually gives a shit when their beloved holy books get disrespected......try the middle east or africa.

Hume>Kunt.

seems like you mad. maybe you should move some place where a larger percentage of the population actually gives a shit when their beloved holy books get disrespected......try the middle east or africa.
    Douche, please stahp it. Just stahp.

Douche, please stahp it. Just stahp.
    once again the fiction book loses against logic and fact

"please stop pointing out that my belief system based on a book about magic that makes no sense.... i cant handle the truth"

Also the "overwhelming splendor and excellence" of the bible can absolutely be disputed especially because of the numerous errors and contradictions that are in it, or do these errors in OP's opinion add to its greatness...

How does people picking and choosing bits to believe make the core source not the Bible?
    Because the overall process of picking and choosing is influenced by social and literary sources outside of the bible.