Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    I usually hit open layups e's Nikees's Avatar

Default Which player you base your game on?

I'm a point guard who's always looking to pass, and make the right play. I base my game on Steve Nash and Tony Parker.

I love Nash's ball handling ability, and im intrigued by Parker's speed and quickness, and his ability to score anytime he wants.

The only diffrence between me and Nash is that I don't shoot the way he does.

Default Re: Which player you base your game on?

Im a guard that likes shooting and slashing and passing probably comes last unless im in a bad condition. So i base my game on Kobe because of his moves like the turn around jumper and Manu Ginoblis quick slashing abilities

I don't know. I'm more of a defensive minded player and I'm usually assigned to guard the opposition's best perimeter player.

Most of my points come on fastbreaks, though I'll make the occasional open jumper in half-court game.

Anthony Randolph and Kevin Durant.

I try to play like Chris Paul because he is always in control of the game. He gets his team involved and he could drop 50 if he needs to. I also like how he gets to the basket.

Kobe... But I play almost exactly like Ron Artest. I prefer to get my teammates involved butI can also score one on one (my handles are kind of weak tho and can lose the ball like him sometimes) and am a good post player and rebounder. My post moves are like Kobe's tho...
    Last edited by Swaggin916; 11-21-2009 at 09:13 PM.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

I don't think that there's one single player I base my game on. Most players have extremes or something. They're so great at doing "x" but they can't do much of "y". Not saying I have no holes in my game. I have a lot, but then I'd rather take many dimensions of the game from various players rather than try to emulate or duplicate a single player's style.

people say i'm a combination of michael jordan, kobe bryant, isiah thomas, greg ostertag, larry bird, david thompson...

Quote Originally Posted by halffttime
    people say i'm a combination of michael jordan, kobe bryant, isiah thomas, greg ostertag, larry bird, david thompson...

One of those doesn't fit

I don't really base my game on one player. The ones that immediately come to mind are Tim Duncan and Shaq. Even then I don't really "study" them. I do however, always watch players with their back to the basket when I watch an NBA game.

I rule the local playground JG000's Avatar

Closest player right now for me is Stephen Curry.

I am your soldier!

I never really tried to imitate anyone's game... My shooting form was kind of modeled after Karl Malone's, weird enough.

I'd say I compare to Pierce/Turkoglu. Never the fastest/strongest, but I have a great mid range game, finish with contact, create my own shot. I'm also deadly from 3.

I don't like being the primary ball handler, because I feel like I need to pass all the time at PG... But I bring it up on occasion or if the PG is out.

I need to work on my ball handling A LOT now too. Over the summer my handles were well on point but I slacked off and can barely dribble now.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by MannyO
    I need to work on my ball handling A LOT now too. Over the summer my handles were well on point but I slacked off and can barely dribble now.
    Me too. Yesterday I went on a 2 1/4 mile walk, while dribbling and practicing my moves. My f*cking arms are killing me now. I haven't dribbled that much in a long ass time.

Iverson. I am a monster on the break. I am also pretty good with oops as well.