Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default The Finals really ruined lebron - i mean just before the finals...

Just before the Finals Lebron was being called the greatest the clutchest. everyone was losing their shit and their mothers at these games:

Lebron James 35 points against the boston celtics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOwCjHloLnI

especially at 2:16, when he was getting yelled at by the celtics bench aswell

or how about the very next game to seal the deal. the final 10 points? to kill off the celtics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lmEh1SGdT4

or how about the chicago series?

tied at 73 with 4 minutes to go, in game 2. what does lebron do? lose his shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDa7yHW5lNY

heat win by 10

every game lebron was amazing against chicago, however nothing was more unreal then his and dwayne wade busting a nut on chicago in game 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgLMI784M4E

the crowd chanting miami sucks, derrick rose getting MVP chants. an 18-3 run to finish the game

i know lebron played like shit in the finals. but really after these games, i thought he and his team would win it all this season. God knows what happened in his mind in the Dallas series, but lets be serious. Lebron still kicked ass, in the prior two series, and haters, u can't hate on these games.

Michael Jordan of ISH

Default Re: The Finals really ruined lebron - i mean just before the finals...

yet he still choked on the biggest stage in basketball

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    yet he still choked on the biggest stage in basketball
    never said he didn't. i know he did, but how can someone who did that ^^ just turn into a nothingman on the court.

vegasdude
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

He was definitely impressive before the biggest show. Lebron should just PLAY and stop TALKING. I like the guy as a basketball player minus the arrogance.

Yeah if he would have sealed the deal, that would have been one of the greatest postseason runs I have ever seen. This dude was killing people.

The good thing is that we know he has it in him to finish games. Hopefully he will come back next year with some new moves and be more assertive.

Banned

Kind of crazy how a professional ******* can choke as much as Lebrick does

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGlove
    Yeah if he would have sealed the deal, that would have been one of the greatest postseason runs I have ever seen. This dude was killing people.

The good thing is that we know he has it in him to finish games. Hopefully he will come back next year with some new moves and be more assertive.
    You can't be serious. Using just recent examples for non-championship playoff runs, his '09 run had he won would have been 10 times better. Kobe's '08 run up until the Game 4 of the '08 Finals was better as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    You can't be serious. Using just recent examples for non-championship playoff runs, his '09 run had he won would have been 10 times better. Kobe's '08 run up until the Game 4 of the '08 Finals was better as well.
    Kobe's in 08????

I dont even remember anything before the WCF's to be honest. Obviously 09 would have been better though but I am saying if he got it done like he was doing it before, that would have been amazing. Lebron was ripping hearts out and dominating.

Kobe's in 08????
    He was averaging 32/6/6 on 50% up to the Finals.

Obviously 09 would have been better though but I am saying if he got it done like he was doing it before, that would have been amazing. Lebron was ripping hearts out and dominating.
    I guess but I didn't think it was all that great of a run. He had some good games and closed out well but statistically(26/9/5) and just watching the game, LeBron wasn't dominating enough to have an all-time great playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by KenneBell
    He was averaging 32/6/6 on 50% up to the Finals.

I guess but I didn't think it was all that great of a run. He had some good games and closed out well but statistically(26/9/5) and just watching the game, LeBron wasn't dominating enough to have an all-time great playoff run.
    you are so right, my homer side is taking over. sorry for the exaggeration.

I'm rewatching Kobe's 08 postseason.......damn, poor nuggets. Kenyon Martin???? Were they serious??? This team was horrendous.
    Last edited by PowerGlove; 07-05-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Problem with Lebron is that when the opponents punch him in the mouth, he backs away and SHRINKS. He snowballs very well, when things are going great, he steps up to the occasion, but I feel he doesn't have that extra gear, that extra something that great players have when their backs are against the wall. I really think the Game 2 Dallas run shattered his confidence.

Banned

when the hell did 26 PPG on 45 % shooting and no gamewinners become dominating?

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    Problem with Lebron is that when the opponents punch him in the mouth, he backs away and SHRINKS. He snowballs very well, when things are going great, he steps up to the occasion, but I feel he doesn't have that extra gear, that extra something that great players have when their backs are against the wall. I really think the Game 2 Dallas run shattered his confidence.
    You just ignored game 5 against the Bulls? Game 4 against the C's?

Decent playground baller

He started stepping up as soon as Wade hit big shots in the game. Especially that four-point play Wade got.

It's safe to call Lebron a front runner.

Like I said, the Bulls were basically a beaten team by then. I'm not talking about clutch situations. He's a clutch guy WHEN the series is going their way. But really, when has Lebron ever won when his team was facing adversity? Like down 2 games or so? Closest I can think of is Detroit, but they were a tired team ready to be picked off. Orlando, he played great, but that was the exception than the rule, and they still lost anyway.