Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
       

Default Re: 2014 Australian Open of Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    ... Drank a fifth of vodka... dare me to make it to the Australian Open Final?
    holy shit. then you wake up feeling like a bag of assholes the next day. never again.

... I love the class of tennis. I feel at home when I'm watching these fine gentlemen play and give respectable interviews.

Nice change of pace from thuggish basketball.
    exactly.

   

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Wow that post just made me worry quickly. I never had a flesh wound, damn. I'm insecure about this match now :/ Rafa might lose
    yea... when i played a lot, i used to get chronic blisters on my hand and feet. adding layers / tape didn't seem to help. it almost felt better just to rip the skin off, douse it with rubbing alcohol, scream in to my arm for a minute, and then go back to playing.

but given today's hi-tech world, i'd be amazed if there isn't some good solution now. i wonder if the rules allow local anesthesia...?

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    yea... when i played a lot, i used to get chronic blisters on my hand and feet. adding layers / tape didn't seem to help. it almost felt better just to rip the skin off, douse it with rubbing alcohol, scream in to my arm for a minute, and then go back to playing.

but given today's hi-tech world, i'd be amazed if there isn't some good solution now. i wonder if the rules allow local anesthesia...?
    Please, please, ANYTHING!! Rafa

For real I don't want this match to be screwed up because of something like that. The two of them battling it out at their current full strength would be all I'm hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    I prefer Nadal over Federer but man, I hope Wawrinka can somehow pull out a win and break up this Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, Murray stranglehold on slams. Apart from del Potro's USO win a few years ago, it's been 9 years since someone else has won. I grew up playing tennis and am a big fan but the lack of parity of players who make the semis/finals has dampened my interest in slams. Sure, these guys play some all time epics but it's almost a a given who 3 out of the 4 semifinalists are going to be as soon as the tourney starts.

Don't get me wrong, I have a world of respect for Nadal and Fed but I miss the days of surprise slam winners like Safin, Gaudio, and Goran (one of my all time favorites ).
    Remember that EPIC SF between Federer and Safin at the AO, 2005 I think?

Only Grand Slam Roger didn't win from 2004-2007 outside of the French...

i really doubt rafa does anything to numb the feeling in his hand. he needs the feel to make precision shots every moment. his dominant game is predicated on the fact that he makes very little unforced errors.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Remember that EPIC SF between Federer and Safin at the AO, 2005 I think?

Only Grand Slam Roger didn't win from 2004-2007 outside of the French...
    That was insane. Safin was such a beast, too bad he was a headcase and decided to retire so early. One of the most naturally gifted players of all time. Berdych is like a poor man's Safin.

Fed vs Nadal upcoming. I'll probably make it through the 1st set... have to be up early. If Fed doesn't take the 1st set I don't like his chances anyways.

Anddddd now, the moment we've all been waiting for.... from this corner, ah **** it.

Federer and Rafa gettin' readyy yooo.

Damn I sometimes feel for the women in tennis lol, they aren't nearly as celebrated, they already knew everybody wanted to see the upcoming match, she even said it in the winners interview.

Then again double simply is <<<< one on one.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Fed vs Nadal upcoming. I'll probably make it through the 1st set... have to be up early. If Fed doesn't take the 1st set I don't like his chances anyways.
    Oh, that sucks. Here it's 9.43 in the morning so yay

Decent playground baller dilley's Avatar

lets go rafa you sexy son of a bitch

dang first few points have been tense.

And I'm not sure Fed can come to net like he did against Murray (60+ times). That's playing with fire against a returner like Nadal.

   

well, you sexy sons of bitches will have to look after the match. it's super-late here, and i need to go dream about cute girls jumping over fences.

just make it epic, mkay?

well, you sexy sons of bitches will have to look after the match. it's super-late here, and i need to go dream about cute girls jumping over fences.

just make it epic, mkay?
    Wimp.

This strategy is smoke and mirrors. You're not going to be able to run around for forehands and charge the net all night against Nadal.