Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 3 on 3: Larry Bird, Lebron, Bill Russell vs. Jordan, Kareem and Kobe

Who do you think wins???

Last edited by Lebron23; 02-18-2015 at 07:29 PM.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: 3 on 3: Larry Bird, Bill Russell vs. Jordan, Kareem and Kobe

Stupid thread. Youve got the number1 2 and 3 guy all time on 1 team

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Default Re: 3 on 3: Larry Bird, Lebron, Bill Russell vs. Jordan, Kareem and Kobe

Who's the third player on Bird and Russell's team?

Local High School Star KirbyPls's Avatar

Default Re: 3 on 3: Larry Bird, Lebron, Bill Russell vs. Jordan, Kareem and Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyPls
    Nice edit.

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyPls

LeBron aka the best player in the 2010's.

Default Re: 3 on 3: Larry Bird, Bill Russell vs. Jordan, Kareem and Kobe

It's close but I'd take the Jordan/Kareem/Kobe team. All 3 of those guys are surreal offensive weapons, which is something you need in 3 on 3...Lebron and Bird are, but Russell is just not in any of these guys' leagues offensively. If it was someone like Hakeem or Shaq I'd definitely reconsider.

Kobe/MJ and Bird/LBJ are a wash imo

But Kareem shits on Bill. Bill was never known as a scorer so he's useless in this type of game, KAJ aka the dude with the most points in NBA history is the x factor.

Decent playground baller

Bird is the only dude that would be able to produce on offense effectively for that team

lebron would get picked and turn the ball over consistently if either kobe or jordan locked them up in a half court 3 on 3

Banned

I think team one will have more chemistry so I give them a slight edge.

I'll take the team with the guy who has 11 rings. He just won, period. It's not like he is carrying scrubs either.

Quote Originally Posted by zoom17
    I think team one will have more chemistry so I give them a slight edge.
    Lebron, Bird and Bill are the Ultimate Team Players. Team A via landslide. Kobe and Jordan doesn't fit together. Kobe needs to accept his role being a sidekick again.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Well whose guarding Jordan? He'd torch Bird or LeBron.. you'd almost have to put LeBron on him by default though since he's better man defender than Bird.. which leaves Bird to guard Kobe.. which he could not do at all.

Vice versa Kobe or nj could much easier guard their guys than the other way around since they are elite man to man defenders.. Kareem could also help off Bill more than Bill could help off Kareem since KAJ is one of the greatest scorers ever while Russel is not.

Bird LeBron and Russell are team players.. all their strengths are about elevating a team.. so the smaller the squad the less impact they can have. The further you shrink from 5v5 to 3v3 to 2v2 etc the less elevating they can do and the more it becomes a 1 on 1 thing.. and mj Kobe and kaj are three of the most dominant individual scorers ever. So logically this probably wouldn't be too close.

If you gave both teams two role players and made it 5v5 it'd be an actual contest

NBA Superstar

My only issue here is who is Bird gonna guard? Obviously neither Michael nor Kobe could guard him but I don't see his team making many stops. Plus you just have way too much firepower with those three guys.

Now, if you were to keep those three the same and then add two more randoms for a 5-on-5 game it might be a little more interesting. Still would take MJs team.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by AirBourne92
    Bird is the only dude that would be able to produce on offense effectively for that team

lebron would get picked and turn the ball over consistently if either kobe or jordan locked them up in a half court 3 on 3
    Agreed actually. In a game where ISO is going to be valued over decision making and passing, Lebron could more easily be neutralized. Which is why I still think if the game was 5v5 his strengths could be more utilized and the game would be closer.

I got the team with three GOATS; 1A Jordan, 1B Kareem, and 2. Kobe.