Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: LeBron James Officially Surpasses Michael Jordan and Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    This is one of the scenarios where playing in that weak east doesn't help him

K

NBA Superstar

Default Re: LeBron James Officially Surpasses Michael Jordan and Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot

K
    What's your point here? Think you might be trying to hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    So Roundball Rock makes excuses for Bron's horrible 2007 finals because they were outmatched but uses MJ's losses to the Celtics against him when the Bulls were even more outmatched than the Cavs were and MJ actually played WELL.
    That's because he's not a Bulls fan, he's just another biased LeStan

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    Do you understand how seeding works? I don't fault MJ for his play in the sweep. I fault him for his team going 40-42 and finishing 8th, thereby drawing the 1st seed. You are the "clear GOAT" and it takes you four years to get above 0.500 (the only top 10 AT player who took that long--the rest were in the conference finals at least by that point)? Guys like KAJ, Bird, LeBron from high school, Russell, Wilt, Shaq joined lousy teams and instantly turned them around.
    Let's just take that argument and say MJ leads those awful Bulls (c'mon, cokehead Woolridge was their second best player, lol) to a better seed at 50-32 and the face the Celtics in the Semis or even Conference Finals, that Bulls team is still gonna get smoked?

You always love blaming MJ for not leading Chicago to a higher seed to avoid Boston but no matter how you slice it, those Celtics were way way way better than Chicago. The Celtics were loaded with HOFers, the Bulls had not even an All Star player outside of MJ

Those 85 and 86 Bulls were gonna get crushed by the 85 and 86 Celtics not matter if they met in the first, second or third round so stop with this dumbass argument. The road to the Finals went through Boston in those years (ask Atlanta and Detroit) no matter how you slice and dice it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    This. Those of us who watched the Bulls in the 90's will have picked up on it. He doesn't seem to have actually watched anything. Just box score reading and pontificating on here. He's anything but a Bulls fan. Don't let the avy fool you.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Typical of MJ stans: they have trouble with their arguments so they resort to (bizarre) character attacks.

1) What benefit would I derive from "faking" being a Bulls fan? Everyone already knows where I stand on MJ. It does not confer any aura of objectivity towards MJ on my part. I am known to be anti-MJ--at least for 90% of my time on ISH.

2) Was I a fake Bulls fan when I was pro-MJ when I first joined ISH? I even posted a few pro-MJ threads.

3) If I am a fake Bulls fan and a closet LeBron stan why did you MJ stans spend three years calling me a fake Bulls fan who was a closet Kobe stan?

4) If I am a fake Bulls fan and a closet LeBron stan why did I hate LeBron from 2010-2012 subsequent to "The Decision"?

5) If I am a fake Bulls fan who is a closet LeBron stan but used to be a closet Kobe stan who did I root for before Lebron and Kobe played? It is obvious I was a fan during the 90's--look at my choice of screen name. So who did I root for long before Kobe and LeBron were even known? The Sixers, my home team? LA? You guys for years swore I was a closet LAL fan--even as I clashed with LAL fans on Amare vs. Bynum. A Cavs fan? A Heat fan?

6) If I am a fake Bulls fan whose used to be a closet Kobe stan but is now a closet LeBron stan why did many of you think I was Fatal9, who many MJ stans also accused of being a closet Kobe stan?

Or maybe just a Bulls fan, but MJ stans would have trouble grasping that because few MJ stans are Bulls fans post-1998 (TheMan, you are an exception of course). Why do I consistently defend Rose? Why do I watch most Bulls games with League Pass? I don't see many MJ stans in those Bulls game threads. Do you?

This is a ridiculous theory. This is a basketball message board. This is not Soviet spying. There is no need for such an elaborate ruse.

I am an extreme manifestation but there are other Pippen fans here who resent the MJ hype. Maybe it is unfair to MJ to hold him having hands down the worst fan base in sports against him. Regarding LeBron, I was favorable to him on ISH from 2009-2010, hated him after "The Decision" from 2010-2012 (ask Lebron23) and have been pro-LeBron since then. He is one of my favorite players but not my favorite player. My posting history exists on the internet and in ISH's archive and all that I have said can easily be confirmed. I don't need a ruse nor do I need alts.

TheMan, I look forward to your responses to my questions. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Roundball_Rock; 02-18-2015 at 01:22 PM.

TheMan??

Banned

If he ends up as the leading all star game scorer I'll have no choice but to put him top 3 all time

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    TheMan??
    TheMan?