Page 12 of 153 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262112 ... LastLast

lute had nothing to do with all the media coverage of the death of his wife...the man was going through a horrible time and while he does whine alot(so do you today) him whining is tottaly seperate from his wifes death...i dont think he used her death to help him in any way

and im not defending lute because while he is a great coach he seems stubborn and not very fun to be around(but alot of people have their problems) but if you read his book you will see his undying love for bobbi

and you can complain about that game and ill complain about the 2005 game where az got hacked in the closing minutes...oh well they shouldnt have been in that position

ANYWAYS good luck on your season...ill be rooting for you so are rpi will go up and maybe we can play again in the tourney...az illinois games are sure entertaining

Decent college freshman TheGame414's Avatar

lute had nothing to do with all the media coverage of the death of his wife
    I'd say he had a great deal of influence over it.

If you watch the '05 game again, the refs pretty much let things go the whole way, not just during the comeback. There were only 28 fouls called the entire game, and 18 of those were on Illinois. Kinda hard for an Arizona fan to make much of a case that the officiating cost them that one.

The whole game was called loosely. Just in the final minutes alone, Dee should've gotten an and-one on his layup, and either Shakur or Dee should've been called for a foul on the loose ball that went out of bounds on our baseline.

The only really bad missed call I'd complain about if I was an Arizona fan was Jack Ingram's moving screen on Deron's game-tying three in regulation.

And I'm not really complaining about the calls in the '01 game; we had an extremely physical team that got away with stuff that wouldn't be allowed anywhere except the Big Ten. It was simply, like today, the disparity in the number of calls that pissed me off. The game was extremely physical both ways, but Lute bullied the refs in Coach K fashion.

Like I said, the only three times in my life that I place primary blame on the officiating is Illinois/Michigan in football in 2000, Illinois/Washington in the 2nd round of the 2006 tourney, and the Illinois/Arizona game today. It was brutally bad.
    Last edited by TheGame414; 12-03-2006 at 04:10 AM.

yah i think with their physical play they will sometimes benefit from it but other times get screwed

you guys should be fine this season and from the look of your recruits in seasons to come

I think we'll be fine as well, I just can't wait for Randle and Jamar to be back and healthy.

In the meantime, maybe these injuries will turn out to be a blessing in disguise, because otherwise Calvin Brock and Warren Carter may have never stepped up.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    yah i think with their physical play they will sometimes benefit from it but other times get screwed

you guys should be fine this season and from the look of your recruits in seasons to come
    Our recruits are OK at best. Our best player coming in is McCamey, and while he is good, he's no eric gordon or derrick rose.

wow did not know gordan committed to inidana....my mistake

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

God damn. I had to leave to a birthday dinner after halftime when we were up, and then came home to this ****. The restaurant we were at had no one inside, I assumed cause of the game but got a call from a friend that we lost and it was just a horribly officiated game. Tough loss, it just doesn't seem right to me..Illinois is usually great out of the half, but if the reffing was bad then perhaps I understand. The Washington-Illinois game last year also bothered the hell out of me and if it was like that, then ****.

Weber's sideline emotion always led me to wonder if he's going to get called for it. He looks like D'Antoni on the sideline when a slightly bad call is made. I guess he paid for it today? I'm not sure.

Either way, tough loss... We should win the next games till Big Ten play starts...Looking forward to January 6th...

Interview a while back with Jereme Richmond.

Jereme Richmond, the number one player in the class of 2010 in the state of Illinois, has just verbally commited to play for the University of Illinois. Richmond is 6'6 and can play any position on the floor. He is most affective playing on the perimeter, and has a great outside shot, but he can also hit the block and post up. He is a stellar rebounder, shotblocker, and defender. He goes to North Shore Country day high school an plays for coach Dan Powers. He has no real weakness to his game, and he is also a very smart kid who gets good grades and has a high basketball I.Q.

He broke out on to the national radar last summer playing for the Rising Stars Yellow team, but Illinois HS Baskebtall has been watching this special talent for the last 4 years. He has been dominating high school caliber oponents since he was in grammar school, and his skills are rapidly improving. He has the potential to be a top player in the nation before he is even a sophomore. Here's Illinois HS Basketball.com's exclusive interview...

Dan P: What's the scoop on your commit to the University of Illinois?

J. Rich: Last night Coach Weber came to North Shore Country Day to see me play, and he offered me a scholarship. Me and my family talked it over last night, and this morning i decided to make it official.

Dan P: What do you like most about the University of Illinois?

J.Rich: The atmosphere. When i visited U of I, the atmosphere there was just amazing

Dan P: How is your relationship with coach Weber?

J.Rich: So far so good. Everytime we meet we have a great conversation and we really click. I am really looking foward to playing for him.

Dan P: What do you most look foward to for the next four years?

J.Rich: Having fun. Now I know that I don't have to worry myself with the pressure of who's in the crowd, and what scouts are watching me play. I can just play my game, try to help my team win, and have fun.

Dan P: Other then basketball, what was the biggest factor in your decision?

J.Rich: Just being able to be a kid. I didn't want to be hounded by so many schools for my whole high school career, I just wanted to focus on all the things a kid should, and just play basketball, and I felt that there was no better place for me then the U of I.

Dan P: Who is the one person that has the biggest influence in your life, and has helped the most to get you to where you are today?

J. Rich: My Dad. He always told me to stay humble and work hard, then everything will work out.

Dan P: Where do you see yourself four years from now? 8 years from now?

J. Rich: Four years from now i see myself fighting for a starting spot at the U of I. 8 years from now, hopefully I'll be in the NBA.

Dan P: What do you think is the strongest aspect of your game? What part needs the most work?

J. Rich: the strongest part of my game is attacking the rim and rebounding. I need to work on keeping my composure and not getting frustrated, some times I get frustrated and take a play off, and it costs my team a possesion.

Dan P: How was your first high school game?

J. Rich: Dominant. 34 points 21 rebounds 6 blocks...

Dan P: Who is the best player in the state regardless of class?

J. Rich: Demitri McCamey

Dan P: What makes him better then Jereme Richmond?

J. Rich: I just love his game. He is more eperienced then me and has a more mature body and game. A few years from now I know that I can be better though.

Dan P: What is in your C.D. player right now?

J. Rich: Young Joc and Lil' Wayne.

Dan P: How are the girls treating you over at North Shore Country Day?

J. Rich: The girls are awsome here. They are all really nice and they like to come out to the games and see us play, but right now I dont really have time to worry about that. I am very driven to be the best i can, and i have to sacrifice other things in my life sometimes to achive my goals. When I'm older I will start looking for a girlfriend, but until then I' m just focusing on basketball.

IUPUI tonight. We better win. Even Rich McBride can't **** this up...knock on wood.

He shot 3-13 or something like that the last game...

Illinois looks great in the first half. Even Rich is playing well. Jamar's back and he's lighting it up. I wish I could watch more, but seeing how I have three papers and a project due this week along with two quizzes, I must get to those. ..But we should be fine.

If you would've told me even a month ago that Warren Carter would be averaging 14 and 7, I'd have laughed at you.

Yeah me too. I thought he was a scrub. He's turned into KG, somehow.

Decent playground baller ThaKing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Yeah me too. I thought he was a scrub. He's turned into KG, somehow.
    Classic

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKing
    Classic
    Sorry, I was a bit homerish there. I meant he's had KG-like numbers. To say he is KG is embarrassing for me. Nevertheless, in the Arizona game he had 24/10/4/1 blk, and 21/8/2blk last night. I never thought he could string that together.