Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 06-25-2007, 06:23 AM   #1
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far
Post KG & Matrix or KG & STAT

So Garnett likes to be part of the Suns, but Timberwolves want STAT in return. Send him or not? What about Marion? I wouldn't give up either Marion or Stoudemire cause there's been talk in insidehoops.com rumors that you would have to give up also Thomas and Barbosa! Who would you give up for KG and which would work better, Nash, KG and Marion or Nash, KG and STAT?

I think Barbosa is too valuable to give up with either one of them and it would leave too big hole in the pg/sg spot. Marion and KG could work better than STAT and KG, cause Marion can play more positions than STAT so you could move him around more so he wouldn't affect KGs game as much as STAT.
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:15 AM   #2
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: KG & Matrix or KG & STAT

anyone with brains will tell you STAT & KG...

that is the case unless T-Wolves aren't willing to settle for Marion... but i doubt Suns will go to the extent of trading Amare for KG...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:32 AM   #3
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
anyone with brains will tell you STAT & KG...

that is the case unless T-Wolves aren't willing to settle for Marion... but i doubt Suns will go to the extent of trading Amare for KG...

You might be right. Only problem with Marion to Minnesota trade is that Barbosa is going with him..
Old 06-26-2007, 12:13 AM   #4
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board

i think we should send amare and barbosa. that would help other teams in the west have a better chance. it's not all about winning, its about having fun.
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:28 AM   #5
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc
i think we should send amare and barbosa. that would help other teams in the west have a better chance. it's not all about winning, its about having fun.

no way... besides Nash and Amare... i feel Barbosa as the most un-tradable player on the Suns roster... i think we'll ahve to sacrifice the Hawks 08 pick along with Marion and Bell to get KG... i really hope that works out...
Old 06-30-2007, 01:49 AM   #6
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc

i wouldn't send barbosa..he's a great, young player and still has so much more to grow into...he's shown he can step up and do really well at the guard position and show up in the playoffs...maybe not against SA but he's usually on fIre

i want to know though...how will putting KG in the roster for amare or for marion change the way the suns play ball???
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:35 AM   #7
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash4eva!gosuns
i wouldn't send barbosa..he's a great, young player and still has so much more to grow into...he's shown he can step up and do really well at the guard position and show up in the playoffs...maybe not against SA but he's usually on fIre

i want to know though...how will putting KG in the roster for amare or for marion change the way the suns play ball???

They'll get more "talented" player, no one can doupt that he would be better than STAT or Marion...BUT there's the one thing. Is the Suns going to be better if they have to part ways with Marion or Amare + (Barbosa or someone else) They should just get deeper and keep Marion and Amare.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:22 PM   #8
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn T-Mac
They'll get more "talented" player, no one can doupt that he would be better than STAT or Marion...BUT there's the one thing. Is the Suns going to be better if they have to part ways with Marion or Amare + (Barbosa or someone else) They should just get deeper and keep Marion and Amare.

personally, i love the idea of KG coming to Phoenix...maybe he can't run as much...or maybe he's going to age quick but the thing about him is that he could be the boost we need in the frontcourt to challenge other teams in the post...or get us that 'SHIP.

We need that...but having to give up STAT when he's also a young player and has great great great game in PHX or risk leaving a hole in our game by losing Marion's defensive as well as offensive prescence, makes it a hard choice to make....

I dunno much about KG's game...i know he can drop 40 in one night on us even with amare and KT though and that's great...so i'd take the risk if it didn't involve barbosa...barbosa is too much...

so i'd give up stat and thomas for KG
or marion and thomas...

but not much else
Old 07-03-2007, 03:54 AM   #9
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Quote:
personally, i love the idea of KG coming to Phoenix...maybe he can't run as much...or maybe he's going to age quick but the thing about him is that he could be the boost we need in the frontcourt to challenge other teams in the post...or get us that 'SHIP.

We need that...but having to give up STAT when he's also a young player and has great great great game in PHX or risk leaving a hole in our game by losing Marion's defensive as well as offensive prescence, makes it a hard choice to make....

I dunno much about KG's game...i know he can drop 40 in one night on us even with amare and KT though and that's great...so i'd take the risk if it didn't involve barbosa...barbosa is too much...

so i'd give up stat and thomas for KG
or marion and thomas...

but not much else

Somehow I think the KG deal ain't going down, maybe with no team, T-wolves want so much in return. But it's a long summer. It looks like it needs atleast 3-way maybe 4-way deal.

Roster would be that bad with KG

Nash
Bell
Mario
Garnett
Diaw (?)

or

Nash
Bell
Diaw
Garnett
Stoudemire
Old 07-03-2007, 05:42 AM   #10
Manphibian420
very nice

Manphibian420 has an OK reputation so far

If the Suns land Grant Hill, he'd probably replace Diaw in either of those starting lineups. In any event, Leandro plus the non-starter of those two would give us a pair of starter quality bench guys, and if one of the rookies can earn themselves 12-15 productive, tough D filled minutes per game that could give us our best 8 man rotation yet (in the event of either Marion or STAT plus KT and picks for KG).
Getting KG for Marion, KT, and picks would be ideal for us. Finding the 3rd team that wants to take Marion and give up a package of youth/picks and expiring contracts that interests Minny has obviously been the problem so far.
Giving up Amare would be tough, KG's track record isn't good enough to ensure us any improvement in the playoffs; this isn't Shaq. This is a much better team than KG has ever played with, so I don't want to make it sound like we wouldn't have a great chance at the title. It would just take more of a sure bet for the Suns to give up Amare. Anything short of at least 1 title in the next 2-3 years would make the trade look like a failure, especially if Amare continues to improve and eventually surpasses his 26ppg he put up in his 3rd season.
Manphibian420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:15 PM   #11
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manphibian420
If the Suns land Grant Hill, he'd probably replace Diaw in either of those starting lineups. In any event, Leandro plus the non-starter of those two would give us a pair of starter quality bench guys, and if one of the rookies can earn themselves 12-15 productive, tough D filled minutes per game that could give us our best 8 man rotation yet (in the event of either Marion or STAT plus KT and picks for KG).

Getting KG for Marion, KT, and picks would be ideal for us. Finding the 3rd team that wants to take Marion and give up a package of youth/picks and expiring contracts that interests Minny has obviously been the problem so far.
Giving up Amare would be tough, KG's track record isn't good enough to ensure us any improvement in the playoffs; this isn't Shaq. This is a much better team than KG has ever played with, so I don't want to make it sound like we wouldn't have a great chance at the title. It would just take more of a sure bet for the Suns to give up Amare. Anything short of at least 1 title in the next 2-3 years would make the trade look like a failure, especially if Amare continues to improve and eventually surpasses his 26ppg he put up in his 3rd season.

1. the suns are after grant hill??
2 i agree with the bolded
Old 07-05-2007, 04:44 AM   #12
wally_world
M0derator

Quote:
1. the suns are after grant hill??
2 i agree with the bolded

yeap we want Hill

and I want C-Webb... anyone with me???
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: