Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Yes, Jeremy Lin has been disappointing so far but he is not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    I get my negs because I insult Lebron all the time, and Lebron fans (big number on this site) are the ones who usually have full green bars from repping each other. That's why it doesn't mean a thing. As you saw, the ones who came onto me were lebron fans.

Anyways, interesting, I've never been to clutchfans but i'll take a look. I agree with you as of now - he's been too passive and dependent on Harden. He needs to do smth soon before his career goes down the drain.
    I want to see Lin do well, New York was the team I checked out the most last season after Houston and I loved what Lin did for New York. I have no interest in seeing the guy fail in Houston, it doesn't make sense.

But I still find it very odd that you're so sensitive about Lin and basically "attacked" me and called me out for not being a Rocket fan because I was very skeptical to Lin's game in Houston. And you've defended Lin now for months on ISH and you get mad when people write negative stuff about him, but still you trash LeBron constantly and troll LeBron fans.. How does that make any sense?

Anyway, enough of this now, I want Lin to do just as well as you want him to do.

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Yes, Jeremy Lin has been disappointing so far but he is not the only one

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    It was a pure copy and paste rant from clutchfans, not original and full of excuses and I look forward to see him answering my reply. And if you'd spend a second of your life to actually check what kind of response that bogus got on clutchfans you'd see that the guy is no Rocket fan, only a Lin fan. Old Rocket fans bashed that nonsense, only new posters who only signed up because of Lin bought that bogus.
    I don't really see any point of getting involved in a debate with you because I don't think you have any objectivity on the subject. You're completely blinded by your hatred of Lin and you resort to using weak arguments like 'you're not a real fan,' to dismiss people's opinion off hand. I'm not sure what going back and forth with you for ten or twenty pages of post would achieve. You really think it would be constructive?

To me your posts are filled with confirmation bias. You were never interested in giving Lin a chance, you think he's a crap player so you see everything through that filter. I don't think anything I can say is going to convince you otherwise so why bother?

But for the sake of fairness, I'll give you this one reply to your post.

[quote]
    Nonsense, so many excuses. Now it's Sampson fault and earlier it was Harden's and Mchale's fault. And not letting Lin play? Lin played like garbage and Greivis put up 11 points, a couple of rebounds and assists in the first Q on Lin.

Lin isn't attacking, Lin isn't taking his open shots and he's shooting with a worthless FG%.
    I've never said it was Harden's fault. I'm guessing Sampson and Mchale are in agreement about the offensive scheme they are employing. So yes, the coaching staff are misusing Lin. Greivis played as a pointguard, Lin as a spot-up three point shooter. If your going to rely on box scores then the kind of subtle context based argument I'm trying to make isn't going to interest you.

Lin is having no screens set for him or plays run for him. The NO PG was getting screen after screen and pick after pick. I.E. He was allowed to be the PG of his team and while he was on the court the primary playmaker. Not so in the rocket's offense. Lin is taking less than 10 shots a game. He's taking far too many 3 point shots because that's what his role on the team has been reduced to. So his FG% is going to suffer. When he was at the knicks he'd start out like that sometimes, missing lay-ups and not shooting great, but he'd keep attacking and eventually end up with a great box score. Only on the rockets he has no support to play as a PG or play an attacking game because the coach wants him to give the ball to Harden and get out of the way.

Haha, nonsense.

Pure copy and paste from clutchfans from a crybaby LOF:er on clutchans, if you'd read the thread on CF where a new poster wrote that you would notice that the only people who agreed were the one's who registrated AFTER Lin got signed and the one's who thought it was pure nonsense were the real fans..
    Anyone who starts with this elitist bullshit about real fans and all that shit is a moron as far as I'm concerned. It just shows that your own arguments are weak when you need to summarily dismiss other people's opinion out of hand rather than actually address the points that are made.

So you're basically saying that Toney Douglas is doing something Jeremy is not allowed to do, yeah, dude..
    Pretty much yes. for the last few games. Though I noticed in tonights game that he was also passing up the ball to Harden more. Which is not surprising since TD has no idea how to pass the ball.

He didn't do anything in this game, he didn't even take his open shots, he passed up on at least 5 open looks and he missed 8 out of 10 shots. Can't believe how many excuses you have for the guy's bad performance.
    He certainly had a poor game within the limited opportunity he had. But he's not being played in a way that gives him a chance to play to his strengths or potential. He's asked to be a spot up 3 point shooter and he's gone cold. I'd rather he pass up long range looks than keep bricking pointless 3s. I think he only had 2 layup attempts the entire game, both of his own dribble and I'm pretty sure he was fouled on both. Harden got a few no calls too but he drove enough that he did end up getting some foul calls.

Why don't you rewatch the game, count how many screens Harden got, how many screens the NO PG got and then count how many screens Lin got before rushing to judgement.

Yeah, everyone is against Lin.
    The Rockets made him their 2nd most expensive point guard in franchise history just to ignore him and make him look bad.
    I don't think so, and I'm hoping Morey will intervene. The coaching staff never really had faith in him, that's why they cut him last year and it looks quite simply like they haven't changed their mind about him. They aren't trying to make him look bad or anything that clever. They just don't trust him to play as the PG and primary playmaker on the team and his USG stats show that.

I'm repeating myself at this stage and I don't think either you are I are going to say anything new on this topic to each other, so feel free to keep on hating.

Lin played in just 64 games (25 starts) before this season. Honestly, I don't know why he's being critized so much. He's looked pretty good out there in my opinion. The shots aren't falling, but he has displayed good court vision and decisionmaking and he's actually quite active on defense, eventhough he's not great at that end of the floor. Poor shooting numbers, but solid stats overall:
    11.3 PPG
    6.4 APG
    2.6 SPG
    (2.5 TOPG and .353FG are bad)
    Thing is, Lin showed last year that he can shoot the ball. He's missing those jumpers now, but his stroke should come back at some point. He just needs to be more consistent. He just needs to grow into his role as starting PG and one of the leaders of the team.

I rule the local playground

But I still find it very odd that you're so sensitive about Lin and basically "attacked" me and called me out for not being a Rocket fan because I was very skeptical to Lin's game in Houston.
    In fairness, it was probably because you were repeatedly ragging on Lin's inadequacies. I understand that you were upset that the Rockets let Dragic go, but you already got your point across loud and clear, just have to watch it play out now and hope for the best though.

Anyways the way I see it, Lin's play has gotten less and less involved, almost a downward spiral. I can't say for certain why, but signs point to a lack of confidence, a hesitation, as well as the overall shift to Harden. After all, because Harden is the better player, they've seemingly made him the primary ballhandler while relegating Lin to a fringe role. Signs such as Lin passing up the ball very early on and sitting in the corner- a level of passivity he never reached last season, seem to suggest this. Obviously this hasn't done wonders on his confidence, you can see his hesitation grow. As this gameplan has shifted, Lin's effectiveness has evidently gone down, seeing as how Lin is no good as a spot up shooter.

Now I'm not saying Lin is blameless, outside of his poor spot up shooting, he really has to take more action or be more vocal to involve himself, whether that involves talking to the coaches or not sticking to the gameplan and take some midrange shots. By doing this, hopefully the staff will give him a larger role again and set some screens for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    The shots aren't falling, but he has displayed good court vision and decisionmaking and he's actually quite active on defense, eventhough he's not great at that end of the floor.
    Yes, I agree, he's shown great court vision and good decision making (though a bit hesitant) and intangibles, which is why he should probably be handling the rock more than Harden. Lin is probably still the better floor general, runs the break very well. It's not like that will harm Harden's game, he can play off the ball pretty well, it's mutually beneficial.

Hope he can bounce back before his confidence is shot. He needs to get some swagger back.
    Last edited by shoops; 11-15-2012 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoops
    As this gameplan has shifted, Lin's effectiveness has evidently gone down, seeing as how Lin is no good as a spot up shooter.
    I absolutely agree with this. Plays have to be designed to get Lin going strong to the hole. Once some confidence is generated by driving hard and perhaps getting fouled -- where he can take advantage of being an excellent free throw shooter -- then the jumpshots will start coming as well.

However, if his poor play continues, the team can't continue to start him.

Decent playground baller

[QUOTE=Klazart]I don't really see any point of getting involved in a debate with you because I don't think you have any objectivity on the subject. You're completely blinded by your hatred of Lin and you resort to using weak arguments like 'you're not a real fan,' to dismiss people's opinion off hand. I'm not sure what going back and forth with you for ten or twenty pages of post would achieve. You really think it would be constructive?

To me your posts are filled with confirmation bias. You were never interested in giving Lin a chance, you think he's a crap player so you see everything through that filter. I don't think anything I can say is going to convince you otherwise so why bother?

But for the sake of fairness, I'll give you this one reply to your post.

I've never said it was Harden's fault. I'm guessing Sampson and Mchale are in agreement about the offensive scheme they are employing. So yes, the coaching staff are misusing Lin. Greivis played as a pointguard, Lin as a spot-up three point shooter. If your going to rely on box scores then the kind of subtle context based argument I'm trying to make isn't going to interest you.

Lin is having no screens set for him or plays run for him. The NO PG was getting screen after screen and pick after pick. I.E. He was allowed to be the PG of his team and while he was on the court the primary playmaker. Not so in the rocket's offense. Lin is taking less than 10 shots a game. He's taking far too many 3 point shots because that's what his role on the team has been reduced to. So his FG% is going to suffer. When he was at the knicks he'd start out like that sometimes, missing lay-ups and not shooting great, but he'd keep attacking and eventually end up with a great box score. Only on the rockets he has no support to play as a PG or play an attacking game because the coach wants him to give the ball to Harden and get out of the way.

Anyone who starts with this elitist bullshit about real fans and all that shit is a moron as far as I'm concerned. It just shows that your own arguments are weak when you need to summarily dismiss other people's opinion out of hand rather than actually address the points that are made.

Pretty much yes. for the last few games. Though I noticed in tonights game that he was also passing up the ball to Harden more. Which is not surprising since TD has no idea how to pass the ball.

He certainly had a poor game within the limited opportunity he had. But he's not being played in a way that gives him a chance to play to his strengths or potential. He's asked to be a spot up 3 point shooter and he's gone cold. I'd rather he pass up long range looks than keep bricking pointless 3s. I think he only had 2 layup attempts the entire game, both of his own dribble and I'm pretty sure he was fouled on both. Harden got a few no calls too but he drove enough that he did end up getting some foul calls.

Why don't you rewatch the game, count how many screens Harden got, how many screens the NO PG got and then count how many screens Lin got before rushing to judgement.

I don't think so, and I'm hoping Morey will intervene. The coaching staff never really had faith in him, that's why they cut him last year and it looks quite simply like they haven't changed their mind about him. They aren't trying to make him look bad or anything that clever. They just don't trust him to play as the PG and primary playmaker on the team and his USG stats show that.

I'm repeating myself at this stage and I don't think either you are I are going to say anything new on this topic to each other, so feel free to keep on hating.
    Excellent post, and the 2 above as well. Finally people with some objectivity.

Oh, so butthurt.
    You wrote stuff that you took out of context that barely no one knows about or even remember the original stuff so don't act like you actually didn't try to find out stuff about me and I haven't ever even written a word to you. You sure thing know alot about me..

And don't be mad, you're the same clown who mocked RRR3 for his looks and time after time you posted his pic and you even went as far that you edited his picture with awful captions.

And yeah, now you're not taiwanese because you cheered for the US in the Olympics and not China, haha.. And many taiwanese people don't even like China so that makes even less sense. But hey, I must be argentinian because I cheered for Scola and Argentina in the Olympics..

And now to the most pathetic, you have for months had your tongue in JLin's butthole and you defend him like there's no tomorrow and you hate people who write negative stuff about him. You have defended him for months now and suddenly Rocket fans who aren't that positive about him fake fans and only Lin haters.. How does this make any sense when you're the biggest LeBron hater on this site? HOW?
    I want to see Lin do well, New York was the team I checked out the most last season after Houston and I loved what Lin did for New York. I have no interest in seeing the guy fail in Houston, it doesn't make sense.

But I still find it very odd that you're so sensitive about Lin and basically "attacked" me and called me out for not being a Rocket fan because I was very skeptical to Lin's game in Houston. And you've defended Lin now for months on ISH and you get mad when people write negative stuff about him, but still you trash LeBron constantly and troll LeBron fans.. How does that make any sense?

Anyway, enough of this now, I want Lin to do just as well as you want him to do.

Thanks for the information Detective Millwad. This guy is just an arrogant douchebag. He's also denied that He's from Taiwan. What a F*cking loser!!!!