Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Clippers agree to terms with Caron Butler

Quote Originally Posted by LemonMan
    In the end, he adds more versatility to the clippers' offense. We needed another option other than blake/EJ for consistency. We filled a very giant hole in our team. Nice sign clips
    I remember at least 5 games last year where Brian Cook had to be our go to scorer at times because we didn't have a dependable 3rd option. That will never happen again .

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I remember at least 5 games last year where Brian Cook had to be our go to scorer at times because we didn't have a dependable 3rd option. That will never happen again .
    Thank God we won't have to see that again

Not really. Will be first time Clippers have ever been over cap in general really. It's good to see them commit to winning. As long as he's healthy he's a guaranteed 14-15 ppg, 5 rpg guy to go with a couple assists. He's the PERFECT 3rd option for this team. You're in good shape when other recent all stars like Kaman+Mo Williams are your 4th and 5th scoring options.
    Look, man getting Butler is great and I think you guys now have a legitimate chance to challenge for the 8 seed, but Mo Williams and (to a lesser extent) Chris Kaman may have been all-stars, but IMO they have never been all-star caliber players.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonMan
    Thank God we won't have to see that again
    . I'm glad my confidence in Olshey paid off for now. One thing I love about Butler that nobody is talking about is that every fan base/front office has called him an extremely hard worker, very good leader and very very good locker room guy. For a young team like ours that's HUGE. I expect him to do what Cuttino Mobley and Sam Cassell did and bring professionalism, swagger and good work ethic to this team and be that big difference we need.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Look, man getting Butler is great and I think you guys now have a legitimate chance to challenge for the 8 seed, but Mo Williams and (to a lesser extent) Chris Kaman may have been all-stars, but IMO they have never been all-star caliber players.
    Doesn't matter if they are all stars or ever were. Clippers have SERIOUS firepower in the starting 5 and bench now.

Doesn't matter if they are all stars or ever were. Clippers have SERIOUS firepower in the starting 5 and bench now.
    Yep. I hope they get CP3 too, I can't stand the thought of the Lakers getting him.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Yep. I hope they get CP3 too, I can't stand the thought of the Lakers getting him.
    Honestly I'd rather keep Gordon+DJ+Minny pick. Imagine if team can add another young, future star to the core? Mo Williams is solid for now. No real point to trading Kaman now though since we got a good SF.

Definitely will hold Kaman I bet.

He is a solid veteran, but the reality is he is an injury prone dude coming off a major injury.
    Will be an interesting season for him.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Default Re: Source: Caron Butler agrees to terms with Clippers. Three years, 24M.

. ESPN article said Butler chose Clippers because he's a huge fan of the young team and Blake Griffin. He feels they can win a championship in the next few years. Guess I'm not the only "delusional" one?
    He does know he just signed with the Clippers, right?

Default Re: Source: Caron Butler agrees to terms with Clippers. Three years, 24M.

. ESPN article said Butler chose Clippers because he's a huge fan of the young team and Blake Griffin. He feels they can win a championship in the next few years. Guess I'm not the only "delusional" one?

owwwww

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9

Why so much excitement over Butler? He's old and coming off major knee surgery... and the Mavs played better without him last year. He's an upgrade for the Clips at SF, but hardly a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9