Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Default Re: Kentucky vs Louisville

Quote Originally Posted by midatlantic09
    I honestly don't see what the big deal is about Davis and Gilchrist. Both will probably be decent NBA players, but I don't envision either of them being superstars.

If I had to guess, I'd go with Austin Rivers, Jeremy Lamb, and Thomas Robinson as three players from this upcoming draft that will end up being true superstars in the league.
    If you just watched this game, and you still don't think Davis is special, then well..I don't know.

He's one of the most dominant defensive forces in a while, he has an underrated offensive game and he plays really hard. Not to mention he's a really good ball handler and he runs the floor incredibly well and can score without needing plays run for him.

Once he gets stronger, he will be even more dominant and will be able to do more on the offensive end.

Also has unbelievable timing as a shot blocker, he has some of the best timing I've seen and possesses a huge wingspan which allows him to grab tons of rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by irondarts
    True true. He'd fit in on both teams. Obviously Wiz will take Davis if they get the first pick, just saying the Bobcats need his presence tons, but then again, they need a lot of new players.
    Nah I totally agree with you that the Bobcats definately need him. I'm just a Davis fan and would rather him go to a team with a PG than some place like Charlotte. I'm just really sour on Charlotte as a bball franchise. From owner, mgmt.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Oden would destroy Davis in a college game. Just saying.
    Destroy is a tad much but he would get the edge. Davis is still terrific though. Stating the obvious. He has to get stronger to truly be elite at the next level. Before anyone says a thing about Durant in the same situation.

It's apples & oranges. Durant is a wing & Davis is a true frontcourt player.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Nah I totally agree with you that the Bobcats definately need him. I'm just a Davis fan and would rather him go to a team with a PG than some place like Charlotte. I'm just really sour on Charlotte as a bball franchise. From owner, mgmt.
    The only team I could see passing on Davis First overall is Charlotte, MJ would probably take Harrison Barnes instead. Honestly I could see it happening which is why that franchise is doomed.

If you just watched this game, and you still don't think Davis is special, then well..I don't know.

He's one of the most dominant defensive forces in a while, he has an underrated offensive game and he plays really hard. Not to mention he's a really good ball handler and he runs the floor incredibly well and can score without needing plays run for him.

Once he gets stronger, he will be even more dominant and will be able to do more on the offensive end.

Also has unbelievable timing as a shot blocker, he has some of the best timing I've seen and possesses a huge wingspan which allows him to grab tons of rebounds.
    Agreed, and man imagine when he fills out his frame. If anything he'll be a DPOY candidate for years challenging Dwight Howard and whoever else is around when he pans out.

One more thing about this game I wanted to say, and am wondering how others feel about this:

I really dislike Peyton Siva's game, he's a great athlete but he plays out of control, he's really fast but he penetrates and dribbles too much and is often out of control, he also makes a lot of bad decisions and dumb turnovers.

Wondering how others feel about him?

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    im saying right now in nba.. they arent anything special... and even back in college they werent really expected to be big time players in nba... there might have been some believers in turner to be the next brandon roy but thats it...

davis is expected to be a BEAST in nba too... so that award doesnt do him justice
    You said this was your first time watching Davis play and was impressed. So I mentioned he's only the player of the year meaning he dominated college all season long for the most part. And made his mark as one of if not the best shotblockers in college bball history. My point is if you were impressed with this game, you missed some other impressive moments in his freshman season. Thats all.

So winning that award means something in this regard.

One more thing about this game I wanted to say, and am wondering how others feel about this:

I really dislike Peyton Siva's game, he's a great athlete but he plays out of control, he's really fast but he penetrates and dribbles too much and is often out of control, he also makes a lot of bad decisions and dumb turnovers.

Wondering how others feel about him?
    Strictly a college player in my eyes. Good for Lville, but as far as future at the next level? I dont see it.

I watched nearly every Kentucky game this year and I have no doubt about Davis being a superstar on the next level. Defensively, he's obviously a monster but his offensive game is rapidly improving. He's got a nice mid range J, can handle the ball well, has a soft touch around the basket, and has great hands for oops and putbacks. He runs the floor like a guard and has the frame to put on more muscle without compromising his athleticism.

Kidd-Gilchrist is a two way player in every sense of the word. His streaky jumper is literally the only weakness in his game. He's the only player in a long time that can warrant Pippen comparisons this early in his career. His motor never stops and he goes hard every possession.

Terrence Jones could be a top 5 pick if his head was in the game on a consistent basis. He's strong, athletic, versatile on the offensive end and can stuff the stat sheet. He's like a bigger, lefty Al Harrington.

Lamb is obviously instant offense and a lights out shooter. He's an NBA ready scorer off the bench.

Teague needs a lot of work, but you can see the talent. He plays a lot like his brother did in his rookie season.

Wiltjer is going to be a stud in two years. He's a great shooter, excellent passer, and can play in the post when he adds some strength.

Darius Miller knows how to play with NBA talent and has done it consistently for 4 years. He's got all the tools to be an effective role player in the NBA.

They've also got a kid transferring from NC State named Ryan Harrow who's a lightning quick point guard and will be great for them next season. Two other super athletic wings in Alex Poythress and Archie Goodwin will join him, so UK will be stacked once again.

Best prospect on Louisville has to be Wayne Blackshear. Missed most of the season with a torn ACL but you could see how athletic he was in this game and he's got a sweet shooting stroke. Probably a one and done.

Behanan is really undersized but he gets it done down low and there's no reason he can't be a Craig Smith type player.

Gorgui Dieng is raw offensively and old for his class but is obviously a big defensive presence. His shot blocking alone should get him NBA looks.

Russ Smith might be another prospect if he hones his point guard skills.

If Kyle Kuric was 6'6" he'd have a definite NBA future. He's very athletic and a really good shooter.
    Last edited by Grinder; 03-31-2012 at 09:03 PM.

Strictly a college player in my eyes. Good for Lville, but as far as future at the next level? I dont see it.
    I agree. He won't be much in the NBA, he'd be a better SG at the next level but with his size there's no way that'll happen. He's definitely not going to be able to play PG in the NBA.

I really like Terrence Jones. He's powerful and an incredible athlete. But the only question is, what position does he play in the NBA? I think he's a 4, probably a Josh Smith type. If he was quicker, he'd be at the 3 and be more tantalizing but he will be good at the 4.

Great athlete, powerful player, needs to work on his FT's, but I would easily take him in the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    I watched nearly every Kentucky game this year and I have no doubt about Davis being a superstar on the next level. Defensively, he's obviously a monster but his offensive game is rapidly improving. He's got a nice mid range J, can handle the ball well, has a soft touch around the basket, and has great hands for oops and putbacks. He runs the floor like a guard and has the frame to put on more muscle without compromising his athleticism.

Kidd-Gilchrist is a two way player in every sense of the word. His streaky jumper is literally the only weakness in his game. He's the only player in a long time that can warrant Pippen comparisons this early in his career. His motor never stops and he goes hard every possession.

Terrence Jones could be a top 5 pick if his head was in the game on a consistent basis. He's strong, athletic, versatile on the offensive end and can stuff the stat sheet. He's like a bigger, lefty Al Harrington.

Lamb is obviously instant offense and a lights out shooter. He's an NBA ready scorer off the bench.

Teague needs a lot of work, but you can see the talent. He plays a lot like his brother did in his rookie season.

Wiltjer is going to be a stud in two years. He's a great shooter, excellent passer, and can play in the post when he adds some strength.

Darius Miller knows how to play with NBA talent and has done it consistently for 4 years. He's got all the tools to be an effective role player in the NBA.

They've also got a kid transferring from NC State named Ryan Harrow who's a lightning quick point guard and will be great for them next season. Two other super athletic wings in Alex Poythress and Archie Goodwin will join him, so UK will be stacked once again.

Best prospect on Louisville has to be Wayne Blackshear. Missed most of the season with a torn ACL but you could see how athletic he was in this game and he's got a sweet shooting stroke. Probably a one and done.

Behanan is really undersized but he gets it done down low and there's no reason he can't be a Craig Smith type player.

Gorgui Dieng is raw offensively and old for his class but is obviously a big defensive presence. His shot blocking alone should get him NBA looks.

Russ Smith might be another prospect if he hones his point guard skills.
    You think Shabazz goes to Kentucky? He has Duke, UCLA, Kentucky as his 3 final teams.

I rule the local playground ukfan22's Avatar

You think Shabazz goes to Kentucky? He has Duke, UCLA, Kentucky as his 3 final teams.
    of course

Quote Originally Posted by ukfan22
    of course
    Yeah I figure he ends up there. Maybe waiting to see who declares for the draft? Whats with the long wait though.

If Charlotte gets the #1 pick, do people really think they'll pass on Anthony Davis?

In the case that they don't like the idea of a Biyombo/Davis duo, they could trade Biyombo and that could get net back a lot.

They could also trade the #1 pick, which (all things considered with Charlotte) wouldn't be the worst thing to ever happen.