Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2007, 01:32 PM   #1
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default My Playoff Idea

To counter imbalance and create the fairest possible playoff scenario here is what I propose (I read Bill Simmons and this is different).

Crossover first round (Best of five, 2-2-1).

East plays West, for example:
1 East vs 8 West
1 West vs 8 East
2 East vs 7 West
etc...

Second round: reseed the remaining teams based on record

1 vs 8
2 vs 7

etc...

Semi finals: based on second round bracket

Finals: Likely the two best teams

Yay!

Last edited by JtotheIzzo : 06-15-2007 at 01:40 PM.
JtotheIzzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: My Playoff Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
To counter imbalance and create the fairest possible playoff scenario here is what I propose (I read Bill Simmons and this is different).

Crossover first round.

East plays West, for example:
1 East vs 8 West
1 West vs 8 East
2 East vs 7 West
etc...

Second round: reseed the remaining teams based on record

1 vs 8
2 vs 7

etc...

Semi finals: based on second round bracket

Finals: Likely the two best teams

Yay!

Too much traveling. The #1 east/west team is gonna be worn out from traveling all the way across the country
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #3
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Too much traveling. The #1 east/west team is gonna be worn out from traveling all the way across the country

you love Bob Barker.:

travellin gis the most overrated thing. All the teams have private jets or charters, travelling is hardly a drama.

what I forgot to add is that the first round will be five games

2-2-1

this would ease the travel when compared to 2-2-1-1-1
Old 06-15-2007, 01:43 PM   #4
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
you love Bob Barker.:

travellin gis the most overrated thing. All the teams have private jets or charters, travelling is hardly a drama.

what I forgot to add is that the first round will be five games

2-2-1

this would ease the travel when compared to 2-2-1-1-1

I agree that the 1st round should be shortened.

As for my avatar, I wouldn't mind changing it to something else, but Bob's kinda what I'm well known for. Why mess with glorious success?
Old 06-15-2007, 02:10 PM   #5
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I agree that the 1st round should be shortened.

As for my avatar, I wouldn't mind changing it to something else, but Bob's kinda what I'm well known for. Why mess with glorious success?

get one of Bob with his shirt off, that would be hot, nothing sexier than withered man boobs
Old 06-15-2007, 02:16 PM   #6
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
get one of Bob with his shirt off, that would be hot, nothing sexier than withered man boobs

Old 06-15-2007, 02:23 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

only problem i see is that if the west is so much better than the east, in theory you could have almost all the east coast teams eliminated in the first round... how about instead you take all the teams and rank then 1 to 16 then 1 plays 16, 2 plays 15 and so on...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #8
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
only problem i see is that if the west is so much better than the east, in theory you could have almost all the east coast teams eliminated in the first round... how about instead you take all the teams and rank then 1 to 16 then 1 plays 16, 2 plays 15 and so on...

I dont see a real problem with that...It is all about getting better match ups every round, increasing drama, not having everything fall to shiiit after game four of the Suns Spurs series, and forcing us to labor through crap Eastern Conference games every second night.

Last edited by JtotheIzzo : 06-15-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #9
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

How's this for an idea?

ONE DAY OFF BETWEEN GAMES!! No more of this two day crap!
Old 06-15-2007, 03:02 PM   #10
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

That's the best and fairest solution. After all, isn't it annoying that legendary teams of the past (and present) never played in the NBA Finals because they were from the same conference (e.g, Lakers vs Bucks in 1972)?
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #11
dudeguykid
High school junior varsity star

dudeguykid has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

I posted this in another thread:

1st Round
1.Dallas 67-15 vs 16.Clippers 40-42
2.Phoenix 61-21 vs 15.Wizards 41-41
3.San Antonio 58-24 vs 14.Nets 41-41
4.Detroit 53-29 vs 13.Warriors 42-40
5.Houston 52-30 vs 12.Lakers 42-40
6.Utah 51-31 vs 11.Miami 44-38
7.Cleveland 50-32 vs 10.Denver 45-37
8.Chicago 4933 vs 9. Toronto 4735

2nd Round
dallas vs chicago