Default Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence

Not bad. Not bad at all. A much welcomed old school jedi sound on this album. Their last release 'History of Violence' was very hot & cold. There is no Stoupe... (on 'VBV' and I'm not a backpacker so I'm not going to dig deep enough to see all the 'why'z' behind all that.

Production is still top notch. Much, MUCH > than HOV, which doesn't add the genuine sample feel... it still comes off highly fresh and modern. Keeping the lyrics the same old real life in them ghettos world-wide, and with a very flowing 'middle eastern' sound it comes off as a paradise for towel-a-ban nod music.

Back to this VGV JDM release... it's pretty good and warranted since many fans suspected the last album dropped HOV, it was all downhill from there. Well, thankfully, not quite seem to be better music, even without their core producer.

I have had maybe a good

It flows nicely... highly enjoyable in a dungen chill with ya main manz and blaze while doing our thang.

I'm just curious as to what Stoupe is going to do with his talents if this album is a hint that they're splitting? Who knows... Stoupe helped Canibus put forth his best work on Rip the Jacker... so we all know he could help the right selective up and coming or maybe already established act out there.

I mean think about it... a Kris Kross Stoupe combo would be a trainwreck, but say Stoupe combined with a yelawolf or as askward as it sounds some hook up with Slim Thug or Jadakiss could blaze some tracks. At the end of it all... Stoupe has sick en ough vision and behind the scences production sounds that could elevate just about any rapper to buzz'durm...

Say Stoupe with Killah Priest, while it would be dope as fu*k, would it really much attention?

I have listened to maybe half the album and will check the rest in time, I am very pleaed... much better than their last reslease of Violence Beget Violence. Trash on that one. Now we're coasting back into a true rap sound, and yes even without Stoupe... I hope all them guys find their place etc...

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: Jedi Mind Tricks - Violence Begets Violence

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh

Not bad. Not bad at all. A much welcomed old school jedi sound on this album. Their last release 'History of Violence' was very hot & cold. There is no Stoupe... (on 'VBV' and I'm not a backpacker so I'm not going to dig deep enough to see all the 'why'z' behind all that.

Production is still top notch. Much, MUCH > than HOV, which doesn't add the genuine sample feel... it still comes off highly fresh and modern. Keeping the lyrics the same old real life in them ghettos world-wide, and with a very flowing 'middle eastern' sound it comes off as a paradise for towel-a-ban nod music.

Back to this VGV JDM release... it's pretty good and warranted since many fans suspected the last album dropped HOV, it was all downhill from there. Well, thankfully, not quite seem to be better music, even without their core producer.

I have had maybe a good

It flows nicely... highly enjoyable in a dungen chill with ya main manz and blaze while doing our thang.

I'm just curious as to what Stoupe is going to do with his talents if this album is a hint that they're splitting? Who knows... Stoupe helped Canibus put forth his best work on Rip the Jacker... so we all know he could help the right selective up and coming or maybe already established act out there.

I mean think about it... a Kris Kross Stoupe combo would be a trainwreck, but say Stoupe combined with a yelawolf or as askward as it sounds some hook up with Slim Thug or Jadakiss could blaze some tracks. At the end of it all... Stoupe has sick en ough vision and behind the scences production sounds that could elevate just about any rapper to buzz'durm...

Say Stoupe with Killah Priest, while it would be dope as fu*k, would it really much attention?

I have listened to maybe half the album and will check the rest in time, I am very pleaed... much better than their last reslease of Violence Beget Violence. Trash on that one. Now we're coasting back into a true rap sound, and yes even without Stoupe... I hope all them guys find their place etc...

I talked about this album in another thread, and it may be my fav of theirs along with my fav hip hop album of the year (The Roots' new album gives it a run).

Every track bangs, I'm still not tired of this album.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I talked about this album in another thread, and it may be my fav of theirs along with my fav hip hop album of the year (The Roots' new album gives it a run).

Every track bangs, I'm still not tired of this album.
    its good to say the least...

Nice. I always dig their work.
    I've got tickets to see them (and Dilated Peoples) in February (I believe it is..), so I better play that new album.

This beast was released back in October of 2011. I just pulled it off the shelf the other day and gave it another listen. 45 minutes of time well spent. Eargasms every other track or so. Unlike a lot of other what I consider "modern day classics" (or at least classics by today's sub par standards) is every time this album is revisited it still sounds superb; it doesn't lose that *new car* smell if you know what I mean.

A lot of rap albums that come out have that new car smell/sound but after a couple dozen spins and just as many months later that new/freshness it once had naturally wears itself out. Not here. Not this one. It's like your dick finding cold mine snatch and when you come back a year later to mine and grind again shit is just as tight. Smell is still good, to the tongue it's scrumptious.

I hope their next album, like this one, features Jus Allah again. Damn dude came so grimy on here; actually out-shined Vinnie Paz. Amazingly, Stoupe left the group and the production values didn't decline. In fact, it's my opinion (and is shared by many others) this album is JMT's best produced album since Violent by Design. Hoping the instrumentals are just as dope on their next -release.

While we'-re talking about Stoupe here, does anyone know what dude's doing since his departure with JMT? Is he still doing rap records? Anyone remember when he produced Canibus' Rip the Jacker? Shit was too nice. It really showed the world all he (Canibus) really needed was a quality producer to put out a great product. Rip the Jacker was just that - a great product. It'd be a damn shame if a producer that talented wasn't making rap record anymore.

Imagine if Stoupe hooked up with a talent like Tech Nine? Their styles would mix well too, so don't give me that "they wouldn't make a good pair" crap, bc they would. Imagine if it were possible to have a GZA/Genius in his prime to work on a full-lenth album with Stoupe. Kool G Rap, Rakim. Point is, Stoupe and a large number of rap artists could make some really, REALLY good music.

It's like with Guru and Primo making up Gang Starr - as great as Guru is (was), the real force of the storm wasn't the guy holding the mic. It was the sound man. Jedi Mind Tricks, same.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    josh are you going to make an best of year list?
    I don't do these lists anymore. Not really worth it. Not enough interest with this new wave of emcees in the rap sea. I haven't kept up with it all like I did in my younger days. I don't download music illegally like I used to (Napster etc) and hardly ever buy (hard copy CD or downloads) music anymore. If I hear something new nine times out of ten it's either youtube or listening to the local hip hop radio station while driving I don't keep an ear to the street like I used to.

All I do anymore is walk up in various section 8 properties (day or night) randomly step into a cypher and like Skip Bayless UNLEASH my venom ...

... all over any and all bystanders. Immediately my presence is felt, hard. Within seconds heads are nodding, muthafu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]kers doing the whole "OH SHIT!" covering their moufs half ass dipping their stomach in and falling backwards then move forwards again followed by more "OOOOOOOOOH SHIT SON!" ... "WHITE BOY LIT YOU UP KID!" accompanied by shortiz droppin' that backside down to the concrete in those booty nets, shorts and pink Timberlands as I shatter these dudes whole mental existence on these here streets.

Candace is uncanny and they know it. One of them was hittin' the Swisher Sweet, handed it to his manz when it was his turn to spit, thought maybe he was comin' with that fire, but turns out I was just too damn intimidating - so instead of waiting my turn - I jumped in mid-spit rude as all fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]k and released them flames early bc it was simply his time to go. There was no use in prolonging the inevitable. It was his time to play Kano and me Scorpion; FINISH HIM, and FINISH HIM I did.

LOL, no but really doe. After I walked my corny no real skills having white ass up in that corner cypher it was more like:

Last edited by Josh; 01-19-2014 at 05:28 AM.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

You heard of a Canadian rapper named Belly?

I just moved to Canada and somebody put me on to him recently, never heard of him until then. Dude reminds me of Jedi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AvTwZ0DgxQ

I was thinking in my head "oh a Canadian rapper " but he aint bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuWbND5M6NI

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Josh
    This beast was released back in October of 2011. I just pulled it off the shelf the other day and gave it another listen. 45 minutes of time well spent. Eargasms every other track or so. Unlike a lot of other what I consider "modern day classics" (or at least classics by today's sub par standards) is every time this album is revisited it still sounds superb; it doesn't lose that *new car* smell if you know what I mean.

A lot of rap albums that come out have that new car smell/sound but after a couple dozen spins and just as many months later that new/freshness it once had naturally wears itself out. Not here. Not this one. It's like your dick finding cold mine snatch and when you come back a year later to mine and grind again shit is just as tight. Smell is still good, to the tongue it's scrumptious.

I hope their next album, like this one, features Jus Allah again. Damn dude came so grimy on here; actually out-shined Vinnie Paz. Amazingly, Stoupe left the group and the production values didn't decline. In fact, it's my opinion (and is shared by many others) this album is JMT's best produced album since Violent by Design. Hoping the instrumentals are just as dope on their next -release.

While we'-re talking about Stoupe here, does anyone know what dude's doing since his departure with JMT? Is he still doing rap records? Anyone remember when he produced Canibus' Rip the Jacker? Shit was too nice. It really showed the world all he (Canibus) really needed was a quality producer to put out a great product. Rip the Jacker was just that - a great product. It'd be a damn shame if a producer that talented wasn't making rap record anymore.

Imagine if Stoupe hooked up with a talent like Tech Nine? Their styles would mix well too, so don't give me that "they wouldn't make a good pair" crap, bc they would. Imagine if it were possible to have a GZA/Genius in his prime to work on a full-lenth album with Stoupe. Kool G Rap, Rakim. Point is, Stoupe and a large number of rap artists could make some really, REALLY good music.

It's like with Guru and Primo making up Gang Starr - as great as Guru is (was), the real force of the storm wasn't the guy holding the mic. It was the sound man. Jedi Mind Tricks, same.
    i love this album i was scared when i heard no stoupe but the producers they got fit their style very well. jus allah murdered the album my favorite track is willing a destruction onto humanity.