Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 05:46 PM   #6631
Maniak
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 22,650
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
Arthur-
actually very watchable, some nicely done drama and suprisingly restrained humour- the critical backlash is surely anti brand agenda, this was actually pretty good.
7/10
I agree. I dont like Brand very much, and he played the role well.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:51 PM   #6632
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 20,841
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Which one do you believe the most so far?

Probably that it was all a dream of Leo's during the plane ride and it was all a result of him getting over the loss of his wife. I have some doubts tho and like other ones like Leo is actually lost in limbo and his wife is trying to free him.

I like the analogy of it representing Nolan's film making process and the shared experience of a false reality that movie-goers are involved in.

Just a really fascinating and incredibly well made movie.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #6633
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,529
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Probably that it was all a dream of Leo's during the plane ride and it was all a result of him getting over the loss of his wife. I have some doubts tho and like other ones like Leo is actually lost in limbo and his wife is trying to free him.

I like the analogy of it representing Nolan's film making process and the shared experience of a false reality that movie-goers are involved in.

Just a really fascinating and incredibly well made movie.

I thought this at first but It's probably too obvious. It's just a simple role-reversal. Nolan is smarter than that.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #6634
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick
 
ukplayer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
I like the analogy of it representing Nolan's film making process and the shared experience of a false reality that movie-goers are involved in.




you are my dude so dont take offense but do you mind explaining both of these to me- i havent done any reading around inception because i just dont feel it warrants it, id strongly refute both of those thoughts, but maybe thats just because i didnt think it was great.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:12 PM   #6635
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness
 
Jailblazers7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 20,841
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
you are my dude so dont take offense but do you mind explaining both of these to me- i havent done any reading around inception because i just dont feel it warrants it, id strongly refute both of those thoughts, but maybe thats just because i didnt think it was great.

http://www.chud.com/24477/never-wake...-of-inception/

^that does a better job of hashing it out than I would.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #6636
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick
 
ukplayer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

ah yes, i came across this article when inception first opened, got half way through and tossed it out, i have been meaning to go back and read it properly tho....

now that i have seen inception twice i may read it and get back to you....
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #6637
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Thorpesaurous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,756
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
http://www.chud.com/24477/never-wake...-of-inception/

^that does a better job of hashing it out than I would.


That was a great read. I really like the filmmaker analogy.

I only saw it the one time, and frankly was underwhelmed. I really didn't like the whole second act as a means of explaining to the audience via Ariadne the entire process. I lost touch with it as it had to be explained so verbatum.

But I must admit that it warrants a second viewing. It's very possible I missed something that would make it click for me.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:33 PM   #6638
Maniak
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 22,650
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Decided to rent Ironman 2 to see it again, seeing as Im an Ironman fanboy.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #6639
vinsane01
National High School Star
 
vinsane01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: me live out here
Posts: 2,039
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Day of the dead.. 8/10

Really good zombie movie. And im not just saying that because it's a romero film. I liked it better than original dawn of the dead. Has some very gross moments that made me cringe, like the scene where the zombie tried to stand from the autopsy table and it's guts fell to the floor. Ugh..
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:15 PM   #6640
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,529
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Is anyone watching season 7 of Deadliest Catch?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:49 PM   #6641
Maniak
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 22,650
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Man, I give Ironman 2 the perfect 10. Although i dont know whats better between that and the first Ironman...

Also, seeing the ending makes me somewhat more excited for Thor, even though I dont expect a LOT from it.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #6642
baseketball4life
7-time NBA All-Star
 
baseketball4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,705
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Lincoln Lawyer : 9.5/10 fuc*king amazing movie to me, being a Justice Studies major and hopefully going to law school, all the terminology and all the subplots that had to do with the law end of things made this movie hit home even harder for me. Absolutely loved it, one of my favorite movies of all time just like that wow.

baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:02 AM   #6643
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 23,362
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Man, I give Ironman 2 the perfect 10. Although i dont know whats better between that and the first Ironman...

Also, seeing the ending makes me somewhat more excited for Thor, even though I dont expect a LOT from it.

I liked the first Iron Man a lot, but hated part 2. The whole movie felt like watching people built stuff and then had a let down of a final battle.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:20 AM   #6644
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 10,626
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukplayer4
if you are talking about the original, hang your head in shame cause its classic carpenter. the remake is apparently a huge steaming pile and 5/10 seems too generous

Yep, I bought that movie on a whim and then regretted doing so.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:21 AM   #6645
IGOTGAME
3-time NBA All-Star
 
IGOTGAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 10,408
Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
Lincoln Lawyer : 9.5/10 fuc*king amazing movie to me, being a Justice Studies major and hopefully going to law school, all the terminology and all the subplots that had to do with the law end of things made this movie hit home even harder for me. Absolutely loved it, one of my favorite movies of all time just like that wow.


word of advice. don't go to law school in this market.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy