Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here
Default Breathed a little life into my Wii yesterday.

So the Wii's been sitting around doing nothing for a while. I've got Skyward Sword, but haven't played it since my little cousins saved over my game file like the little shits they are. I'll get back around to it eventually. But i installed the Homebrew Channel on the Wii to put it to good use. I can basically download any game I want (only games that I own, of course ) and slap it on a hard drive to play. Any movies, TV shows, etc I download (legally, of course )can be played off the hard drive as well. SNES/Genesis/N64/NES emulators are all on there too. Definitely recommend it to anyone whose Wii has been collecting dust like mine was. Putting the Homebrew Channel on there is easy. The hard part is configuring operating systems to bypass the security that prevents you from using a HDD for media playback....and it's still not terribly difficult.

Brb, playing some New Super Mario Bros Wii.....my uh, physical copy had a big scratch on it.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Breathed a little life into my Wii yesterday.

is the wii still worth buy even though the wii 2 comes out sometime this fall?I feel like playing some mario kart and supersmahbros
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #3
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

But if you are just going to pirate and play homebrew, why even get a Wii then? You can play Wii games on your PC very, very easily.

BRB, playing New Super Mario Bros on my PC in 1080P.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #4
code green
C's Fan since Dee

code green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation herecode green has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
But if you are just going to pirate and play homebrew, why even get a Wii then? You can play Wii games on your PC very, very easily.

BRB, playing New Super Mario Bros on my PC in 1080P.

I would too, but I'm using a shitty laptop that has 2 GB of RAM and overheats. Funny thing is I tried running some games on here first and was pretty disappointed. That's why I worked on my Wii in the first place. I don't screw with emulators anyway. (I have an NES, SNES, N64, and Dreamcast plugged in right next to the Wii) I much prefer playing games with their actual controllers and don't have bluetooth on here to be able to do it with the Wii remote.

Plus I'm sort of a geek when it comes to this shit...learning how to do it and actually getting it to work was a pretty fun experience.
code green is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: