Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    NEVER forget da SONICS RainierBeachPoet's Avatar

Default Re: Dan Gilbert's open letter to Cavs fans

dan gilbert is my NEWEST nba hero

speak the truth my friend-- speak the truth

Local High School Star

LeBron didn't even have the balls to announce the decision in Akron or Cleveland

He scared

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by chopchop20
    All of the moves that Cleveland made were applauded during the offseason/regular season... it was never 2nd guessed until Cleveland lost in the playoffs
    Lets get one thing straight though .... 32-year-old Antwawn Jamison isn't Scottie Pippen circa 1996. Or Kareem circa 1985. Or Shaq circa 2000. etc. etc. etc.

The Cavs had an OK team.

Swap LeBron out for Kobe or Wade and I don't think they'd win the title either.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    "I will not leave the city of Cleveland until I have brought a championship here." -LeBron James
    "I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Anyone else think the "Decision" special on ESPN wasn't really LeBron's idea?

It seems like something his punk business managers (Mav Carter or whatever the f-ck his name is) pushed as a good idea.

Because he did not look comfortable or even all that happy to be doing that at all.

I think LeBron needs to cut that entourage off, he doesn't need them.
    Are you kidding me?

Of course it was LeBron's idea. This kind of spectacle is exactly what he wanted and exactly what he has been building to FOR YEARS. He looked uncomfortable because he isn't confident enough in his intellect to sit and answer unscripted questions for long periods of time.

He always looks semi-uncomfortable with a camera on him, because he probably knows that he is going to mispronounce or misuse a word, due to his third grade-level grammar.

But, there is absolutely no doubt that this was James' idea.... This kind of attention wh0ring is right in his wheelhouse.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    He is the first FA to handle things in such a public, callous way. Gilbert is obviously speaking openly when maybe the best thing would be to sleep on it and react in the morning, but he also speaks for a lot of people that are stunned by this 'decision.'

Make no mistake... LeBron 'went hard' on us before Gilbert fired back at him. This whole debacle which culminated in 'The Decision' was possibly the most pretentious, self-centered thing I have seen any sports figure do.
    I think that sums it up.
    The point is the WAY Lebron left.
    He did not rip the bandaid off quickly.
    NO, he dragged it out like torture... while self-promoting.
    Indeed, he chose to self promote over the feelings of his greatest fans.

Banned

i love the drama between CLE and MIA now

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Court Vision
    Why would he sign long term?! The franchise has been incompetent since day 1.
    Again...you are talking about a franchise that has sold out for the last 5 years, appeared in 2 ECF, 1 NBA Finals, and has the best record in the league for 2 straight years. Take all the stabs at our city, our weather, and our lack of championships, but this is hardly an incompetent franchise.

Seriously. Just go to bed.

LeBron didn't even have the balls to announce the decision in Akron or Cleveland

He scared
    Because they don't have TV's or internet there?

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

Im afraid for LeBron James' life in Ohio right now. he's gonna be hunted down by some nasty Cavalier fans once he touches into Akron or Cleveland.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Hotshoot's Avatar

When Izzo walked away from pot of money that Dan Gilbert offer him, should have been tip off for Cavs fan that Lebron would do the same as well.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Lets get one thing straight though .... 32-year-old Antwawn Jamison isn't Scottie Pippen circa 1996. Or Kareem circa 1985. Or Shaq circa 2000. etc. etc. etc.

The Cavs had an OK team.

Swap LeBron out for Kobe or Wade and I don't think they'd win the title either.
    Everybody said that signing Mo was a great thing. Same thing about Jameson...
    I'm just pointing out that the Cleveland organization tried and made moves that were deemed good at the time

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

All of the moves that Cleveland made were applauded during the offseason/regular season... it was never 2nd guessed until Cleveland lost in the playoffs
    What? Shaq? Mo Williams? Antawn "I don't defend" Jamison? Who the hell applauded those moves? And if you weren't 2nd guessing those moves, you really don't quite understand the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Noob Saibot
    Im afraid for LeBron James' life in Ohio right now. he's gonna be hunted down by some nasty Cavalier fans once he touches into Akron or Cleveland.
    lol remember when Reggie Miller's house was burned? And he was going to stay.

Banned

the guy is pathetic and lost it. hard to believe he s a grown man. was he drunk. lol at cavs wining a chip before bron does with miami. retarded. must have been drunk seriously. what a bunch of losers.