NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Good or bad? Traded Dwight+Westbrook for Millsap+Gortat

6 team league (so stacked teams), head to head.
    Pts, blks, stls, asts, reb, 3PM, Ft%, Fg%

My roster:
    Chris Paul
    Monta Ellis
    Kevin Durant
    Carmelo Anthony
    DeMarcus Cousins

Michael-Carter Williams
    OJ Mayo
    Kawhi Leonard
    Paul Millsap
    Andre Drummond
    DeAndre Jordan
    Jrue Holiday
    Jimmy Butler
    Kyle Korver
    Carlos Boozer
    Pau Gasol
    Mario Chalmers

I've been doing well in most categories, but Howard killed me at the line by missing about 5 free throws per game. I have a good amount of scoring, so Westbrook was kind of expendable since scoring was his biggest function. The combo of Millsap and Gortat seems like it should make up for Dwight's rebounding+blocks, which were the only real advantage he added (his FG% was decent too).

What do you think?

Serious playground baller Amar'e_Juwanna's Avatar

Default Re: Good or bad? Traded Dwight+Westbrook for Millsap+Gortat

Quote Originally Posted by Myth

My roster:
    Chris Paul
    Monta Ellis
    Kevin Durant
    Carmelo Anthony
    DeMarcus Cousins

Michael-Carter Williams
    OJ Mayo
    Kawhi Leonard
    Paul Millsap
    Andre Drummond
    DeAndre Jordan
    Jrue Holiday
    Jimmy Butler
    Kyle Korver
    Carlos Boozer
    Pau Gasol
    Mario Chalmers

I've been doing well in most categories, but Howard killed me at the line by missing about 5 free throws per game. I have a good amount of scoring, so Westbrook was kind of expendable since scoring was his biggest function. The combo of Millsap and Gortat seems like it should make up for Dwight's rebounding+blocks, which were the only real advantage he added (his FG% was decent too).

What do you think?
    Yes I agree Wesbrook is a narrow player and Millsap/Gortat are both dynamic players.

Very good NBA starter

My roster:
    Chris Paul
    Monta Ellis
    Kevin Durant
    Carmelo Anthony
    DeMarcus Cousins

Michael-Carter Williams
    OJ Mayo
    Kawhi Leonard
    Paul Millsap
    Andre Drummond
    DeAndre Jordan
    Jrue Holiday
    Jimmy Butler
    Kyle Korver
    Carlos Boozer
    Pau Gasol
    Mario Chalmers

What do you think?
    First off why are you in a chicken shit 6 team league? Bad trade IMO. You never want to trade quality and consistency for depth. I would have gone full tank mode on FT% since you already have Jordan and Drummond on your team. I would have moved Pau and Boozer while they still have value and assuming it's a 6 team league there must be better guys that Chalmers on the waiver wire.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    First off why are you in a chicken shit 6 team league? Bad trade IMO. You never want to trade quality and consistency for depth. I would have gone full tank mode on FT% since you already have Jordan and Drummond on your team. I would have moved Pau and Boozer while they still have value and assuming it's a 6 team league there must be better guys that Chalmers on the waiver wire.
    The league is filled only with people I know. It was supposed to be 8 but 2 didn't sign up in time.

Right now, I'm killing my league, and the only category I never win at is FT. Jordan and Drummond also shoot terrible FTs, but the difference is, they don't miss 5-6 per game. I can easily survive Drummond's ft% because he doesn't shoot enough to bring me down. If I drop Drummond and Jordan, then I will potentially risk finally losing blocks every week. Chalmers is there strictly as a boost for steals and assists and was a FA pick up when he was kicking ass at those, and he will be dropped once he goes in a slump. Boozer is playing damn well considering he was my last pick in the draft.

For example, this week (against 2nd place in the league who has a LeBron/A. Davis combo):
    I'm up nearly 100 points, 14 blocks (Dwight had 15, but Millsap/Gortat combo can make that up, but dropping Drummond/Jordan would really swing this away from my favor), 17 steals, 50 assists, about 100 rebounds, only 2 threes (my guys are really off this week), and FG%.

However, I'm losing FT%. Most days I'm winning until Dwight's game starts. He has missed 15 free throws this week. Although Drummond and Jordan suck at this, they don't shoot enough to bring down what Durant/Melo and others do like Howard does. Drummond has missed 2 while Jordan has missed 7. I may look to move them, but they weren't killing me the way Howard was.

Very good NBA starter

The league is filled only with people I know. It was supposed to be 8 but 2 didn't sign up in time.

Right now, I'm killing my league, and the only category I never win at is FT. Jordan and Drummond also shoot terrible FTs, but the difference is, they don't miss 5-6 per game. I can easily survive Drummond's ft% because he doesn't shoot enough to bring me down. If I drop Drummond and Jordan, then I will potentially risk finally losing blocks every week. Chalmers is there strictly as a boost for steals and assists and was a FA pick up when he was kicking ass at those, and he will be dropped once he goes in a slump. Boozer is playing damn well considering he was my last pick in the draft.

For example, this week (against 2nd place in the league who has a LeBron/A. Davis combo):
    I'm up nearly 100 points, 14 blocks (Dwight had 15, but Millsap/Gortat combo can make that up, but dropping Drummond/Jordan would really swing this away from my favor), 17 steals, 50 assists, about 100 rebounds, only 2 threes (my guys are really off this week), and FG%.

However, I'm losing FT%. Most days I'm winning until Dwight's game starts. He has missed 15 free throws this week. Although Drummond and Jordan suck at this, they don't shoot enough to bring down what Durant/Melo and others do like Howard does. Drummond has missed 2 while Jordan has missed 7. I may look to move them, but they weren't killing me the way Howard was.
    I see what you're saying, but I'm not in favour of losing consistent guys. Milsap is a stud, but Gortat doesn't have the upside I'd want if you're giving up Westbrook and Dwight. I have Jordan and Drummond in one league and I get killed in FT's every week, but I'm cool with that because I know I'll have a strong rebounding and blocks advantage. I have Gasol and he's been an absolute scrubbed moved him in a couple leagues. Boozer always teases, but he's a big man that won't get you any blocks. Smaller leagues makes things a lot easier though.