Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #106
Peteballa
Go Gators

Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: MVP is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
bulls - rose = fringe playoff team : rose adds like 20 wins
heat - james = high playoff seed : lebron adds like 10 wins

lebron is a better player, rose adds more value

in a vacuum lebron is better, more valuable whatever

the mvp is definitely flawed, but rose is mvp going on consistent criteria

this sums up my feelings
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:21 PM   #107
Peteballa
Go Gators

Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingdeath
I've written something about this a few months ago but unfortunately, ISH will never get a f*cking search engine.

Haha yeah it sucks. Btw, my post about Dirk; it was out of character, and, to be honest, fairly uninformed. I apologize. All I remembered was him folding in game 6 and I thought of him on a dime. However, he wasn't an undeserving MVP.
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #108
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteballa
Proof - Jordan would have won it every year he was in the league if the award actually meant something.

MVP always goes to the "feel good" player of the year, the one that feels like he should be MVP.

Rose - Young, up and coming superstar, team has best record in the East, voters see no reason not to vote for him.

Except for the fact that, as great as Rose is, he isn't quite in the LeBron, Kobe tier of skill and impact. He just isn't the "most valuable player".

However, this argument is made every year. There are always people pointing out how flawed this award is, yet every season around this time there are heated debates about who should be the MVP, even though it really doesn't matter because the award is a joke.

PS - About Rose, I am not a Rose hater. I think he will win a few MVP's over the course of his career. I just believe this is premature and the credit for the Bulls success should be awarded elsewhere, like COTY (Thibs), and not an undeserved MVP; because, face it, as talented and already potent Rose is, he isn't the most valuable player in the NBA.
The only time MJ was screwed out of a MVP award was when Barkley acquired it.
But 'your feel good' assumption has little cred , unless what you are refering to is that the coachs media and the NBA really recognize the spotlight on a player and hands down he not only impacted his team , team play , but garnered the respect from all of the NBA players.

This year Rose has made a statement , by his rising play and pushing his team to elite status.
Should his PG play shoot first , distribute 1a be deemed less efficient , than say the last two time MVP Lebron James , who's numbers has dropped , and might have become a better player compared to the last two years where he was the focal point of the Cav's ??

This year there is by the narrowist of margins a clear cut favorite , and currently it is Rose.
The league has an astounding number of elite players playing at an elite level , but unless your franchise is either 1 or 2 in the conference standings ,, the MVP more than likely will be choosen right there , because of the impact the team and player had throughout the season. Making a huge push as the Bulls have done , gives the cred to Rose even more.
While the Bulls IMO aren't in the same elite value as Boston , Lakers , Spurs and maybe the Heat .... those above 4 teams would gladly relinquish the MVP from any and all of their players to insure less minutes and pumped stats to excel in the playoffs for a championship run.

Think back to Dirk and his MVP year, and how deflated his MVP looked after the 1 and out run in the playoffs.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #109
Ikill
i be killah swag

Ikill has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
bulls - rose = fringe playoff team : rose adds like 20 wins
heat - james = high playoff seed : lebron adds like 10 wins

lebron is a better player, rose adds more value

in a vacuum lebron is better, more valuable whatever

the mvp is definitely flawed, but rose is mvp going on consistent criteria
10 wins i don't even know about that the Heat are probably going to end up winning 57 to 59 games so without Lebron there going to only win 47 to 49 games.
Ikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:30 PM   #110
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteballa
Haha yeah it sucks. Btw, my post about Dirk; it was out of character, and, to be honest, fairly uninformed. I apologize. All I remembered was him folding in game 6 and I thought of him on a dime. However, he wasn't an undeserving MVP.
No problem, dude, sometimes it's just part of the label that Dirk still has, I guess.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #111
Pointguard
NBA sixth man of the year

Pointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePointguard is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I've written something about this a few months ago but unfortunately, ISH will never get a f*cking search engine.

I definitely am under the impression that they have one cause some people pulled things up from like 5 years ago. I think you need a kabillion post to do it.
Pointguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #112
BlackJoker23
Local High School Star

BlackJoker23 has no real reputation yet.

I'd probably give the MVP to Rose at this point. This is a pretty weak year, though. No dominant candidate out there.

Dwight's the only one who can really challenge Rose but Orlando won't be top 3 in the conference so that basically eliminates him.

Dirk hasn't been himself after the injury and his raw stats aren't very appealing due to various reasons. He's still a better player than Rose but not as good of an MVP candidate.

LeBron and Wade don't really have any chance of winning MVP. Kobe doesn't qualify either because he's not as "valuable" as Rose despite being a better player.

Rose has been playing really good ball and carrying the Bulls offensively. Their defense is great but lets not act like Rose isn't a part of the scheme.
BlackJoker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:14 AM   #113
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointguard
I definitely am under the impression that they have one cause some people pulled things up from like 5 years ago. I think you need a kabillion post to do it.
Nah, you can subscribe to certain threads.. but not quite a replacement for a search engine.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:24 AM   #114
PurpleChuck
Banned

PurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPurpleChuck is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Nah, you can subscribe to certain threads.. but not quite a replacement for a search engine.
lol creeping!

same fate bruh, lost an avy bet too.
PurpleChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:32 AM   #115
chips93

Quote:

you can try this:

http://www.insidehoops.com/basketball-info.shtml
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: