Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Default Re: Why is Michael Jordan considered an A-Hole off the court?

Because he is the one of the biggest douches in basketball history.

Quote Originally Posted by winwin
    what's with MJ hate threads from Lebrick prostitutes these days?
    This has nothing to do with lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    This is ridiculous now. How do you have so much insite into my fandom? I've been a Heat fan since moving to Miami in 03', this is a fact and I really could care less if you believe it or not.
    That's how 95% of Heat "fans" are. The odds aren't really in your favor. Seeing you joined just after the Heat championship too doesn't help your case either. When LeBron goes back to Cleveland in 2014 you'll leave with him, I guarantee that.

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    That's how 95% of Heat "fans" are. The odds aren't really in your favor. Seeing you joined just after the Heat championship too doesn't help your case either. When LeBron goes back to Cleveland in 2014 you'll leave with him, I guarantee that.
    Whatever, like I said, I don't have a "case" to prove. I don't about the Heat fans that are bandwagoners, but I know I'm not one of them. I was never even a Lebron fan before he came to Miami. I respected him but I always thought he took the spotlight from Wade all those years. Like I said, think what you want though.

Banned

Registration for the site opened on june again.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    I'd probably tell Chamillionaire to f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck off too.

Not that I don't agree about the bandwagon Heat fans.. (Not saying NotaBosh is one of them). But isn't it somewhat common to follow your favorite player from team to team ? I know I actually rooted for the Wizards once.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blingster
    Lemme play devils advocate..

You are the best basketball in the world. You are known world wide, one of the most marketable faces in the world.

Everywhere you go, everything you do, everything you say is under a microscope. Whenever you are not in a controlled environment such as your business (restaurants, car dealerships, ect) every and their second brothers cousin wants to talk to you.. Jordan is now 50 years old. For 30 years he has had to deal with this type of celebrity status.

Now; I know some will say that he has done this for so long. he should be used to it by now. At what point is it ok to say enough? I think back to the Eminem song " I can't take a shit in bathroom with out someone standing by it" This is true to the nth degree. Give the guy some slack.

Let this be a lesson to all the kiddos..

Don't try to meet your idols! chances are they are assholes, they will totally ruin your perception of them. In my case, Allen Iverson .

I'm not saying that it's ok to be this way, but I understand.
    Maybe.

Maybe it is normal to act this way if you are a huge celebrity who is constantly harrased.

So the best way to judge him is to compare him to other celebs. And I don't here this stuff about Magic or Bird...or Jerry Rice or Barry Sanders...or Will Smith or Tom Cruise.

The thing to remember is that 99% of celebrities are pieces of shit. Usually, they HAVE to be. Imagine if you had to be polite to every single person who pesters you?

That said, Jordan was a scumbag with regard to how he treated his teammates. He's probably the Donald Trump of the NBA. Ridiculously successful at what he does, but just pure dogshit as a human being.

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

Yes, he's probably a dick. He's an ultra competitor with an enormous ego and would likely think little of the wants or needs of other people. It's one of the qualities that made him so great. That and having pretty much every single person for the last 30 years ask for his autograph and want to be his friend has to be irritating. So yea, I can imagine he's a dick.

I love to watch him play, who he is off the court is irrelevant to me.

College superstar

asshole>rapist
    this.

Decent playground baller KingMichael23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87
    this.
    That's not rape. C'mon now. She never said "no."

Dunking on everybody in the park Djahjaga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    I think he's a good guy because of the way he acknowledges the guy in this video

http://nba.si.com/2012/11/14/michael-jordan-dunk/

and also because of the way he acknowledges the interviewer who got pushed out by CBS in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbLEoLfiAPc

Letting him know that he remembers, etc.
    Not to be a d*ck, but cameras were around him in both of those instances. Not to mention that "helping" out the photographer helped further his own legend.

Local High School Star

He's the greatest competitor off all time, you have to be an asshole to be like that.

Local High School Star Ol Dirty Bastard's Avatar

Michael Jordan wouldn't sign my pair of III's

He simply doesnt care about kissing up to the public eye anymore. He doesnt have much to lose. His legacy is set in stone. Theres nothing he can do outside of a felony to destroy it.

This is the real Michael Jordan. and He can be free to express himself. Douche or not, I find it hilarious. He truly just doesnt give a damn.