Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-01-2008, 02:19 PM   #1
Interminator
Banned

Default BJ Mullens or Blake Griffin?

If you're a true Grizzlies fan you already know for sure we should not expect much each season so since we will be in the Top 5 of the Lottery who would you rather draft?

We're going for either a 4 or a 5 no matter what unless Arthur or Gasol has a huge rookie season and solidifies their position.

I'd rather draft BJ Mullens,from all accounts he's a big strong athletic C who physically goes up for boards and can run the court.Adding Mullens could allow us to move Darko next offseason as a $7 Million expirer to maybe bring in a reserve swingman.

I'm sorry but i lack of optimism for this season,we're in a division with 4 50 Win teams and we're in the bottom 3 of teams in the Western Conference.

Romero Osby could potentially be a target depending on how good his freshman season is.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Default Re: BJ Mullens or Blake Griffin?

What we need is rebounding and defense. I say, draft who ever brings those two things.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:14 PM   #3
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

Bj Mullens is a very special player. Guys with his size and athleticism usually are one trick ponies but he has very good footwork and some nice post moves. Mullens would be the perfect fit for you guys and I don't see another center like him coming along anytime soon. Griffin is a very good player but I think pfs are easier to come by than centers. Unless griffin grows another 2 inches, I think you guys should take Mullens
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:35 AM   #4
berraco
Darko The Ripper

Mullens looks as the selection. But having in mind that Memphis is never getting any luck in the lottery, we should target someone that could fall from the top 3.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
jailer
MillionDollarException

Um both of those guys have the chance at being picked first. We will probably end up with the fifth pick again meaning we will probably get hasheem thabeet.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 05:53 PM   #6
Grizzled Mayo
I brick open layups

Man there is like four really talented big men next year in the draft we should be stacked with talent come 2010
Grizzled Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: