Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 12-08-2006, 12:42 AM   #271
Younggrease
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Webb
Exactly, he acts like hes an elite player. He's

i like that, would you rather him be meek and scared.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:49 AM   #272
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
you know the saddest thing about all this? it wasn't even a sellout. the always good Kidd/Nash matchup, and two high octane teams, and NJ couldn't even muster 17,000 attendees? ouch.

A lot of that had to do with the fact that there was a traffic jam in the tunnel leading out of NYC so transportation to the stadium was stalled.

I didn't get there until five minutes left in the 2nd, and I left at 7pm.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:58 AM   #273
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
Because PHX. has won 10 out of 11, is scoring on all cylinders, and they are very excited that PHX just beat NJ. Don't read much into it.

HOWEVER. I understand the logic. This team, when dedicated, is a SERIOUSly better defensive team than 04-05 bunch. With more weapons off the bench.

And this:

04-05 Amare> Amare now
04-05 Joe Johnson<Diaw now ((I said 04-05 JJ. I'd take him over Diaw now))
Marion=Marion
Q< Bell ((Bell is as good as a shooter, a better SCORER, and much better defender. Also, when we needed him last year, he delivered, especially in the playoffs against the Clips. Q was NOWHERE to be seen))
04-05 Nash<Nash now (( Nash has just gotten better. period))

Barbosa is MUCH better than what he was back then coming off the bench
Kurt Thomas >>>> Steven Hunter
And give me the potential in Rose, Jones, Banks, and Jumaine Jjones over...Walter McCarty.

As you see, the reasoning is there. Now, its just the results that we are waiting for.

Greatr analysis Waves.

If I was black I would buy a can of 'sportin waves' and put it in my hair in your honor
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:21 AM   #274
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Quote:
Because PHX. has won 10 out of 11, is scoring on all cylinders, and they are very excited that PHX just beat NJ. Don't read much into it.

HOWEVER. I understand the logic. This team, when dedicated, is a SERIOUSly better defensive team than 04-05 bunch. With more weapons off the bench.

And this:

04-05 Amare> Amare now
Marion=Marion
Q< Bell ((Bell is as good as a shooter, a better SCORER, and much better defender. Also, when we needed him last year, he delivered, especially in the playoffs against the Clips. Q was NOWHERE to be seen))

Barbosa is MUCH better than what he was back then coming off the bench
Kurt Thomas >>>> Steven Hunter
And give me the potential in Rose, Jones, Banks, and Jumaine Jjones over...Walter McCarty.

As you see, the reasoning is there. Now, its just the results that we are waiting for.
Spot on my friend. . Amare was a 9.5 then and he's an 8.5 now. I think he'll be at least a 9 by the time the playoffs comes.

JJ was injured during that Spurs series. Give me a healthy Diaw over an injured 04/05 JJ. Of course I'm also assuming that Diaw starts getting into shape and playing better. He was a BEAST in the playoffs, and hopefully he will be back to that level come the 2007 playoffs.

This team COULD be better then the 2005 and team if Amare continues to improve and Diaw gets back into shape they WILL be better. If things remain the way there are now (Diaw still in a funk, Amare at a mere 20/10) I would probably choose the 2005 team.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:31 AM   #275
Zombles
Local High School Star

Nash

I just don't get why people could ever hate on the Suns when they watch a game like this. ***** about no defense, ***** about a lack of effort, but you will never see the offensive end of basketball executed with as much skill and athleticism as you did tonight.

and I agree with Blackwaves and A-Roc, this years Sun's team has the potential to be, and should be, better if healthy.

This year's team can play defense.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:40 AM   #276
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Wink Homer logic at its finest!

Quote:
Agreed.

Quote:
And this:
04-05 Amare> Amare now
Marion=Marion

*buzzer*

Doesn't work that way.

If you think you can break down each team to its constituents, and decide which one is more talented or superior individually, and then add up the checkpoint for each team, and deduce that the team with most must be better, then you've arrived at a false conclusion.

You can never argue from individual cases to a general case. Just because you determine each baboon to be cowardly doesn't mean the entire pack is cowardly. They could instantly become aggressive when in a pack.

This logic didn't work with the USA Team vs the Greek National basketball team. Individually, the US had superior talent, no question. The sum of those parts wasn't plain old arithmetic, that's plain.

Another way to look at it is that the '05 team performed at levels very few other teams ever did. We can wait until the end of this season to compare teams stats, given the limited sample size this year. I mean, the bad start could be too much of a factor, OR, the good streak lately could also be a mirage.
Quote:

You mean "homer logic." The reasoning only follows from evidence, not from half-baked speculations riding on a specious case of 1 to 1 individual talent comparison.

Come back at me with something more substantial.
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:42 AM   #277
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

This was the 4th highest scoring game in the history of the NBA.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:43 AM   #278
son_of_van_gundy
I airball my layups

Probably the most insanely entertaining games recently. Nash and Kidd were just incredible. Need to have this on DVD!!!
son_of_van_gundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: