Page 47 of 130 FirstFirst ... 37444546474849505797 ... LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: 2012/13 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    I love Dakich's bluntness...even if he can be outright mean at times. lol

And don't cry about Harris. Be happy that he's helping MSU win.
    I'll cry until whenever Harris goes pro. That was a massive recruiting loss for Purdue. Both parents went there, mom has her number in the rafters, stayed in state with their son. Class family, good kid, all that. None of the "give me a bag of cash and my dad a job on the staff" stuff.

And Painter missed on him. MSU's obviously a top tier program, not like he went to Penn State or something, but it was a major gut check.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I'll cry until whenever Harris goes pro. That was a massive recruiting loss for Purdue. Both parents went there, mom has her number in the rafters, stayed in state with their son. Class family, good kid, all that. None of the "give me a bag of cash and my dad a job on the staff" stuff.

And Painter missed on him. MSU's obviously a top tier program, not like he went to Penn State or something, but it was a major gut check.
    God, I hope the Wiggins recruitment goes similarly.

I didn't follow his recruitment, but I was always under the impression that he was going to MSU or Indiana. Didn't know the legacy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    God, I hope the Wiggins recruitment goes similarly.

I didn't follow his recruitment, but I was always under the impression that he was going to MSU or Indiana. Didn't know the legacy stuff.
    That's what I mean. I mean I don't want to go on a rant about the program I'm the only one on this site cares about, but Purdue's seriously ****ed now. There was a minute there after the Kelvin Sampson debacle and the Hummel/Johnson/Moore class that Purdue could have really gone neck and neck with IU in the state. They'd never take over Indiana like IU's capable of (and basically have), but could have legitimately put themselves on the same level. But Painter followed that class with multiple years of just straight shit. I'm talking about the best recruits in the class being guys I've played at the local rec and at least held my own, and I barely started at a nothing high school.

The dude ****ing blew it, and the program's never going to recover. I adore Gene Keady, but capping out at an Elite 8 every 6 or so years is nowhere near good enough. IU's IU, they're going to get top tier Indiana kids, I'm just resigned to it because other than Glenn Robinson (good luck pulling a Gary kid IU) they always have, but it's not like Indiana only has 4 elite kids per class. And now Painter's letting Izzo and Pitino and Calipari and Beilein (****in John Beilein!) come in and pluck whoever they want. Shit the guy can't even outrecruit Stevens at tiny ass Butler these days.

I don't know, it's just really, really disappointing. The entire culture of Purdue University needs to get out of the 1960s, and I don't mean the fun parts of the 60s.

just had to get it out I guess lol. it's just such a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    I love Dakich's bluntness...even if he can be outright mean at times. lol

And don't cry about Harris. Be happy that he's helping MSU win.
    finally

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    He was an awesome non-factor when he came to the Peterson Events Center
    got fried by rutgers.....lmfao....omg

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

dont forget about Branden Dawson.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    dont forget about Branden Dawson.
    I didn't. But I'm not upset given what I understand about his recruitment.

It seems like once or twice a season some ACC opponent hits a halfcourt buzzer beater at halftime when they play UNC. A Virginia player just hit a runner a few feet in ront of halfcourt and there were UNC players all around him when he shot it. Virginia is shooting 63% from the floor and they're 8/13 from three compared to 43% and 6/17 from three for UNC and it's still a tied game.

Wow...was Nerlens Noel that big of a difference maker? Kentucky is losing to Tennessee 35-14.

UNC just scored 93 points against a Virginia team only giving up 52 PPG.

PJ Hairston in the lineup has changed everything. EVERYTHING.

We should have beat the #2 team in arguably the toughest environment in college basketball if the bench provides anything (let's be real, they were a negative in almost every aspect), or we aren't unusually cold from the 3pt line, or even if we just shoot a respectable ft%.

Destroyed one of the best defensive teams in the country.

-He's the alpha this team has sorely missed all year.
    -The spacing opens up huge lanes for McAdoo and Dex. I mean, Dex is playing really well on offense.
    -We went from 3v5 to 5v5 on offense with a single player change.
    -Pressure is off Bullock to be someone he's not. He's a great role player, not the alpha.

It's amazing that we have been keeping the leading scorer on the bench.

PJ needs to focus a little bit more on defense (tends to help off way too much), but he still comes up with highlight blocks, can box out anyone with his strength, and might be the best at taking charges on this team.

Oh, and Joe Harris can ball. He's going to be a good NBA player and I'm not even sure if he's on the radar. Love his game and that's twice he's killed anyone we put on him.

I wasn't at this nova game because of work but wow....I'm so depressed right now

Interesting things happening at UK. Nevermind the blowout, there's a blow up about to happen between Cal and Archie Goodwin.

And this quote just appeared...

Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello
    Message sent. RT @TWalkerRivals: "We have a couple guys that are un-coachable," Calipari said.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 02-16-2013 at 04:41 PM.

NC State had a 43-7 edge in FTA today against Virginia Tech.