Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
    Great college starter

Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain free throw dunks:

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Kareem 6 rings
    Wilt 2 rings

next

Kareem's highest scoring seasons EVER came in Chamberlain's last 3 years...when Jabbar was just a "skinny kid", yet he was 23,24,25 years old at the time......

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak
    this doesnt make sense
    Sure it does. My grandpa told me this and he doesn't lie.

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    At the time they played each other.......Wilt 2 rings....Kareem 1 ring, NEXT.......

****ing idiot

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    My grandpa once told me that Wilt would dunk from so far away, that they decided to create a 3 point line.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    Around the same time Wilt was also putting up ridiculously impressive broad jump numbers that are understood to be as far as 22 feet. For comparison purposes almost all high school track athletes can not reach 22 feet in a running long jump and Wilt is reported to have reached that length from a stationary standing broad jump position.
    You realize this blows up everything you've said? The free throw line is 15 feet from the backboard. If he could broad jump 22 feet, he should be able to dunk without steps.

The farthest broad jump I could find in the NFL combine is Calvin Johnson with 11' 7". You expect me to believe someone almost doubled that?

Great college starter

****ing idiot

....that is the same argument you'd be using if it was 1973 on InsideHoops Forums.......

Great college starter

That wasn't funny at all....

Quote Originally Posted by taucesays
    You realize this blows up everything you've said? The free throw line is 15 feet from the backboard. If he could broad jump 22 feet, he should be able to dunk without steps.

The farthest broad jump I could find in the NFL combine is Calvin Johnson with 11' 7". You expect me to believe someone almost doubled that?
    Wilt long-jumped 22'8" as a PR... no it wasn't standing it was running. Don't let misinformation kill everything.

He placed 1st place in the Philadelphia city-league high-jump his sophomore year in HS with a jump of 5'10"

He placed 1st place in the Philadelphia city-league high-jump his senior year in HS with a jump of 6'2

He also had a PR of 46' 2.5" as a freshman at KU Relays for the triple jump (ineligible to place however, due to age)
    He competed in High Jump (ineligible) as a freshmen for 6'4.75"

He Triple Jumped 45' 9" as a sophomore for 3rd place at KU Relays
    High Jumped 6'6 to tie for first place.

High Jumped 6'6.25 at Drake Relays for first place

High Jumped 6'5 at Kansas State Big-Seven tournament and won first place

And his Junior season:
    High Jumped 6'6.75" at Kansas State Big-Eight indoor track tournament and tied for first place

When Wilt's athleticism claims get out of hand it causes people to think "none of it" was true. Don't belive the 22 foot standing long jump obviously. But don't dismiss the ACTUAL accountable events that happened either.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 02-26-2012 at 06:37 PM.

jlauber, CavaliersFTW, and WillC might have Alzheimers

They think it's 1971 or something the way that they keep talking about a dead guy

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Wilt long-jumped 22'8" as a PR... no it wasn't standing it was running. Don't let misinformation kill everything.

He also had a PR of 46' 2.5" as a freshman at KU Relays for the triple jump (ineligible to place however, due to age)

He Triple Jumped 45' 9" as a sophomore for 3rd place at KU Relays
    High Jumped 6'6 to tie for first place.

High Jumped 6'6.25 at Drake Relays for first place

High Jumped 6'5 at Kansas State Big-Seven tournament and won first place

And his Junior season:
    High Jumped 6'6.75" at Kansas State Big-Eight indoor track tournament and won first place

When Wilt's athleticism claims get out of hand is what causes people to think "none of it" was true. Don't belive the 22 foot standing long jump bullshit. But don't dismiss the ACTUAL accountable events that happened either.

22' feet isn't very far for the long jump. UCLA has a wide receiver who can break 24'

I can't find any reliable sources about his long jumps but many places claim he could triple jump over 50'. Mike Connelly Sr. owns the world record for triple jump at 58' 3.25". He was able to 2 handed slam from 5' 7" behind the free throw line with a full court running start. I'm not saying Wilt wasn't a beast, I'm sure he could do something similarly impressive. But lets not go and believe everything.
    Last edited by taucesays; 02-26-2012 at 06:44 PM.

22' feet isn't very far for the long jump. UCLA has a wide receiver who can break 24'

22'8" is very impressive for a teenager.

It isn't worthy for a big Track school like KU though, Hence Wilt didn't compete in the long jump in the NCAA - only in HS.

I can't find any reliable sources about his long jumps but many places claim he could triple jump over 50'. Mike Connelly Sr. owns the world record for triple jump at 58' 3.25". He was able to 2 handed slam from 5' 7" behind the free throw line with a full court running start. I'm not saying Wilt wasn't a beast, I'm sure he could do something similarly impressive. But lets not go and believe everything.
    I don't care what other sources claim. I have KU and Philadelphia city-league info that comes straight from that time period. Not sources from the 2000's that have been skewed by 50 years time. It's like the telephone game, the information passes enough times through peoples mouths and by the end of the line it's not the same as it used to be.

Great college starter

....no he didn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqymSa79vqg

NOT....EVEN>>>>CLOSE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

22'8" is very impressive for a teenager.

It isn't worthy for a big Track school like KU though, Hence Wilt didn't compete in the long jump in the NCAA - only in HS.
    The 2011 California state champion long jumper hit 23' 4" in prelims and won with a distance of 22' 3.25". Wilt was definitely a great athlete but still on the same level as great athletes of today.

Decent playground baller

holy shit, im surprised these 2 douchebags aren't banned or at least warned