Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-11-2006, 11:46 PM   #1
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default Kylie Minogue Is Back And Well.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/...alia_Kylie.php

Kylie Minogue makes triumphant and teary return to Australian stage after cancer

The Associated Press

Published: November 11, 2006

SYDNEY, Australia: Kylie Minogue has made a triumphant and sometimes teary return to the stage 18 months after a battle with breast cancer began.

Reviews in the Australian press Sunday of the London-based diva's three-hour Sydney concert before a sellout crowd of 10,000 adoring fans Saturday night were overwhelmingly positive.

"Because of her health considerations post-cancer, Minogue's dance routines were noticeably less rigorous than before," Sydney's The Sun-Herald newspaper said. "But it took nothing away from the excitement of the show."

An emotional Minogue, wearing an elaborate feathered headdress, held back tears Saturday as she thanked fans for their support during the first concert of her renamed "Showgirl Homecoming Tour."

I have thought about this moment for a long time," the diminutive 38-year-old Australian told the cheering audience.

"And I tried to practice in my head what I was going to say I couldn't prepare anything, I really couldn't," she said.

"Generally I am, like, 10 minutes late ... this is officially fashionably late, a year-and-a-half, but I mean fashionably," she added.

The 2004 Grammy winner was diagnosed with cancer days before she was due to start the final leg of her "The Showgirl World Tour" in her homeland following a hectic European schedule.

She plans a more relaxed 20 shows over five weeks in Australia before taking this less structured version of the stage extravaganza back to Europe, playing dates in Britain from Jan. 2.

She launched her comeback concert with her classic hit "Better The Devil You Know."

Minogue went on to sing dance smash "In Your Eyes," as well as a new song, "White Diamond," which she penned with the American kitsch disco group The Scissor Sisters.

An energetic Minogue also rolled out favorites "On A Night Like This," "Shocked," "Spinning Around" and "Confide In Me."

"Dad, you're in the audience, this is for you," a teary Minogue said to her father Ron Minogue as she launched into "Especially For You."

Minogue was diagnosed with breast cancer in May last year. She underwent successful surgery in her hometown of Melbourne that month, followed by five months of chemotherapy in Paris, where her French actor boyfriend, Olivier Martinez, has a home.

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/...alia_Kylie.php
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 02:42 PM   #2
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

what no pictures???

lol

seriously i dont rate kylie, she got that horse mouth thing going on, nice ass though, but really overated IMO
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:15 PM   #3
MoPet24
I hit open layups

MoPet24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
what no pictures???

lol

seriously i dont rate kylie, she got that horse mouth thing going on, nice ass though, but really overated IMO

Not really :confused:
MoPet24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: