Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 02-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #16
1manfastbreak
B A Y A R E A , C A

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: I think it was just a phase...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
I'm 19.

come on bru, 19? Thats waaay to young to already be feeling sorry for yourself and saying you messed up your life. i really don't know the extent of your situation but sht u got ur whole life ahead of you.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:15 PM   #17
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

carpevicis has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I'm 19.

What's been wrong with my life? Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying that I am homeless or that I'm drug addict or something. I just blew everything pretty much with stupid mistakes. I'm not where I should be, and I am nowhere near close to where I REALISTICALLY expected to be. I love basketball like you guys, but the fun isnt there. I dont know if I need a break, or if once I move past these(if I ever) problems it will come back.

If it's not fun, you should try and take a break, and see if you can find something else you like to do. You might even decide to return to basketball after a while. 19 is a prime age to do anything, so you should take advantage before you get too old and regret not doing everything you could when you had the chance.

If basketball's not as fun anymore, maybe it's because you spent too much time with it. Just give it a little break and you will return if you really want to and like to play.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:04 AM   #18
Shoo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Shoo has an OK reputation so far

Believe me... You'll be back. Just think of this as a sabbatical. I know how you feel, too. I went in a huge slump and had a string of games where I was by far the worst player on the court. I almost had a nervous breakdown due to other factors in my life. But then just when I thought I was going to give up, I started playing up to my potential again, and even though I wasn't "on fire", just getting into a rhythm and seeing improvement... What a rush.

It's addicting.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:01 PM   #19
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
come on bru, 19? Thats waaay to young to already be feeling sorry for yourself and saying you messed up your life. i really don't know the extent of your situation but sht u got ur whole life ahead of you.

My therapist says otherwise. I am coming apart at the seams. I have to admit there is something legitimately wrong with me at this point. I've got some stuff to deal with. The fun is back in the game though, I played some ball early with some older guys and it was the first time I smiled in weeks. That's good sign.

I guess.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #20
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
My therapist says otherwise. I am coming apart at the seams. I have to admit there is something legitimately wrong with me at this point. I've got some stuff to deal with. The fun is back in the game though, I played some ball early with some older guys and it was the first time I smiled in weeks. That's good sign.

ill let the emoticons do the talking:

Translation/Walkthrough: Haha, your a dope. Seriously? You think life is messed up and irreparable? No you dummie, ive been there before. Whos to say if mines worse then yours was, but I remember (still fighting through it a bit) the angst and pressure. Its tough, and sometimes you gotta bite your lip to hold back the tears, but if every day in every way you get a little bit better then soon you'll be back on your pimp game.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: