Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-23-2007, 12:00 AM   #1
Drazen_Petrovic
Decent playground baller

Drazen_Petrovic has an OK reputation so far
Default Nets Games on PC

Okay,
Just an update. The program I used was able to convert the DVR file into a divx file, encoded as an avi. It took a 3.2 gig file and compressed it down to a little less than 900MB. For some reason the auto commercial skipper did not work, and from what i read on the forums, there is a bug with it. So I would have to manually edit out the software. Does anyone know of any simple to use software that I could do this with. I just tried a trial edition of ULEAD somthing, and it basically would freeze up my PC. I am on my new PC now, and perhaps it would run better on this. I need to migrate a bunch of stuff over.
Anyway. If we can't get any hosting for the files, what I can do is winrar the game into 100 or 200 MB chunks, and I'll put them on www.yousendit.com. Everyone then can go there and download the pieces.
I will work on getting all the software and my DVR stuff migrated onto this new computer tomorrow morning before work. Hopefully, I can get it all setup so that I can get tomorrows game onto PC so that people can watch the game the following day. Ok good night everyone.
Drazen_Petrovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:48 AM   #2
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation
Default Re: Nets Games on PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazen_Petrovic
Okay,
Just an update. The program I used was able to convert the DVR file into a divx file, encoded as an avi. It took a 3.2 gig file and compressed it down to a little less than 900MB. For some reason the auto commercial skipper did not work, and from what i read on the forums, there is a bug with it. So I would have to manually edit out the software. Does anyone know of any simple to use software that I could do this with. I just tried a trial edition of ULEAD somthing, and it basically would freeze up my PC. I am on my new PC now, and perhaps it would run better on this. I need to migrate a bunch of stuff over.
Anyway. If we can't get any hosting for the files, what I can do is winrar the game into 100 or 200 MB chunks, and I'll put them on www.yousendit.com. Everyone then can go there and download the pieces.
I will work on getting all the software and my DVR stuff migrated onto this new computer tomorrow morning before work. Hopefully, I can get it all setup so that I can get tomorrows game onto PC so that people can watch the game the following day. Ok good night everyone.

Okay, Migrate the avi into a chunk of divx. reroute the server with a 3.2 J-Kidd. Freeze up the defense with a House 3 . The winwar wont work without a Jefferson patch kit. So go with a 200 pd chunk of M. Moore. We can host an Orlando. But we need an 8 spot to track the gold ring. If Carter can download his focus it will be a tough battle for any gigi. Were gonna need a Boki M.I.P and rookie tandem in order for this program to work. It's a long long shot but....uaskd4it.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:54 AM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

before you go looking for more programs, isn't it possible to fiddle with the settings that control how to filter out the commercials?

i would guess that they would filter by volume changes, changes in video levels and stuff like that. surely they give you some sensitivity controls you can adjust?

also, the best way to share this stuff is prolly just to host it off your PC via things like emule, bittorrent or IRC. we will have access by whichever program or method you choose to the games that you choose to share, and when someone else downloads one that will be automatically be another person who can help host the file.

also, you won't have to screw around with breaking each game up and uploading the parts to some other site this way. as soon as you convert the game over it will be ready for other people to access.

Last edited by gigantes : 03-23-2007 at 04:01 AM.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:39 AM   #4
Drazen_Petrovic
Decent playground baller

With the commercial skip, there are basically 6 or seven different checkboxes to choose from. Default was all of them, and it didn't work. It takes pretty long too, so trial and error would be very time consuming. I will give it a shot on this computer though, it should be faster.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:52 AM   #5
Drazen_Petrovic
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMo
Okay, Migrate the avi into a chunk of divx. reroute the server with a 3.2 J-Kidd. Freeze up the defense with a House 3 . The winwar wont work without a Jefferson patch kit. So go with a 200 pd chunk of M. Moore. We can host an Orlando. But we need an 8 spot to track the gold ring. If Carter can download his focus it will be a tough battle for any gigi. Were gonna need a Boki M.I.P and rookie tandem in order for this program to work. It's a long long shot but....uaskd4it.

that was hilarious
Old 03-23-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
Drazen_Petrovic
Decent playground baller

Ok, got s program that will remove the commercials automatically. I have to go to work now. We will just need to figure out how to host these files.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: